[Answered]  How does the 5 forge disk help burst resistance.

(Nov. 07, 2018  9:34 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2018  8:40 PM)Armor Wrote: So you were emphasizing more on OWD rather than weight? Interesting. Also, does this mean 10 is better than 0?

Hmm, nice question. Yes and no, i mean i can't explain to myself why 0 makes my combos burst much more than 7. 0 should help with burst resistance cause its weight is focused inside the disc so it should increase defense skills overall, while 7 relies on its outward weight to increase stamina. 1 gram does make such a big difference? I only find use for 0 in combos with a defense shaped layer (Shadow Amaterios, mainly). It skips one tooth sometimes, doesn't skip at all most of the times. My stationary attack combo wV/0/Et is a disaster, sA/0/Et is very good nonetheless. So i replace 0 with 7, everytime i test wV and things improve a lot. I don't know if a level chip could help by adding its 0,7 grams. I only have one, and i don't feel like i want to risk it in a battle. wV reaches 20,25 grams with a LC, though.
I can't answer at all about 10 disc, i still have to grab a rP. I'd really love to test it, so i'll buy it soon!

Shadow Amaterios works as a defense type? I'm not too surprised, to be honest. Also, it's probably the weight distribution rather than the weight that makes 7 and 0's performance vary.
(Nov. 08, 2018  6:44 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2018  9:34 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hmm, nice question. Yes and no, i mean i can't explain to myself why 0 makes my combos burst much more than 7. 0 should help with burst resistance cause its weight is focused inside the disc so it should increase defense skills overall, while 7 relies on its outward weight to increase stamina. 1 gram does make such a big difference? I only find use for 0 in combos with a defense shaped layer (Shadow Amaterios, mainly). It skips one tooth sometimes, doesn't skip at all most of the times. My stationary attack combo wV/0/Et is a disaster, sA/0/Et is very good nonetheless. So i replace 0 with 7, everytime i test wV and things improve a lot. I don't know if a level chip could help by adding its 0,7 grams. I only have one, and i don't feel like i want to risk it in a battle. wV reaches 20,25 grams with a LC, though.
I can't answer at all about 10 disc, i still have to grab a rP. I'd really love to test it, so i'll buy it soon!

Shadow Amaterios works as a defense type? I'm not too surprised, to be honest. Also, it's probably the weight distribution rather than the weight that makes 7 and 0's performance vary.

Oh yeah, it does! It's somewhat similar to Emperor Forneus, i mean sA is pretty circular shaped and its inward protrusions help a lot to deflect opponents attacks against both left and right spin beys. The teeth are much better than the ones of eF, which means you can use a driver even if it doesn't have a really strong spring. About 0 and 7, i gotta say that wV is a dang strong hitter so it's fine if it skips teeth more easily compared to other top-tier layers like aH, hS, rP. 0 should help in burst resistance more than 7 does, since its IWD is supposed to work for it. I can't get why beytubers show no problem in using 0, while my personal tests prove the exact opposite. Overall, 7 is a much better choice for attack combos than 0. The latest needs to be put in a combo featuring a defense type layer with strong teeth and no rubber on the tip of the driver to be useful. And about these kind of drivers, Orbit, Atomic, Eternal and Revolve are (in my opinion) the best choices to date. 0 and Et have the highest LAD level when used together, you can outspin a lot of opponents!
(Nov. 07, 2018  11:09 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: I have the feeling you're etching away from 5.

Yes the question has been answered so I don't see a reason to keep continuing this thread
(Nov. 08, 2018  11:35 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2018  6:44 PM)Armor Wrote: Shadow Amaterios works as a defense type? I'm not too surprised, to be honest. Also, it's probably the weight distribution rather than the weight that makes 7 and 0's performance vary.

Oh yeah, it does! It's somewhat similar to Emperor Forneus, i mean sA is pretty circular shaped and its inward protrusions help a lot to deflect opponents attacks against both left and right spin beys. The teeth are much better than the ones of eF, which means you can use a driver even if it doesn't have a really strong spring. About 0 and 7, i gotta say that wV is a dang strong hitter so it's fine if it skips teeth more easily compared to other top-tier layers like aH, hS, rP. 0 should help in burst resistance more than 7 does, since its IWD is supposed to work for it. I can't get why beytubers show no problem in using 0, while my personal tests prove the exact opposite. Overall, 7 is a much better choice for attack combos than 0. The latest needs to be put in a combo featuring a defense type layer with strong teeth and no rubber on the tip of the driver to be useful. And about these kind of drivers, Orbit, Atomic, Eternal and Revolve are (in my opinion) the best choices to date. 0 and Et have the highest LAD level when used together, you can outspin a lot of opponents!

