Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

(Jul. 23, 2021  9:47 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2021  9:40 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:

Yeh I like it. My favourite is kaminari.

You should go with Todoroki JK

He was my favourite but then I changed my mind. Yeh he's popular but I fangirl over kaminari 😁
Just finished reading Tokyo Ghoul. Speechless. Easiest 10/10 of my life. It's an absolute masterpiece. I'm gonna read the sequel now.
Can anyone tell m where can I watch beywarriors cyborg
A new year means a new resolution. In 2022 I’ve decided to start five animes and finish all of them. Any recommendations for what I should start? Nothing that I’ve seen at least one episode of counts. Here’s my MyAnimeList so you know what I’ve seen at least one episode of: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RobIsUnoriginal

Anything on my plan to watch list can count except for movies, as that would be cheesing the challenge essentially.
Finished season one of demon slayer in like 2 days and caught up to season 2 and waiting for the new episode that releases tomorrow at 11 am

And also speed ran Jojo stone ocean. Still reading the manga
Starting to read Tokyo Avengers Manga...
my friend said to binge aot before the s4 pt 2, i started friday and im done just in time lol
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:18 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: my friend said to binge aot before the s4 pt 2, i started friday and im done just in time lol

Even if you spend the whole day, doing nothing but watching anime, you can watch at most do 72-76 episodes. Did you spend 3/4 of two days watching anime? lol
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:25 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:18 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: my friend said to binge aot before the s4 pt 2, i started friday and im done just in time lol

Even if you spend the whole day, doing nothing but watching anime, you can watch at most do 72-76 episodes. Did you spend 3/4 of two days watching anime? lol

there are 75 eps as of now(didn't watch OVAs). I skipped two, so i watched 73 eps. I watched around 4 hrs, ate lunch and chilled with my siblings, then went back and binged for 8 hrs on saturday, and watched 2hrs on friday, so thats 14 hrs. plus, I skipped through maybe 5-10 minutes per episode, so assuming i skipped 7.5 mins an eps, thats about 9hrs and 6 mins i shaved off. so yea i did it Smile
(Jan. 09, 2022  7:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:25 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Even if you spend the whole day, doing nothing but watching anime, you can watch at most do 72-76 episodes. Did you spend 3/4 of two days watching anime? lol

there are 75 eps as of now(didn't watch OVAs). I skipped two, so i watched 73 eps. I watched around 4 hrs, ate lunch and chilled with my siblings, then went back and binged for 8 hrs on saturday, and watched 2hrs on friday, so thats 14 hrs. plus, I skipped through maybe 5-10 minutes per episode, so assuming i skipped 7.5 mins an eps, thats about 9hrs and 6 mins i shaved off. so yea i did it Smile

Did u watch tokyo avengers?
I can't wait for s2 of tokyo revengers, I really want to see the christmas conflict animated. I also want to see more of chifuyu.
I actually just finished watching Tokyo Revengers yesterday, and I gotta say, it's a very underrated show. I'm excited to see what the second season has to offer, especially with the cliffhanger season 1 ended with.
(Jan. 09, 2022  10:21 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I actually just finished watching Tokyo Revengers yesterday, and I gotta say, it's a very underrated show. I'm excited to see what the second season has to offer, especially with the cliffhanger season 1 ended with.

Some animes are not popular but they're actually really good. They're just shadowed out by other animes.
(Jan. 09, 2022  10:46 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  10:21 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I actually just finished watching Tokyo Revengers yesterday, and I gotta say, it's a very underrated show. I'm excited to see what the second season has to offer, especially with the cliffhanger season 1 ended with.

Some animes are not popular but they're actually really good. They're just shadowed out by other animes.

