[Answered]  Balkesh B3 and the Meta

(Oct. 17, 2019  12:43 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2019  5:11 AM)bladekid Wrote: Yeah, if kei, who was trying to ban Hasbro Br and B3 says it's not to OP, than you know it's fine. Also, It was never broken Kei, But I'm not gonna spark that fire, I'm just glad you agree now.

Not to mention the fact that he is the top ranked player in the world.
Its not that, it's that his was the biggest and main advocate for banning Br and B3.
(Oct. 17, 2019  2:11 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2019  12:43 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Not to mention the fact that he is the top ranked player in the world.
Its not that, it's that his was the biggest and main advocate for banning Br and B3.

His skill level shows that he knows what he is talking about, and that means we should deeply consider what he has to say.
(Oct. 18, 2019  11:51 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2019  2:11 PM)bladekid Wrote: Its not that, it's that his was the biggest and main advocate for banning Br and B3.

His skill level shows that he knows what he is talking about, and that means we should deeply consider what he has to say.
Maybe, but again, he did try to ban Br and B3 even though nither were ever really a problem. So don't always trust players just because they are good, trust them if they are making good points.
(Oct. 18, 2019  1:22 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  11:51 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: His skill level shows that he knows what he is talking about, and that means we should deeply consider what he has to say.
Maybe, but again, he did try to ban Br and B3 even though nither were ever really a problem. So don't always trust players just because they are good, trust them if they are making good points.

Imagine having such a high-and-mighty opinion of yourself that even the word of the #1 blader on the WBO means nothing to you.
B3 and Hasbro Bearing were once a significant issue, but I think it’s use has declined due to the release of Judgment Joker and Zwei Longinus, both of which can take it out with relative ease. B3 is still certainly good, but not really the best anymore. Lord Spriggan can now do what B3 did best, not be burst, with the addition of about 8-10 grams of weight. Hasbro and Takara products are so different now, a Hasbro Format revitalization is probably a good idea for the many Hasbro users out there, so they can have the same amount of fun as Takara players, without worrying that their bey will be one shot by a Judgment or Zwei combo.
(Oct. 18, 2019  7:28 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  1:22 PM)bladekid Wrote: Maybe, but again, he did try to ban Br and B3 even though nither were ever really a problem. So don't always trust players just because they are good, trust them if they are making good points.

Imagine having such a high-and-mighty opinion of yourself that even the word of the #1 blader on the WBO means nothing to you.
Nerver said that. Just said one of his claims was wrong. And plus, I think I'm allowed to think higher of my self than kei on this issue since it's a Hasbro related issue and I'm the best and probably most knowledgeable Hasbro blader. Plus, kei was the only one really arguing it, and you had people like wombat who was also against it. And it's also the same thing with another issue, I know (at least to me) a top player is very wrong about an issue, but just because they're good and have an opinion doesn't make it right.
(Oct. 18, 2019  8:49 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  7:28 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Imagine having such a high-and-mighty opinion of yourself that even the word of the #1 blader on the WBO means nothing to you.
Nerver said that. Just said one of his claims was wrong. And plus, I think I'm allowed to think higher of my self than kei on this issue since it's a Hasbro related issue and I'm the best and probably most knowledgeable Hasbro blader. Plus, kei was the only one really arguing it, and you had people like wombat who was also against it. And it's also the same thing with another issue, I know (at least to me) a top player is very wrong about an issue, but just because they're good and have an opinion doesn't make it right.

Wow, you sure know how to be humble.
Don't put anyone, ANYONE, on a pedestal. They will disappoint you. Their win records don't matter. Sometimes people who are experienced have skewed views and goals. And sometimes people who focus on parts of a specific brand have their own goals and biases.

Just because a part is strong and has been for several release generations doesn't mean it's too strong. You cannot spam B3 on Bearing in a standard tournament and make it to finals. Perhaps a year ago, but not now.
(Oct. 18, 2019  9:59 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Don't put anyone, ANYONE, on a pedestal. They will disappoint you. Their win records don't matter. Sometimes people who are experienced have skewed views and goals. And sometimes people who focus on parts of a specific brand have their own goals and biases.

Just because a part is strong and has been for several release generations doesn't mean it's too strong. You cannot spam B3 on Bearing in a standard tournament and make it to finals. Perhaps a year ago, but not now.
Yeah, and even as a Hasbro player, I could and still can counter B3 as even in a Hasbro only meta, it has counters. And even back then, with all the hS spam, it kinda countered the B3 spam.

(Oct. 18, 2019  9:53 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  8:49 PM)bladekid Wrote: Nerver said that. Just said one of his claims was wrong. And plus, I think I'm allowed to think higher of my self than kei on this issue since it's a Hasbro related issue and I'm the best and probably most knowledgeable Hasbro blader. Plus, kei was the only one really arguing it, and you had people like wombat who was also against it. And it's also the same thing with another issue, I know (at least to me) a top player is very wrong about an issue, but just because they're good and have an opinion doesn't make it right.

Yeah, and kei should be more humble for the rankings just stating the fact that he is the best blader. Its not bragging or whatever if it's true and integral to my point.
(Oct. 18, 2019  9:53 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  8:49 PM)bladekid Wrote: Nerver said that. Just said one of his claims was wrong. And plus, I think I'm allowed to think higher of my self than kei on this issue since it's a Hasbro related issue and I'm the best and probably most knowledgeable Hasbro blader. Plus, kei was the only one really arguing it, and you had people like wombat who was also against it. And it's also the same thing with another issue, I know (at least to me) a top player is very wrong about an issue, but just because they're good and have an opinion doesn't make it right.

