[Answered]  String Change MOD

We all know that the beylauncher string wores of after uses. So my MOD is about changing The string with a strong Fishing line, and can be modified to extreme speed. I don't have my beylauncher so it will be considered if anyones tries and reviews this idea.
matching the legal revolution, will it be considered legal thread link [https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Unanswe...r-is-legal ]
{It is in hobby q & a because i edited my earlier post}
Nice idea bro, i will try on my own, give me your fishing line LOL
(Mar. 04, 2018  7:48 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
Watched this video 2 years earlier, and this crabrinker is available  in US. My mod is only about changing the string with Fishing line, which is strong and smooth. I wish that i had a beylauncher to show you what it is like.
Obviously this mod would be considered illegal for tournaments cause who knows what effects it could have when people mod their launchers with it. Fishing line is quite strong but it's also smooth and twists its shape easily. Prolonged usage would mean a crazy looking fishing line and a broken launcher, IF it worked that is. Since fishing line is pretty smooth, it would barely be able to make a rotation with the resistance of the gears. It would just slip through, barely giving a beys a rotation or two.
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:06 AM)Mage Wrote: Obviously this mod would be considered illegal for tournaments cause who knows what effects it could have when people mod their launchers with it. Fishing line is quite strong but it's also smooth and twists its shape easily. Prolonged usage would mean a crazy looking fishing line and a broken launcher, IF it worked that is. Since fishing line is pretty smooth, it would barely be able to make a rotation with the resistance of the gears. It would just slip through, barely giving a beys a rotation or two.

But if it worked well, main question is:- can this made legal? Sure its a modification which aren't allowed. But if we think about it, it will allow bladers to keep blading at much lower cost, keep using same launcher for years and if we can legalize Defence Grip Base's attack mode, I think we can allow this as well. It will encourage more bladers to attend event and maybe even consider going/hosting WBO events over even WBBA events due to better and more convenient rules
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:24 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:06 AM)Mage Wrote: Obviously this mod would be considered illegal for tournaments cause who knows what effects it could have when people mod their launchers with it. Fishing line is quite strong but it's also smooth and twists its shape easily. Prolonged usage would mean a crazy looking fishing line and a broken launcher, IF it worked that is. Since fishing line is pretty smooth, it would barely be able to make a rotation with the resistance of the gears. It would just slip through, barely giving a beys a rotation or two.

But if it worked well, main question is:- can this made legal? Sure its a modification which aren't allowed. But if we think about it, it will allow bladers to keep blading at much lower cost, keep using same launcher for years and if we can legalize Defence Grip Base's attack mode, I think we can allow this as well. It will encourage more bladers to attend event and maybe even consider going/hosting WBO events over even WBBA events due to better and more convenient rules

What's most worrying is the fact that hosts can't check. Tournament hosts usually don't have a screwdriver in hand to check people's launcher, and it would take some time to have to check everyone who mods their launcher. It's unreliable in the way that it's hard to judge if someone using a modded launcher secretly gave them some kind of advantage. It's better to stick with the actual products as they are quite consistent and create an even playing field.
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:29 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:24 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: But if it worked well, main question is:- can this made legal? Sure its a modification which aren't allowed. But if we think about it, it will allow bladers to keep blading at much lower cost, keep using same launcher for years and if we can legalize Defence Grip Base's attack mode, I think we can allow this as well. It will encourage more bladers to attend event and maybe even consider going/hosting WBO events over even WBBA events due to better and more convenient rules

What's most worrying is the fact that hosts can't check. Tournament hosts usually don't have a screwdriver in hand to check people's launcher, and it would take some time to have to check everyone who mods their launcher. It's unreliable in the way that it's hard to judge if someone using a modded launcher secretly gave them some kind of advantage. It's better to stick with the actual products as they are quite consistent and create an even playing field.

Agreed but won't checking revolutions of launcher and check if it fits under rotation chart in Organizer's Guide would do the job? Optionally comparing with other launcher of same kind or measuring length of string would do the job?
Idea!!!!
Metal string, metal fabrication for the launcher, teeth that actually grip a blade, changeable teeth for different blades, and other blah blah blah. It sounds great. And 100% illegal. Still, a fun idea. But string replacement is not legal as far as I know since it can not be replaced with the correct string. A good idea would be to just buy another launcher.
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:43 AM)shochbaum Wrote: Idea!!!!
Metal string, metal fabrication for the launcher, teeth that actually grip a blade, changeable teeth for different blades, and other blah blah blah. It sounds great. And 100% illegal. Still, a fun idea.   But string replacement is not legal as far as I know since it can not be replaced with the correct string. A good idea would be to just buy another launcher.

Read the first post it says use of fishing line, try it
(Mar. 05, 2018  3:02 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:43 AM)shochbaum Wrote: Idea!!!!
Metal string, metal fabrication for the launcher, teeth that actually grip a blade, changeable teeth for different blades, and other blah blah blah. It sounds great. And 100% illegal. Still, a fun idea.   But string replacement is not legal as far as I know since it can not be replaced with the correct string. A good idea would be to just buy another launcher.

