[Answered]  Just how bad are fake beyblades and launchers?

In looks they are almost identical to the real deal, they even come with a sticker sheet.
Generally, how bad are they in battle? Will they always lose against genuine Takara Tomy product? Do their God abilities even work?
Price-wise, a fake Kreis Satan is $4. A real one is $17 at lowest.
(Mar. 21, 2018  1:42 PM)234 Wrote: In looks they are almost identical to the real deal, they even come with a sticker sheet.
Generally, how bad are they in battle? Will they always lose against genuine Takara Tomy product? Do their God abilities even work?

You see, I was gifted fake wyvron armed massive that caused my sword launcher wreck.
It came with a string launcher, i pulled it out like real one, the casing broke and gears came out.
I have also heard that Fake light launcher wore out just tooooooooooooooooo
much
The weight disk could be made with lead. A cancer causing material. And plastic as well

Don't buy fakes
(Mar. 21, 2018  1:42 PM)234 Wrote: In looks they are almost identical to the real deal, they even come with a sticker sheet.

(Mar. 21, 2018  5:08 PM)Bersilus Wrote: The weight disk could be made with lead. A cancer causing material. And plastic as well

Don't buy fakes

yeah they get made with lead, which is no bueno. and performance wise compared to TT, they are trash and all of the launchers break and the plastic is cheap and is more likely to break as well, and i dont think any fake beys god ability works at all. plus its almost guranteed youll get the wrong driver everytime
I once bought a Phantom Orion, but it was a fake and i didnt even know it then. The Bearing drive was totally imbalanced and the Stickers were too big . I was so upset then Unhappy
There are so many betrayers out there, and it's definitely no fun to find out that your precious bey is nothing more than a fake. So just be careful guys

Once got a fake string Left launcher for free and it still works while I've probably gone over like 6 original ones, albeit I used them more.

I wouldn't reccomend supporting rip-off brands though.
Would getting a fake be worth it for the frame, at the very least? I understand that all of their parts are rubbish, especially the discs and drivers, but frames are just plastic used to add weight.
THEY DON’T EVEN WORK!!!!!!!!!
(Apr. 04, 2018  10:45 AM)234 Wrote: Would getting a fake be worth it for the frame, at the very least? I understand that all of their parts are rubbish, especially the discs and drivers, but frames are just plastic used to add weight.
If the plastic used in fake burst Beyblades is the same as the plastic used in MFB fakes then the plastic will start to splinter after a bit of use.
Also, because it's fake, it is likely not to be the correct weight.

The sayings "You get what you pay for" and "Buy nice or buy twice" come to mind. You buy the cheap knock-off, and you end up buying to replace it or just buy the correct bey you should've in the first place.

I wouldn't battle against someone using fake parts. For all I know, they might damage my real beys. It's good that tournament rules are strict about these things.

I also agree with Limetka about not supporting fake brands. That's rewarding them for stealing ideas. I don't mind the folks dealing with the more crazy aspects of copyright, but attempting to clone and pass it off as real is a jerk move, really. At least put some amount of originality into it...besides using cheap plastic, I mean.
fakes aren't that bad as long as you know how to find the quality ones, ever since the bakuten era fakes have been around, buying fakes does not hurt the original manufacturers at all, Takara and welp japan know that whatever they make china are gonna counterfeit there products, this is part of their risk appetite they calculate this so that they will still make profit

always support the originals of course

I particularly like fakes and always have since the BEYginning , fakes sometimes make little adjustments that you wish takara would make

e.g the lr launcher that came with legend spriggan was cack but there fake one is better and in various colours

also the fakes depending on what brand are closer if not weigh the same unlike hasbro , I've measure the TD legend spriggan and the layer weighs the same the disk also the base is a let down but it gives me scope to customized it, same with the TD sieg xcalibur that comes with a reboot that is better than the original.

also I bought a set that had a really great launcher aswell thats high quality

as long as you support the originals then I personally dont think theres anything wrong with buying fakes
No one made the argument of fakes stealing money from TT or anybody. For clarity's sake, I said, don't reward companies who steal ideas and try to trick people into thinking it's the real thing but gives them a garbage product instead. There is 0% cool in any of that, in my opinion anyway. You're better off buying quality from the get-go, else you're wasting your money when you thought you were actually saving it.

You might have a point if you can prove there is a company that creates quality fakes and even fixes mistakes TT makes (as opposed to upping the weight or doing other tricks just to make their tops come off stronger). But I have to say I'm wary if they play the same package trickery game. Granted, it seems to be considered acceptable behavior in a place like China (as far as I'm aware), but I can't say it still doesn't rub me the wrong way.