Why do you hate B3 so much? It's use is practically becoming outdated here. And you're no longer arguing against B3, you're just arguing with other people now over how bumble they are?
(Oct. 18, 2019  11:43 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  9:53 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Wow, you sure know how to be humble.

Why do you hate B3 so much? It's use is practically becoming outdated here. And you're no longer arguing against B3, you're just arguing with other people now over how humble they are?
Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.
Ight everyone needs to chill. Lol??
Did anyone test Hercules H4 against Balkesh? I am pretty sure he beats him.
(Oct. 24, 2019  12:25 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Did anyone test Hercules H4 against Balkesh? I am pretty sure he beats him. Out of my 10 Turbo Beys he won every duell in a best of 2 battle ring mode.

I you are testing stock combos then Hercules H4 will be more likely to win bc Eternal will win Against Atomic in opposite spin. But H4 has no chance of Winning Against Balkesh if it was on Bearing
In my opinion, Dm-S is good enough on 00W that almost anything right spin with this setup will OS B3 on 00W Br or any other LAD heavy combo.

EDIT: Just tested this matchup. Lots of ties. Slight edge goes to gK3 00W Dm-S tho.
(Oct. 24, 2019  12:28 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  12:25 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Did anyone test Hercules H4 against Balkesh? I am pretty sure he beats him. Out of my 10 Turbo Beys he won every duell in a best of 2 battle ring mode.

I you are testing stock combos then Hercules H4 will be more likely to win bc Eternal will win Against Atomic in opposite spin. But H4 has no chance of Winning Against Balkesh if it was on Bearing
What stops you from using Hercules on Bearing?
(Oct. 24, 2019  12:28 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:

Ardmore bladers: finds out that Dm-S can beat Br is opposite spin

Kei wants to know your location

(Oct. 24, 2019  8:29 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: In my opinion, Dm-S is good enough on 00W that almost anything right spin with this setup will OS B3 on 00W Br or any other LAD heavy combo.

EDIT: Just tested this matchup. Lots of ties. Slight edge goes to gK3 00W Dm-S tho.
It's just cool that Dm-S is not only equal to Br in Opp spin, but can beat it. Not to mention, if you get the mode right on Dm-S, you can get it to not fall over on 00E, so you don't have the downside of the W or L frame. Plus you can't go wrong with a tall staller. But yeah, I made this combo for limited and it is super safe and can beat pretty much anything in limited. It's N3.00E.Dm-s
(Oct. 25, 2019  1:09 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  12:28 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: I you are testing stock combos then Hercules H4 will be more likely to win bc Eternal will win Against Atomic in opposite spin. But H4 has no chance of Winning Against Balkesh if it was on Bearing
Ardmore bladers: finds out that Dm-S can beat Br is opposite spin

(Oct. 24, 2019  8:29 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: In my opinion, Dm-S is good enough on 00W that almost anything right spin with this setup will OS B3 on 00W Br or any other LAD heavy combo.

It's just cool that Dm-S is not only equal to Br in Opp spin, but can beat it. Not to mention, if you get the mode right on Dm-S, you can get it to not fall over on 00E, so you don't have the downside of the W or L frame. Plus you can't go wrong with a tall staller. But yeah, I made this combo for limited and it is super safe and can beat pretty much anything in limited. It's N3.00E.Dm-s
Yeah man, Dm-S is probably one of my favorite drivers currently! I'll test that gK3 00E Dm-S vs B3 00W Br when I get home.
(Oct. 25, 2019  1:17 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  1:09 AM)bladekid Wrote: Ardmore bladers: finds out that Dm-S can beat Br is opposite spin

Yeah man, Dm-S is probably one of my favorite drivers currently! I'll test that gK3 00E Dm-S vs B3 00W Br when I get home.
Yeah, and with N3 combo in limited, it can OS anything that's not like dC and maybe gK. It can burst dC and gK. It can stall out stationary attack combos. It can KO some attack beys at the ledge. It can defend against some weaker attack beys. And finally, it can beat pretty much everything in opposite spin. Can't wait to use this beast in limited.
bladekid, this morning, I actually found a better mode for Dm-S, which can OS B3 00W Br somewhat consistently; I'll test this matchup more fully after school.
(Oct. 25, 2019  5:06 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: bladekid, this morning, I actually found a better mode for Dm-S, which can OS B3 00W Br somewhat consistently; I'll test this matchup more fully after school.
Yup lol, that's about accurate. In some circumstances, you can even get 00E.Dm-s to beat and tie with 00W.Br
Can someone explain to me how Dm-S is so good? I can't find any articles telling me how it works.
(Oct. 26, 2019  4:59 PM)Armor Wrote: Can someone explain to me how Dm-S is so good? I can't find any articles telling me how it works.

It has quite a lot of LAD, enough to counter bearing, or at least tie (this is in lowest height balanced mode). I use Hercules (probably will replace the layer with Turbo Spryzen's later) 0E Dm-S, and it can tie or beat Balkesh 0L Br. Also, the mode change to attack mode is useful to Tornado Stall any opponent.
My pP00CXt+ oS my friend’s B3, literally everytime we have battled
(PS - We have just battles around 12-15 times)

Though there were a couple of draws
I can burst B3 with my left spin Lord combo. I did it in a local tournament that I held. It slowly but surely removed B3 off of Bearing..