[Answered]  Need Help...Brand New to Bey Blades

Hello,

Brand new here.  Not only to this forum but Bey Blades in general.  I am been watching others online and researching because I want to get into the world of Bey Blades.  However, I have no idea where to start.  I do not own one thing yet.  I have about $100 to $150 to spend to get started this coming next week.  I have a friend who let me look at some older stuff he has and he very generally went over it with me.  So, I know enough to be dangerous, meaning not much at all.  I liked the metal ones, but I've also seen the ones that break apart...the Bursts, I believe.  I really like the Takara Bey Blades.  Specifically, Takaratomy B-127 Cho-Z Valkyrie and B-117 Burst Revive Phoenix...oh, and the Takara Tomy B-122 Geist Fafnir Stamina Starter.  In general I like the Attack type but also have great respect for the Stamina type.  So, here's my dilemma.  I don't know if I should buy the Metal ones or the Bursts which seem to be mostly plastic.  Then, I don't know whether or not to buy a cheap starter set that includes launchers and a stadium, or just start buying more expensive ones to begin my collection.

I'm not planning on doing any type of tournaments, but I do want to have them here at my home for myself, family and friends.  But I also like collecting things and this looks like an awesome type of thing to get into just for collecting purposes.  

Any advice anyone can give me on how to best spend $100 to $150 to start a nice collection, get some good launcher(s) and a stadium and oh yeah, a nice storage.  I have a list started on Amazon.  But i figured people here in this forum could help me.

Thanks.

- TmagikArt
(Jan. 25, 2019  11:58 PM)TmagikArt Wrote: Hello,

Brand new here.  Not only to this forum but Bey Blades in general.  I am been watching others online and researching because I want to get into the world of Bey Blades.  However, I have no idea where to start.  I do not own one thing yet.  I have about $100 to $150 to spend to get started this coming next week.  I have a friend who let me look at some older stuff he has and he very generally went over it with me.  So, I know enough to be dangerous, meaning not much at all.  I liked the metal ones, but I've also seen the ones that break apart...the Bursts, I believe.  I really like the Takara Bey Blades.  Specifically, Takaratomy B-127 Cho-Z Valkyrie and B-117 Burst Revive Phoenix...oh, and the Takara Tomy B-122 Geist Fafnir Stamina Starter.  In general I like the Attack type but also have great respect for the Stamina type.  So, here's my dilemma.  I don't know if I should buy the Metal ones or the Bursts which seem to be mostly plastic.  Then, I don't know whether or not to buy a cheap starter set that includes launchers and a stadium, or just start buying more expensive ones to begin my collection.

I'm not planning on doing any type of tournaments, but I do want to have them here at my home for myself, family and friends.  But I also like collecting things and this looks like an awesome type of thing to get into just for collecting purposes.  

Any advice anyone can give me on how to best spend $100 to $150 to start a nice collection, get some good launcher(s) and a stadium and oh yeah, a nice storage.  I have a list started on Amazon.  But i figured people here in this forum could help me.

Thanks.

- TmagikArt

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)

I hope you managed to read through and understand all that. If so, I hope I helped
Wow! What a wonderful answer. You have completely given me the ability to go search and shop for a more accurate collection. And now I am empowered to buy with confidence. Thank you so much. Any recommendations on launchers or stadiums?
(Jan. 26, 2019  2:11 AM)TmagikArt Wrote: Wow!  What a wonderful answer.  You have completely given me the ability to go search and shop for a more accurate collection.  And now I am empowered to buy with confidence.  Thank you so much.  Any recommendations on launchers or stadiums?

Launchers: B-119/B-88 dual spin string launchers with great power or you can get the B-112 a dual spin ripcord launcher with amazing power

Stadium: B-09 or B-33 tournament legal stadiums and are great for battling
May I say for that balance type combo, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say just get Hell Salamander and the Triple Booster Set
That can make: Hell Salamander 7Dagger Destroy, which is a better balance type combo
Also, for launchers get Cho-Z Achilles, it comes with the best launcher rn, that being the LR String Launcher and some other good parts, the launcher is stronger than any other LR String Launcher because it has a longer string and is more durable. Also for stadiums, get the Basic TT Stadium, Nowadays they are a bit pricey alone and you'll probably be able to only get them in a set; e.g. Cho Z Dash Set
Guide to fakes

Only Buy From certified sellers like 88PowerPig88.
And buy Takara tomy or hasbro, although in my opinion takara is better.
Never buy rapidity Beyblades or spin master or anything that’s bootleg, usually when’s the packaging is ripped and stuff
Very helpful. Little overwhelming. But this is just a hobby for now. Each month I'll make new purchases and continue to participate on this board to learn more and more.
(Jan. 26, 2019  3:19 AM)TmagikArt Wrote: Very helpful. Little overwhelming. But this is just a hobby for now. Each month I'll make new purchases and continue to participate on this board to learn more and more.

The people here are super intense about Beyblades, but don’t worry, I think you’ll fit in perfectly! Smile
in my opinion hasbro is way better and easier to use