[Answered]  Honestly Thinking About Becoming an Organizer later on. Any tips that I can get?

Anything would be helpful :)

Edit: Thanks for all the help! I'll be using this and hopefully will be hosting one day.
Review the organizer guide and the rulebooks. Try the quiz. Other organizers are very willing to help you get started generally.
(Oct. 14, 2021  9:06 PM)Cindercast Wrote: Anything would be helpful Smile
I would personally recommend having other judges if possible and practice building and running challonge brackets beforehand to get a feel for it. If you can, also try to have someone who isn't doing anything besides calling out matches. It is very hard to call matches when you are  judging and playing matches.
I saw somewhere that organizers have to pay for tournaments? Is that true? I was under the impression that they were free
(Oct. 14, 2021  9:06 PM)Cindercast Wrote: Anything would be helpful Smile

Make sure that you know your stuff, if you do and you not just have it memorized but actually understand the guides than you will be fine! Smile
(Oct. 15, 2021  12:24 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I saw somewhere that organizers have to pay for tournaments? Is that true? I was under the impression that they were free

This is false. While we do not have to pay for tournaments, we do not get financial support to run the tournament.
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:18 AM)USN Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  12:24 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I saw somewhere that organizers have to pay for tournaments? Is that true? I was under the impression that they were free

This is false. While we do not have to pay for tournaments, we do not get financial support to run the tournament.

Financial means money though. So how do we not pay for it but not get financial support? That sounds like we need to get financial stuff or something. I’m confused
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:47 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:18 AM)USN Wrote: This is false. While we do not have to pay for tournaments, we do not get financial support to run the tournament.

Financial means money though. So how do we not pay for it but not get financial support? That sounds like we need to get financial stuff or something. I’m confused

Basically i'm saying you don't get paid. All the equipment is on you.
(Oct. 15, 2021  3:23 AM)USN Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:47 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Financial means money though. So how do we not pay for it but not get financial support? That sounds like we need to get financial stuff or something. I’m confused

Basically i'm saying you don't get paid. All the equipment is on you.
So we don’t have to pay for it but the equipment is on us. Got it. But how come in the organizers guide it says “submit tournament fees”
(Oct. 15, 2021  3:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  3:23 AM)USN Wrote: Basically i'm saying you don't get paid. All the equipment is on you.
So we don’t have to pay for it but the equipment is on us. Got it. But how come in the organizers guide it says “submit tournament fees”

I'm pretty sure that's for when it does cost money to enter a tournament. When it does the money usually goes towards renting the Tournament Area and/or Prizes.
The WBO traditionally charged an entry fee for its events.  That has been suspended for some time but will probably resume in the future.  In the past, when organizers collected the entry fee, they are suppose to submit that entry fee to the WBO.  The fees that the organizers are current charging are venue fees to pay for the venue as entry fee has been suspended.  That venue fee goes to the organizers, and from the organizers to the venue owner.  WBO organizers cannot profit form events.

The WBO is a Not for Profit Organization.  The entry fee submitted to the WBO are used to maintain its operations. The WBO does need an income to do things such as keeping this forum up.  Organizers, in past, when entry fees were collected, could also request for prize money reimbursement.  That’s is another example of where the entry fee money was used for.
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:43 AM)Shindog Wrote: The WBO traditionally charged an entry fee for its events.  That has been suspended for some time but will probably resume in the future.  In the past, when organizers collected the entry fee, they are suppose to submit that entry fee to the WBO.  The fees that the organizers are current charging are venue fees to pay for the venue as entry fee has been suspended.  That venue fee goes to the organizers, and from the organizers to the venue owner.  WBO organizers cannot profit form events.

The WBO is a Not for Profit Organization.  The entry fee submitted to the WBO are used to maintain its operations. The WBO does need an income to do things such as keeping this forum up.  Organizers, in past, when entry fees were collected, could also request for prize money reimbursement.  That’s is another example of where the entry fee money was used for.
I've actually been wondering now. Is this the same case for prizes? As in organizers can charge a fee for entry so it can pay for prizes?
(Oct. 17, 2021  9:37 AM)Cindercast Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:43 AM)Shindog Wrote: The WBO traditionally charged an entry fee for its events.  That has been suspended for some time but will probably resume in the future.  In the past, when organizers collected the entry fee, they are suppose to submit that entry fee to the WBO.  The fees that the organizers are current charging are venue fees to pay for the venue as entry fee has been suspended.  That venue fee goes to the organizers, and from the organizers to the venue owner.  WBO organizers cannot profit form events.

I've actually been wondering now. Is this the same case for prizes? As in organizers can charge a fee for entry so it can pay for prizes?
No, organizers are not suppose to charge a fee for prizes or their equipment.  Organizers may collect fees for only 2 reasons I can think of, venue rental and WBO entry fee (when and if that gets reinstated).