One of these Animies is definitely My Hero Academia. All of my friends and lots of people trash on this Anime and I've only watched the First Couple episodes but it is really good so far. If you're a Superhero fan or just a Fan of SuperPowers it's definitely a Good Anime for you since it shows a World where Superheroes and Villains are actually normal and a very low amount of people are actually just regular people such as the Main Character, Deku. But before I get to distracted this is definitely true. Some Animes and just shows, in General, can be really good but outshined by Newer or "Better" Stuff.
(Jan. 10, 2022  12:05 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  10:46 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: Some animes are not popular but they're actually really good. They're just shadowed out by other animes.

One of these Animies is definitely My Hero Academia. All of my friends and lots of people trash on this Anime and I've only watched the First Couple episodes but it is really good so far. If you're a Superhero fan or just a Fan of SuperPowers it's definitely a Good Anime for you since it shows a World where Superheroes and Villains are actually normal and a very low amount of people are actually just regular people such as the Main Character, Deku. But before I get to distracted this is definitely true. Some Animes and just shows, in General, can be really good but outshined by Newer or "Better" Stuff.

That's just people's opinions. But truly speaking, My hero academia is popular in the anime world. Animes like Fire Force, Blue Exorcist, Yona of the Dawn, etc are underrated.
I think blue exorcist was more popular at it's time, been quite a few years since it was released.
Yona of the dawn manga is ongoing but I wish they'd animate it but it depends on the popularity I guess.
(Jan. 10, 2022  12:49 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I think blue exorcist was more popular at it's time, been quite a few years since it was released.
Yona of the dawn manga is ongoing but I wish they'd animate it but it depends on the popularity I guess.

MHA is so popular that the shounen manga Viz almost made it one of the three great animes of this generation
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:01 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2022  12:49 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I think blue exorcist was more popular at it's time, been quite a few years since it was released.

MHA is so popular that the shounen manga Viz almost made it one of the three great animes of this generation

As great as MHA is, I'm not really hooked on it. I hope the manga is near to completion soon.
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:05 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:01 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: MHA is so popular that the shounen manga Viz almost made it one of the three great animes of this generation

As great as MHA is, I'm not really hooked on it. I hope the manga is near to completion soon.

MHA's not my fav either. I don't really like the quirk stuff
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:16 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:05 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: As great as MHA is, I'm not really hooked on it. I hope the manga is near to completion soon.

MHA's not my fav either. I don't really like the quirk stuff
 Not the quirks for me, I just found some arcs boring and I'd skip them.
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:21 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2022  1:16 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: MHA's not my fav either. I don't really like the quirk stuff
 Not the quirks for me, I just found some arcs boring and I'd skip them.

I got less interested in the plot, midoriya got boring
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:48 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  7:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: there are 75 eps as of now(didn't watch OVAs). I skipped two, so i watched 73 eps. I watched around 4 hrs, ate lunch and chilled with my siblings, then went back and binged for 8 hrs on saturday, and watched 2hrs on friday, so thats 14 hrs. plus, I skipped through maybe 5-10 minutes per episode, so assuming i skipped 7.5 mins an eps, thats about 9hrs and 6 mins i shaved off. so yea i did it Smile

Did u watch tokyo avengers?

nah. i saw sum clips and the animation seemed pretty bad. I've seen most mainstream anime tho

(Jan. 10, 2022  12:05 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  10:46 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Some animes are not popular but they're actually really good. They're just shadowed out by other animes.