Isn't it CWD instead of IWD? Central vs inner.
(Nov. 10, 2018  8:36 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2018  11:35 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Oh yeah, it does! It's somewhat similar to Emperor Forneus, i mean sA is pretty circular shaped and its inward protrusions help a lot to deflect opponents attacks against both left and right spin beys. The teeth are much better than the ones of eF, which means you can use a driver even if it doesn't have a really strong spring. About 0 and 7, i gotta say that wV is a dang strong hitter so it's fine if it skips teeth more easily compared to other top-tier layers like aH, hS, rP. 0 should help in burst resistance more than 7 does, since its IWD is supposed to work for it. I can't get why beytubers show no problem in using 0, while my personal tests prove the exact opposite. Overall, 7 is a much better choice for attack combos than 0. The latest needs to be put in a combo featuring a defense type layer with strong teeth and no rubber on the tip of the driver to be useful. And about these kind of drivers, Orbit, Atomic, Eternal and Revolve are (in my opinion) the best choices to date. 0 and Et have the highest LAD level when used together, you can outspin a lot of opponents!

Isn't it CWD instead of IWD? Central vs inner.
Cwd and IWD are the same thing ?
I can't understand what are you talking about, discs or layers... But i'll try to explain both.
sA is flatter than eF, Forneus is similar to a rollercoaster. Uphill and downhill, uphill and downhill. Amaterios is designed differently: metal copies the height of the layer, definitely flatter than eF. This (i think) gives sA a better balance and a better weight distribution. If you add the fact of it being heavier and having much stronger teeth... There's no possible comparison, Shadow Amaterios beats Emperor Forneus in everything.
And the discs. 7 has a bit more owd than 0, 0 has a bit more iwd than 7 and is slightly heavier. The fact is that 0 has a good amount of LAD by itself, 7 doesn't due to the different shape. If you pair 0 with Et, the overall LAD level gets quite high.
Would Shadow Amaterios dominate the meta now for defense then?
(Nov. 10, 2018  9:51 PM)Armor Wrote: Would Shadow Amaterios dominate the meta now for defense then?

Hmm, i think Vise Leopard and Shadow Amaterios are kinda underrated for defense. Low recoil, strong teeth shape and weight (who can be increased with a LC. 0,70 grams but, you know, everything counts) make them a very good choice. I guess the reason why they're ignored is rooted in their stock combos. sA/0/X' is useless just because the layer is not meant to be used in an attack combo like that one. vL/12L/Ds: pretty much the same. Vise Leopard is ruined by 12 and lift, it's incredibly thick and scrapes the stadium like a mad. Destroy is a good driver, but vL is not shaped to be a top-tier attack layer. This is most likely the reason why they didn't test them too much. Dominating in pure defense type? Maybe, competitors are almost all defense/stamina hybrids which make them dang tough to defeat. But i really think they deserve a shot. Plus, it's cool to try something different to shake current meta and would be even cooler if sA and vL did good against monsters like aH, hS and rP or, why not, beat them!
(Nov. 10, 2018  11:02 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  9:51 PM)Armor Wrote: Would Shadow Amaterios dominate the meta now for defense then?

Hmm, i think Vise Leopard and Shadow Amaterios are kinda underrated for defense. Low recoil, strong teeth shape and weight (who can be increased with a LC. 0,70 grams but, you know, everything counts) make them a very good choice. I guess the reason why they're ignored is rooted in their stock combos. sA/0/X' is useless just because the layer is not meant to be used in an attack combo like that one. vL/12L/Ds: pretty much the same. Vise Leopard is ruined by 12 and lift, it's incredibly thick and scrapes the stadium like a mad. Destroy is a good driver, but vL is not shaped to be a top-tier attack layer. This is most likely the reason why they didn't test them too much. Dominating in pure defense type? Maybe, competitors are almost all defense/stamina hybrids which make them dang tough to ddefeat.But i really think they deserve a shot. Plus, it's cool to try something different to shake current meta and would be even cooler if sA and vL did good against monsters like aH, hS and rP or, why not, beat them!

