[Answered]  Paint

I know that this is pretty much illegal, but want to ask this in a different approach. If I used some paint onto a layer as a touch up and the weight of the bey doesn’t change at all, can the layer still be used?

Edit: No paint allowed onto the layer, period. Happy now DeceasedCrab!
In tournament,......NO!!!
^w^

Another thing, it may tighten IF you paint the teeths.
(Apr. 25, 2019  8:48 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: I know that this is pretty much illegal, but want to ask this in a different approach. If I used some paint onto a layer as a touch up and the weight of the bey doesn’t change at all, can the layer still be used?

The weight will change a tiny bit no matter how little paint you apply, although the same could be said about stickers. The tournament rules say that you're not allowed to paint or dye layers because they can ruin how the Bey comes off the launcher and they could incidentally make contact with the opposing Bey. Even the tiniest amount of paint can make a small change in performance.
Do not paint. Accept the blemishes.
Painting Beys at all is not allowed
(Apr. 25, 2019  3:04 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2019  8:48 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: I know that this is pretty much illegal, but want to ask this in a different approach. If I used some paint onto a layer as a touch up and the weight of the bey doesn’t change at all, can the layer still be used?

The weight will change a tiny bit no matter how little paint you apply, although the same could be said about stickers. The tournament rules say that you're not allowed to paint or dye layers because they can ruin how the Bey comes off the launcher and they could incidentally make contact with the opposing Bey. Even the tiniest amount of paint can make a small change in performance.

Even though the tiny amount of paint that is not close to the contact points, teeth, or the prongs that hook to the bey?

(Apr. 25, 2019  11:20 AM)Al Edison Wrote: In tournament,......NO!!!
                                                ^w^

Another thing, it may tighten IF you paint the teeths.

Not on the teeth nor contact points.
What part of "Don't paint layers" did you miss? Here's the point where I quote the relevant sections from the Rules because apparently you won't read them.

"Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance except in the methods explicitly outlined in the green section below . Bladers who intentionally modify the performance illegally of their equipment will be disqualified and potentially banned from future WBO events."

"Applying Nail Polish to Stickers: Applying a thin coat of clear nail polish to protect the stickers of your Beyblade for aesthetic purposes is permitted. However, if a judge determines you have applied a copious amount of nail polish to the point where it might significantly impact the weight of your Beyblade, you will be obligated to switch out the part for another version of the same part with no nail polish applied. If you cannot, you will be given a match loss.

Marking Parts: Parts may be marked in order to differentiate parts from your opponent’s in the event of a double Burst Finish, or to maintain the orientation of your combination’s parts should it burst and need to be re-assembled. Stickers may be used to do this, but must follow the rules outlined under “Sticker Placement” above. Alternatively, you may apply minor markings (single lines or dots) to them with a pen or marker. Marking parts in this manner is permitted, but you may not draw on your parts for aesthetic purposes. Other methods of marking not explicitly outlined here are not permitted and will be considered a “foreign substance” as defined by the section above.

Painting or Decorating Launchers/Grips/Accessories: Launchers, Grips, and Accessories may be painted or decorated for aesthetic purposes only. Any paint or decoration added must not affect the performance or originally intended functions or gimmicks of the part and should not obstruct your opponent’s ability to launch properly in any way. If a judge determines your launcher, grip, or accessory has been modified to the point of illegality due to such modifications, they may tell you to you switch to a new version of that same part."

Don't Paint Layers!

Now edit your OP and mark this as answered!
shouldn't this be edited to say paint weithouth primer changes the weight of the bey? uif you add primer then it eill not chamnge the weight at all uinfortunately this really only works for the metal peices
(Apr. 26, 2019  2:33 PM)Shevs56 Wrote: shouldn't this be edited to say paint weithouth primer changes the weight of the bey? uif you add primer then it eill not chamnge the weight at all uinfortunately this really only works for the metal peices

That makes absolutely no sense. As long as you put paint on something, you're adding to the total mass that it has, which in turn increases the weight of the object, no matter what. Another thing that painting can do is make the Disk prongs slightly thicker, which creates friction between the Disk and the Layer, giving the combination an illegal increase in Burst Resistance.
(Apr. 26, 2019  1:40 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: *WBO rules*

Now edit your OP and mark this as answered!

Okay, jeez. You don’t have to be a damn jerk about it, I just wanted to double check whether a small touch-up away from the teeth, gimmick or prongs would not affect the bey. And i could just try some way to erase the paint.
Ok you guys should calm down and i don't think cussing is allowed in the wbo. Just saying
I did have to be a damn jerk about it; you demonstrated you weren't going to get it otherwise.
(Apr. 26, 2019  8:17 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I did have to be a damn jerk about it; you demonstrated you weren't going to get it otherwise.

Dude, how hard is it to just say “not even a tiny drop of paint onto the layer.” Be reasonable.
"—humble —"
It's answered already so.......?
(Apr. 26, 2019  8:17 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I did have to be a damn jerk about it; you demonstrated you weren't going to get it otherwise.
Guys! Let’s all just get along! This is a community, and as a community we should be patient and look out for eachother. Beyblading is supposed to be a way to have fun, lay some stress off, and escape the bad in this world for just a second. Being mean to someone isn’t justifiable ever on these forums. Let’s all enjoy this awesome hobby together as friends and as a community! Grin
(May. 01, 2019  10:14 PM)HappyRhino Wrote:
Guys! Let’s all just get along! This is a community, and as a community we should be patient and look out for eachother. Beyblading is supposed to be a way to have fun, lay some stress off, and escape the bad in this world for just a second. Being mean to someone isn’t justifiable ever on these forums. Let’s all enjoy this awesome hobby together as friends and as a community! Grin

Tell that to crab
I'm closing this. Answer has been given multiple times.