Read the first post it says use of fishing line, try it

I saw that. I was thinking more wire that you use for hanging pictures since it should have less a chance of snapping. Fishing line is good but I was thinking more solid line might work. Obviously, unless I have a huge amount of time, which I I don't, I would never make this thing. But it's a fun idea. All and all, that's all I'm on here to do. Have a little fun and throw out some crazy ideas.
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:08 PM)shochbaum Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  3:02 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Read the first post it says use of fishing line, try it

I saw that. I was thinking more wire that you use for hanging pictures since it should have less a chance of snapping. Fishing line is good but I was thinking more solid line might work. Obviously, unless I have a huge amount of time, which I I don't, I would never make this thing. But it's a fun idea. All and all, that's all I'm on here to do. Have a little fun and throw out some crazy ideas.

Show me when you are done, fishing line is good though
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:31 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:08 PM)shochbaum Wrote: I saw that. I was thinking more wire that you use for hanging pictures since it should have less a chance of snapping. Fishing line is good but I was thinking more solid line might work. Obviously, unless I have a huge amount of time, which I I don't, I would never make this thing. But it's a fun idea. All and all, that's all I'm on here to do. Have a little fun and throw out some crazy ideas.

Show me when you are done, fishing line is good though

So I decided to get myself a string launcher only for this purpose.will show after done.
(Mar. 06, 2018  11:10 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:31 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Show me when you are done, fishing line is good though

So I decided to get myself a string launcher only for this purpose.will show after done.

From where are you buying the string launcher?
(Mar. 03, 2018  2:07 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: We all know that the beylauncher string wores of after uses. So my MOD is about changing The string with a strong Fishing line, and can be modified to extreme speed. I don't have my beylauncher so it will be considered if anyones tries and reviews this idea.
matching the legal revolution, will it be considered legal thread link [https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Unanswe...r-is-legal ]
I am quite sure modding and/or using parts not made for the specific launcher ie fishing line would be considered an illegal mod. If you use it at an official WBO event, you would be penalized or worse.
(Mar. 12, 2018  9:11 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2018  2:07 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: We all know that the beylauncher string wores of after uses. So my MOD is about changing The string with a strong Fishing line, and can be modified to extreme speed. I don't have my beylauncher so it will be considered if anyones tries and reviews this idea.
I am quite sure modding and/or using parts not made for the specific launcher ie fishing line would be considered an illegal mod.  If you use it at an official WBO event, you would be penalized or worse.

My Idea is a mod with lot lots of revolutions. But the question is if is it made same as legal revs. will it be considered legal?
We will not do this without your reply.
(Mar. 12, 2018  9:36 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  9:11 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: I am quite sure modding and/or using parts not made for the specific launcher ie fishing line would be considered an illegal mod.  If you use it at an official WBO event, you would be penalized or worse.

My Idea is a mod with lot lots of revolutions. But the question is if is it made same as legal revs. will it be considered legal?
It is an illegal mod, even if the length of the fishing line is the same as the original string.
(Mar. 12, 2018  10:39 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  9:36 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: My Idea is a mod with lot lots of revolutions. But the question is if is it made same as legal revs. will it be considered legal?
It is an illegal mod, even if the length of the fishing line is the same as the original string.

Got it.
Now this mod is only for fun
(Mar. 12, 2018  10:39 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  9:36 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: My Idea is a mod with lot lots of revolutions. But the question is if is it made same as legal revs. will it be considered legal?

Quick question. If we replace with same kind of string and same revs. Would it be legal?
(Mar. 12, 2018  11:21 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  10:39 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: It is an illegal mod, even if the length of the fishing line is the same as the original string.

Quick question. If we replace with same kind of string and same revs. Would it be legal?
Yes, replacing with identical parts is legal.
(Mar. 12, 2018  4:25 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  11:21 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Quick question. If we replace with same kind of string and same revs. Would it be legal?
Yes, replacing with identical parts is legal.

Oh thats awesome! Exactly what we were looking for

Thanks
(Mar. 12, 2018  7:51 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  4:25 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Yes, replacing with identical parts is legal.

Oh thats awesome! Exactly what we were looking for

Thanks

But the question is, from where we will get identical parts
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:29 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  12:24 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: But if it worked well, main question is:- can this made legal? Sure its a modification which aren't allowed. But if we think about it, it will allow bladers to keep blading at much lower cost, keep using same launcher for years and if we can legalize Defence Grip Base's attack mode, I think we can allow this as well. It will encourage more bladers to attend event and maybe even consider going/hosting WBO events over even WBBA events due to better and more convenient rules

I think they pull the handle to check the string, along with having a regular string launcher with them.

The string is illegal, if you remove the handle. But replacing the handle that is still intacted with the string is completely legal, since both string launchers have identical parts ( but the parts have to come from the same string launcher.)

Example:
Left string launcher(white) [swap] <---> Left string launcher (either transparent black or clear, since there is no difference in the mold of the handle and no difference of the length the string)

Right Sring launcher parts (Transparent Yellow) <---> Right string launcher (any latest regular right string launchers). The string launchers parts from the single layer lines can be swapped, but only cover, the gears, and springs can be swapped due to the string being short and the prongs of the launcher where you hook your beys are a different mold of the latest string launchers.