[Answered]  How do you awaken a Volcanic' driver?

I am generally interested on how to.I'm asking mostly to Shindog for how he did. I've seen people use different chemicals and dremals, but I am pretty sure that's illegal. If you have any idea about how please list them here :D
The legal way to do it is through use. You use it a lot until it wears down the shaft of the driver a bit, and does something differently.
(Jan. 15, 2020  11:20 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The legal way to do it is through use. You use it a lot until it wears down the shaft of the driver a bit, and does something differently.

Thank you for answering. Is there a specific amount of time that is needed. I already new that through use is the main known legal way. I just wanted to know if there was a less time consuming way. I have already almost awaked it. At least that is what I think. It says in the middle for a bit when I bank it, but doesn't do it that long when flat launching. It says stationary in battles when there is contact, but when it doesn't get the contact, it exelerates and self KOs.
I don’t recommend power tools.  Someone who asked me about this tried that and broke one in seconds.  The shaft can get drilled in or come completely out (either way that is the end of that driver).  And yes, that is illegal.  Chemicals, I simply don’t know, haven’t tried and that is also illegal.  I recommend launching it while watching something good.  Muso stadium helps a bit if you have it.

I personally lost count somehow even tho I did it 4 times.  People tell me anywhere from 300-600 launches but don’t quote me.
Took 700 launches till it was fully awakened. Not fun, but builds character.
(Jan. 15, 2020  11:17 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I am generally interested on how to.I'm asking mostly to Shindog for how he did. I've seen people use different chemicals and dremals, but I am pretty sure that's illegal. If you have any idea about how please list them here Grin

My own silly method was:

-Get a desktop fan. Open the front grill and attach a double tape to the middle of the fan

-Let the fan run while you hold the driver (and lightly apply pressure) so that the bottom part rotate along with the fan.

-Once in a while, blow some air and brush out any accumulated dirt and plastic shaved off with a toothbrush/paintbrush (important, try to reach down the shaft)

-Test launch to see its solo spin time. I usually consider it awakened enough at around 35 seconds of solo spin time flat launch (based on youtube videos). I personally managed to get 38 and 43 seconds on 2 of my Vl' drivers.

Its gonna take a while. Using a power tool is faster since it has a lot of times more RPM than a desktop fan but it risks shaving off too much.

Silicone spray can be used, but the result is often not enough by itself.
I've done about 150 launches currently after this thread was posted. It isn't less aggressive afterwards, but it starts out in the centre for about 3 seconds. With the occasional 15-20 seconds. Will check in after 300 later.

I've now done with 300 launches. It stays completely stationary for the most part when soft launching. It rides the ridge smoothly when I do a mediam launch and it just goes crazy when hard launching.

Is double sided tape legal? I've seen it work similarly to the Muso stadiums, if not a bit faster
I've done around 670 launches and found little to no improvement after the first 300. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? How should it act exactly and how long should the plate rotate when spun with your finger?
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:40 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I've done around 670 launches and found little to no improvement after the first 300. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? How should it act exactly and how long should the plate rotate when spun with your finger?

Are you launching Vl' with a heavy disk and a heavy layer?
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:41 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:40 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I've done around 670 launches and found little to no improvement after the first 300. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? How should it act exactly and how long should the plate rotate when spun with your finger?

Are you launching Vl' with a heavy disk and a heavy layer?
I'm currently using Rock Joker Zenith Vl' Zan
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:42 PM)WayoftheBey Wrote: The volcanic' Driver can Awaken?

Yes. Over a course of time, the shaft in the driver will slowly start spinning more, giving it a lot more stamina.
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:44 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:42 PM)WayoftheBey Wrote: The volcanic' Driver can Awaken?

Yes. Over a course of time, the shaft in the driver will slowly start spinning more, giving it a lot more stamina.

Oh Cool, I didn't know that, Thanks!
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:44 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:41 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Are you launching Vl' with a heavy disk and a heavy layer?
I'm currently using Rock Joker Zenith Vl' Zan

That's fairly heavy, but I'd use pP St Vl' or ZD St Vl'.
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:46 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:44 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I'm currently using Rock Joker Zenith Vl' Zan

That's fairly heavy, but I'd use pP St Vl' or ZD St Vl'.

Yeah, but I don't want to ruin my competitive parts by using them several times.
(Jan. 18, 2020  12:27 AM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:46 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: That's fairly heavy, but I'd use pP St Vl' or ZD St Vl'.

Yeah, but I don't want to ruin my competitive parts by using them several times.

That doesn't really ruin them, but if you have Imperial Dragon, you could awaken both.
(Jan. 18, 2020  12:30 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2020  12:27 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: Yeah, but I don't want to ruin my competitive parts by using them several times.

That doesn't really ruin them, but if you have Imperial Dragon, you could awaken both.

how do you even get imperial dragon i can't find any
(Jan. 18, 2020  12:27 AM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  11:46 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: That's fairly heavy, but I'd use pP St Vl' or ZD St Vl'.

Wait if it's just for wearing Vl' down, the layer and disc should be fine. You're not battling while awakening Vl', right?

Mack The Burst made a video about awakening your Volcanic/Volcanic' Drivers recently.
(Apr. 07, 2020  11:19 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2020  12:27 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: Yeah, but I don't want to ruin my competitive parts by using them several times.

Wait if it's just for wearing Vl' down, the layer and disc should be fine. You're not battling while awakening Vl', right?

There is one thing that can happen, which is that the Burst Resistance of the Layer/Base can get weaker because of the strength of a Dash Driver's Spring. Aside from that, maybe having a Layer hit the walls or pockets too much is the only thing I can think about.
I don’t want the metal ending up looking used an groggy. I prefer it fresh while it can be so launching it hundreds of times is not what I have in mind
sorry just a question
(Apr. 08, 2020  12:57 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I don’t want the metal ending up looking used an groggy. I prefer it fresh while it can be so launching it hundreds of times is not what I have in mind

Oh you mean the metal dulling from use. I never noticed that until I looked at parts I don't use a lot, and how they were shinier.