[Answered]  What is wrong with the Bahamut gatinko chip?

Anyone else not having luck with Dread Bahamut against right spin? I kept bursting immediately until I changed out the chip with Fafnir and then turned it around.  Are the teeth super weak?  Then what is the point?
(Jul. 04, 2019  5:25 PM)monstructor Wrote: Anyone else not having luck with Dread Bahamut against right spin? I kept bursting immediately until I changed out the chip with Fafnir and then turned it around.  Are the teeth super weak?  Then what is the point?
Yes they are weak, the point is you can get retighten.
(Jul. 04, 2019  6:26 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2019  5:25 PM)monstructor Wrote: Anyone else not having luck with Dread Bahamut against right spin? I kept bursting immediately until I changed out the chip with Fafnir and then turned it around.  Are the teeth super weak?  Then what is the point?
Yes they are weak, the point is you can get retighten.

Retighten?
(Jul. 04, 2019  6:48 PM)monstructor Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2019  6:26 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yes they are weak, the point is you can get retighten.

Retighten?

You’re either supposed to soft launch or medium launch Dread Bahamut. What g2_ means by retighten is that the Bey will lose clicks and regain them mid-battle, as long as you don’t launch too hard.
Oh interesting, good to know. Wouldn't have thought of that
The problem isn't the Bahamut chip. It's the Dread layer. The teeth don't sit close enough to the tip.
I don't know why you would use dread bahamut, arent B3 and hS better?
Even if dB worked properly, it wouldn't be comparable to hS. Dread and B3 are defense, not stam.
The Bahamut chip has the same teeth shape as Ashura. Giving it 3 teeth on one side and 4 teeth on the other theoretically would give the chip 7 weaker clicks before bursting.

Coupled with the Dread layer, which weakens a chip's teeth due to its design, the stock dB layer is very prone to bursting.

I think the 7 click chips work decently well with an attack layer and a dash driver at least. Zwei Bahamut with a dash driver seem to have acceptable burst defense. Not sure how it really compares to Zwei Fafnir that also has a dash driver though. I'm still not convinced on the effectiveness of the 7 click chips overall.
I'd suggest that you press on the Chip after every use to make sure it stays on the Base. Been using it for a few tests and found out that hard impacts tend to derail my Bahamut Chip (like you see it is on the Base but once you press on it you then hear the click that indicates it is "securely" locked in place). That might also be the case on yours.