How good would you say these two are then? I have not seen these used at all, but maybe that's because the meta was being dominated by aH, hS, and rP in terms of both stamina and defense.
(Nov. 10, 2018  11:45 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  11:02 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hmm, i think Vise Leopard and Shadow Amaterios are kinda underrated for defense. Low recoil, strong teeth shape and weight (who can be increased with a LC. 0,70 grams but, you know, everything counts) make them a very good choice. I guess the reason why they're ignored is rooted in their stock combos. sA/0/X' is useless just because the layer is not meant to be used in an attack combo like that one. vL/12L/Ds: pretty much the same. Vise Leopard is ruined by 12 and lift, it's incredibly thick and scrapes the stadium like a mad. Destroy is a good driver, but vL is not shaped to be a top-tier attack layer. This is most likely the reason why they didn't test them too much. Dominating in pure defense type? Maybe, competitors are almost all defense/stamina hybrids which make them dang tough to ddefeat.But i really think they deserve a shot. Plus, it's cool to try something different to shake current meta and would be even cooler if sA and vL did good against monsters like aH, hS and rP or, why not, beat them!

How good would you say these two are then? I have not seen these used at all, but maybe that's because the meta was being dominated by aH, hS, and rP in terms of both stamina and defense.

I only have sA, but vL (imho) isn't that bad. During a spin test session against aH it did very well. The other parts were 0-7/Et. Similar times for the most part, sometimes Shadow Amaterios did better than aH! The biggest gap of a single session: 15 seconds more! I couldn't believe it, Archer Hercules got beaten in a stamina test? It was all true, stamina monster was defeated by far by sA. You know, in general nobody should take wikia pages as an undisputable truth. It takes a bit of courage to take a different road from the rest of what is considered a "safe choice", but what if nobody did? Isn't it boring? I refuse to rely on those, i need to find my own way (that's my actual lifestyle). Metagame is currently useless because of this, same 3 combos and you're ready to go. I don't think so, it's too easy. Btw, i could post a video about those sA-aH challenges, if i find a way to keep my smartphone in position...
Best aH spin time: 1 minute and 35 seconds
Best sA spin time: 1 minute and 50 seconds
Wait a minute, so sA is actually better than aH?

doesn't that mean that aH's spot will just be replaced by sA?
(Nov. 12, 2018  11:54 PM)Armor Wrote: Wait a minute, so sA is actually better than aH?

Hey! I just finished a test session, tried sA and aH on 7/Et and 0 Et. 
Better times for each One:
sA/7/Et: 1 minute and 19 seconds
aH/7/Et: 1 minute and 5 seconds

sA/0/Et: 1 minute and 29 seconds
aH/0/Et: 1 minute and 30 seconds

So, stamina-wise they're very close. I don't know why, but aH doesn't like my 7s at all. The combo looked very unstable (even on sA, to be honest). 2,4,5 worked better (!), with an average time of 1 minute and 15 seconds for Archer Hercules. With 0, they're pretty even. 

Overall, this was really surprising.
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:19 AM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2018  11:54 PM)Armor Wrote: Wait a minute, so sA is actually better than aH?

Hey! I just finished a test session, tried sA and aH on 7/Et and 0 Et. 

So, stamina-wise they're very close. I don't know why, but aH doesn't like my 7s at all. The combo looked very unstable (even on sA, to be honest). 2,4,5 worked better (!), with an average time of 1 minute and 15 seconds for Archer Hercules. With 0, they're pretty even. 

Do you have 2 sets of Et's? cuz if you do, spin timeusually means very little in an actual stamina v stamina battle
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:27 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:19 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hey! I just finished a test session, tried sA and aH on 7/Et and 0 Et. 