It's also worth noting that you may face seizing of your purchase and even fines if customs inspects your package (if bought internationally) and determines that you have counterfeit goods, at least in the US. The fining may depend on if customs thinks you might resell it, I can't remember the technical details there.

Also, even a good fake is going to be banned in tournament play. I don't see the WBO lifting restrictions on that, lest they get on someone's legal bad side. And anything company-run is going to ban fakes for sure. Might not be relevant for someone who doesn't think they'll participate in any, I guess?

But you do what you will with your own money and time. Everyone's got different opinions after all.
I was just mentioning it not in relation to any statement here, but one thing i would say is fakes dont trick you they clearly have another brand on the box if it said takara and the item in box was fake then that's trickery, of course they are not wbo legal but against friends etc it's fine.

Of course every opinion is valid and worth being expressed

When I find my scales I'll show the comparison of weight
(Mar. 24, 2018  7:39 AM)DraconicArt Wrote: I once bought a Phantom Orion, but it was a fake and i didnt even know it then. The Bearing drive was totally imbalanced and the Stickers were too big . I was so upset then Unhappy
There are so many betrayers out there, and it's definitely no fun to find out that your precious bey is nothing more than a fake. So just be careful guys

but on youtube fake  Phantom Orion from rapidity wins against real diablo nemesis and flame sagittario and also in zankye fake fang leone vs real fang leone and fake vs real cosmic pegasus so really don't now what too buy ..........
(Apr. 06, 2018  6:06 PM)msethna Wrote:
(Mar. 24, 2018  7:39 AM)DraconicArt Wrote: I once bought a Phantom Orion, but it was a fake and i didnt even know it then. The Bearing drive was totally imbalanced and the Stickers were too big . I was so upset then :(

but on youtube fake  Phantom Orion from rapidity wins against real diablo nemesis and flame sagittario and also in zankye fake fang leone vs real fang leone and fake vs real cosmic pegasus so really don't now what too buy ..........

Buy it if you want. You can't use it in WBO tournaments though. Or try and use it and be disqualified or worse banned from future events  ^_^  :djdisappointed:
(Apr. 06, 2018  8:07 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2018  6:06 PM)msethna Wrote: but on youtube fake  Phantom Orion from rapidity wins against real diablo nemesis and flame sagittario and also in zankye fake fang leone vs real fang leone and fake vs real cosmic pegasus so really don't now what too buy ..........

Buy it if you want. You can't use it in WBO tournaments though. Or try and use it and be disqualified or worse banned from future events  Joyful_3  Dj - Disappointed ...

i can organize my own tournaments for all types beys not with wbo but my own..... 
We have found fake Burst beyblades in low prices store across the street few days ago. Got one to see differences, to be able to notice fakes at tournaments.

About quality, there is one important remark.
We picked Orbit driver.
When I made ball at OG Orbit (or Atomic) smoother, had to work on it almost hour by file tool, just to remove small parts of bumps so it can rotate freely.
When did it on fake - just one slight touch was enough to remove whole bump. That's how hard and resistant material is. You can expect fake drivers to wear off very quickly.

Also (not related to question itself), there was strange resonant sound when used fake layer in battle.
My son recalled hearing that sound once at tournament, but didn't know that should had been reported to judge. Anyway, there was not a trouble to win the match.

Weight of disc (Boost) is 1 gram less than OG disc's.
You might want to check out Kevos youtube channel where he compared two fake beys Sr and nL to the genuine and surprisingly they were pretty accurate. Best you check the vids on his channel though.
They SUCK. I bought a fake lS just to get the metal god chip for putting it into v3. I almost felt bad for the laughs, just terrifying performances. Now every single piece of that garbage but the mgc is in the trash
There are many fake companies selling Beys. Only ebay delivers the proof daily.
Fakes are bad the disc can cause skin problems / even cancer
I know fakes are to ba avoided .. does anyone have any experience tith TD fakes? I am wondering what their specefic quality issues are
(Apr. 04, 2018  5:40 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Also, because it's fake, it is likely not to be the correct weight.

The sayings "You get what you pay for" and "Buy nice or buy twice" come to mind. You buy the cheap knock-off, and you end up buying to replace it or just buy the correct bey you should've in the first place.

I wouldn't battle against someone using fake parts. For all I know, they might damage my real beys. It's good that tournament rules are strict about these things.

I also agree with Limetka about not supporting fake brands. That's rewarding them for stealing ideas. I don't mind the folks dealing with the more crazy aspects of copyright, but attempting to clone and pass it off as real is a jerk move, really. At least put some amount of originality into it...besides using cheap plastic, I mean.

Well said.
Bro i accidentally bought a $6 lost longinus i thought i was lucky because i didn't know about fakes when i got it the left launcher broke and gears fell out and the dragon heads both fell out so it got trashed against my other beys like hasbro can even beat it