MHA is very popular, it was like #6-#7 on crunchyroll while s5 was airing. I, like a lot of other people, just absolutely hate it. The quirks are really the only interesting part. I despise or don't care for almost every character but Kirishima, and Denki, and they're rly just average and overused tropes, but they shine in a cast of annoying and uninteresting characters. Deku is a crybaby, he whines over everything. an mc that cries a lot is fine, but this man cries like every episode. bakugo is the crazy bully vegeta deuteragonist, and todoroki is the emo dark past sasuke deuteragonist. All might is a kakashi clone(seems weak but is actually busted but has an hindrance that prevents him from using his full power a.k.a All41 wound and missing mangekyo, and always swoops in to save the day when mc is about to lose). the guy with the jet feet is Rayleigh. like nothing is original in this show but the quirks. but this show would be tolerable if not for the terrible, garbage, fandom. everyone knows about the MHA fandom, I rly don't think i need to comment here. I can see why people like this show, it has great animation, interesting abilites, and a formula that works. but every single character, plot point, etc has already been used. It's not even funny how every single character is a clone of another ANIME character. not even pop culture character, anime character. i can see why people like it, but it is in no way underrated. even if it was really really good, like big three level, it would still be way too overrated and overhyped.
I think MHA gets a bit too much hate. Is it overrated? Yeah, especially the anime. I was really loving it from seasons 1-3, though 4 is where it began to, at least for me, drop off, and season 5 was the weakest season so far, anime wise. I think the manga definitely does a better job at handling the story, and from the joint training arc onwards I’ve read the manga. I do think MHA has its low points, but in more recent times, especially the war arc in the manga, it’s got some great moments in the manga.

I have to agree that the fandom is cancerous though. The stuff going on in there is not something I ever wanna see again. I respect if you don’t like MHA, though I do want to ask how reusing tropes and character types is a bad thing. I also don’t think it’s fair to judge an anime based off its fandom. That doesn’t make a show inherently bad, and it’s dumb to judge an anime based off a completely separate thing.

Also not to say that Deku isn’t a crybaby but if you ever watch Tokyo Revengers The Blacknight you’ll wish Deku was the main character instead of Takemitchi lol.
(Jan. 10, 2022  5:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I think MHA gets a bit too much hate. Is it overrated? Yeah, especially the anime. I was really loving it from seasons 1-3, though 4 is where it began to, at least for me, drop off, and season 5 was the weakest season so far, anime wise. I think the manga definitely does a better job at handling the story, and from the joint training arc onwards I’ve read the manga. I do think MHA has its low points, but in more recent times, especially the war arc in the manga, it’s got some great moments in the manga.

I have to agree that the fandom is cancerous though. The stuff going on in there is not something I ever wanna see again. I respect if you don’t like MHA, though I do want to ask how reusing tropes and character types is a bad thing.  I also don’t think it’s fair to judge an anime based off its fandom. That doesn’t make a show inherently bad, and it’s dumb to judge an anime based off a completely separate thing.

Also not to say that Deku isn’t a crybaby but if you ever watch Tokyo Revengers The Blacknight you’ll wish Deku was the main character instead of Takemitchi lol.

Takemichi's a wimp, but the way he progresses throughout the story (get into the manga for more details) is quite amazing, honestly. Not to mention that this dude is a TANK, even though he doesn't show it.
(Jan. 10, 2022  5:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I think MHA gets a bit too much hate. Is it overrated? Yeah, especially the anime. I was really loving it from seasons 1-3, though 4 is where it began to, at least for me, drop off, and season 5 was the weakest season so far, anime wise. I think the manga definitely does a better job at handling the story, and from the joint training arc onwards I’ve read the manga. I do think MHA has its low points, but in more recent times, especially the war arc in the manga, it’s got some great moments in the manga.

I have to agree that the fandom is cancerous though. The stuff going on in there is not something I ever wanna see again. I respect if you don’t like MHA, though I do want to ask how reusing tropes and character types is a bad thing.  I also don’t think it’s fair to judge an anime based off its fandom. That doesn’t make a show inherently bad, and it’s dumb to judge an anime based off a completely separate thing.

I know you can't really judge an anime based off it's fandom, but it's really pushes people like me away. sort of like how people wont watch anime in general, not because of the stories and animation, but because of the small percentage of weird and crazy people associated with it. Also yes, reusing tropes and stuff works, but that doesnt make it good. Black Clover did it, and I don't really like it. JJK did it, and i still stand by the fact that It was hard carried by the animation, and even that great animation is far and few between, and why watch that when you can watch great animation with interesting characters like AOT, JJBA, Bleach, Naruto, etc.