Do you have 2 sets of Et's? cuz if you do, spin timeusually means very little in an actual stamina v stamina battle

Hi! No, i have only one Et. Sure, spin times don't count as much as something else in a battle. But still, who would have ever thought of sA to be that lasting? I'd really like to buy Shining Amaterios who came out with the videogame Beyblade Burst Battle Zero, but this doesn't link with this thread so i stop talking here Grin
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:41 AM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:27 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Do you have 2 sets of Et's? cuz if you do, spin timeusually means very little in an actual stamina v stamina battle

Hi! No, i have only one Et. Sure, spin times don't count as much as something else in a battle. But still, who would have ever thought of sA to be that lasting? I'd really like to buy Shining Amaterios who came out with the videogame Beyblade Burst Battle Zero, but this doesn't link with this thread so i stop talking here Grin

Is Shining Amaterios largely different though? I'd say it's basically the same, or maybe even better for defense because it has smooth wings.
(Nov. 19, 2018  1:22 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:41 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi! No, i have only one Et. Sure, spin times don't count as much as something else in a battle. But still, who would have ever thought of sA to be that lasting? I'd really like to buy Shining Amaterios who came out with the videogame Beyblade Burst Battle Zero, but this doesn't link with this thread so i stop talking here :D

Is Shining Amaterios largely different though? I'd say it's basically the same, or maybe even better for defense because it has smooth wings.

So, for what i've seen Shining amaterios has a slightly different design and it's about 1 gram lighter. But performances should be pretty much the same.

I have to say one more thing about my tests: i don't know why, but a 7 performs much better than the other. Same weight. So i looked on the bottom of both, the best has 4 stars engraved on it and tiny circles. I was shocked! There's about a 20 seconds gap in spinning times.
(Nov. 19, 2018  12:09 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2018  1:22 AM)Armor Wrote: Is Shining Amaterios largely different though? I'd say it's basically the same, or maybe even better for defense because it has smooth wings.

So, for what i've seen Shining amaterios has a slightly different design and it's about 1 gram lighter. But performances should be pretty much the same.

I have to say one more thing about my tests: i don't know why, but a 7 performs much better than the other. Same weight. So i looked on the bottom of both, the best has 4 stars engraved on it and tiny circles. I was shocked! There's about a 20 seconds gap in spinning times.

About the 7 disc, that's interesting. I only have a Hasbro one, and it has 3 stars. Still performs better than all my other discs though.
(Nov. 24, 2018  9:01 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2018  12:09 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: So, for what i've seen Shining amaterios has a slightly different design and it's about 1 gram lighter. But performances should be pretty much the same.

About the 7 disc, that's interesting. I only have a Hasbro one, and it has 3 stars. Still performs better than all my other discs though.

I think there's still a thread, the topic was about the stars under the discs. They said that there's no difference between ex. a 4 disc with 1 star and another one with 2-3 stars. But they were wrong, according to my results. The 7s i tested are both from Hasbro, they're slightly lighter than TT ones. I still have to figure out why they perform so differently, despite they look identical.
(Nov. 24, 2018  11:33 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 24, 2018  9:01 PM)Armor Wrote: About the 7 disc, that's interesting. I only have a Hasbro one, and it has 3 stars. Still performs better than all my other discs though.

I think there's still a thread, the topic was about the stars under the discs. They said that there's no difference between ex. a 4 disc with 1 star and another one with 2-3 stars. But they were wrong, according to my results. The 7s i tested are both from Hasbro, they're slightly lighter than TT ones. I still have to figure out why they perform so differently, despite they look identical.

Are you talking about difference between Hasbro and Takara Tomy here, or between number of stars? I'm getting confused.
(Nov. 25, 2018  10:54 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 24, 2018  11:33 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: I think there's still a thread, the topic was about the stars under the discs. They said that there's no difference between ex. a 4 disc with 1 star and another one with 2-3 stars. But they were wrong, according to my results. The 7s i tested are both from Hasbro, they're slightly lighter than TT ones. I still have to figure out why they perform so differently, despite they look identical.

Are you talking about difference between Hasbro and Takara Tomy here, or between number of stars? I'm getting confused.

Ops, sorry! I meant to say the four stars 7 has much better stamina than my other Hasbro 7 with 1 star, and Hasbro discs are usually lighter than tts. So i wondered: what if my best 7 had the same weight as tt ones? Maybe it could be even better than it actually is   (with those additional 0.30 grams circa)? Anyway, still an awesome disc. I should post a few pictures of the two 7s...

PS my Hasbro 7s reach both 22,78 grams
Tt 7s often cross 23 grams