Adults and beyblades

I’m an adult (32) and I have friends my age who play burst. It’s a great game.

Btw, I found a bar in northern New Jersey that will host Beyblade tournaments.
Honestly Ive started collecting so many things, and thats why I have taken a hiatus from Beyblade. Plus ya know, jobs and schol and stuff. I still love it and I will probably never stop buying them but Im at that point where Im buying action figures, funko pops, lego sets, transformers, beyblade s and there is just no time in the day XD. I thik it may be time i hopped back on the train though. Maybe soon
(Sep. 16, 2019  5:21 AM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Honestly Ive started collecting so many things, and thats why I have taken a hiatus from Beyblade.  Plus ya know, jobs and schol and stuff.  I still love it and I will probably never stop buying them but Im at that point where Im buying action figures, funko pops, lego sets, transformers, beyblade s and there is just no time in the day XD.  I thik it may be time i hopped back on the train though.  Maybe soon

you should get back into it. There’s a new big set coming out. Lots of great parts. I’m happy to be in. 
It's totally fine .I am 27 and I still collect Beyblade, B-daman, Pokemon Cards etc. Beyblading is a hobby that anyone can enjoy, regardless of age, gender and occupation.
Anyway, I guess most people who start beyblading since the plastic generation should probably be around my age by now lol
(Oct. 08, 2019  4:03 PM)TempuraMaki Wrote: It's totally fine .I am 27 and I still collect Beyblade, B-daman, Pokemon Cards etc. Beyblading is a hobby that anyone can enjoy, regardless of age, gender and occupation.
Anyway, I guess most people who start beyblading since the plastic generation should probably be around my age by now lol

I'd agree to that as well, especially with reference to the age lol. I started Plastic Gen then stopped due to resurgence of Tamiya 4WD, Crush Gear, B-Daman, etc. When I was able to finally settle to Gunpla, Burst suddenly piqued my interest (thanks, Storm Spriggan) back to Blading, and now here I am, a 26-year old soon-to-be father with lots of debt (half-joke) due to the hobbies
(Oct. 08, 2019  4:03 PM)TempuraMaki Wrote: It's totally fine .I am 27 and I still collect Beyblade, B-daman, Pokemon Cards etc. Beyblading is a hobby that anyone can enjoy, regardless of age, gender and occupation.

Same here, started with plastic gen and still have all of them. Now that i've just turned 30 it casually happened that i started to check if beyblade was still a thing, and once i discovered burst and all the new generations... how all of it kept going on evolving all these years... i was really fascinated and bought some burst bey, the arena, and started trying them by myself. Now i gotta try to convince some friends to join me (all people 25-30y.o.), because in my country beyblade is almost dead, or simply just labeled as children's toys (i've found here that there are actually just a bunch of bladers around the whole Italy , but still haven't found anyone in my area)
(Oct. 11, 2019  11:42 AM)Alydan Wrote:

Same here, started with plastic gen and still have all of them. Now that i've just turned 30 it casually happened that i started to check if beyblade was still a thing, and once i discovered burst and all the new generations... how all of it kept going on evolving all these years... i was really fascinated and bought some burst bey, the arena, and started trying them by myself. Now i gotta try to convince some friends to join me (all people 25-30y.o.), because in my country beyblade is almost dead, or simply just labeled as children's toys (i've found here that there are actually just a bunch of bladers around the whole Italy , but still haven't found anyone in my area)

Yeah, in my home country, Beyblade is almost dead as well, even among the kids. Most people in the toy collecting community don't even know that there are newer generations after the plastic gen. 

I just started collecting Beyblade again after I moved to Taiwan to study for my master degree. In Taipei, you can find Beyblade nearly everywhere, even in convenience stores. I am really surprised to see how the bey designs have evolved throughout all these years. Kudos to Takara Tomy Smile

(I also have to play alone. I mean, I don't think there will be any graduate student in my university who would still play with beyblade, no matter how popular the toy is among the kids here. Sure, I know some people who still collect Pokemon cards and action figures. But no one has interest in Beyblade.)
I'm an old man (36 years old) and my 5-year-old son loves beyblade. I have to admit, I'm getting into it too! We went to a tournament a couple weeks ago and it was a lot of fun. However, I would humbly suggest introducing a simple age division at tournaments, something like a 10 and under division and a 11 and over division. I my son's first tournament he played against a fully grown man, and a teenager. It felt slightly unfair. I think it would feel more fair and more competitive for all involved to add an age division. Any thoughts?
Unfair? A 4 year old can beat a 35 year old in this game if they're more practiced or have better parts. I've seen it happen firsthand. What magic can I enact on a spinning top to make my 36 year old self spin the top better than a 4 year old using the same or equivalent parts? I see 6 year olds using top tier parts all the time, because they understand Beyblade well.

Do you know why Hasbro Beyblade tournaments in the US didn't last, aside from lacking vendor support? Age restrictions. Participants could be 8-13, and that's it. Your son couldn't play, and neither could you.

WBO is entirely volunteer run. No one's pulling down a paycheck to do this. No one's compensating us for the time or cost of running a tournament. Back when WBO still had tournament fees, all that money went to prize budget and website maintenance.

The only thing is organizers have, and we tend to range in age from late teens to early 20s and older, is the ability to participate in a game we love. If we break down by age groups, the 11 and older group would have Very few participants, not enough for a tournament. And we're not going to run tournaments we can't participate in. So we'd only run tournaments for the 11+ age group, and your son wouldn't be able to play.

Your son didn't win in his first tournament. That's normal. If he'd like to win, he can learn more about what parts and launches work best in which situations. We're not going to make the tournament easier for him by eliminating a lot of the older players.

If you still want age restricted tournaments, start thinking about where you're going to come up with the money to pay a staff of dedicated adults to run tournaments for your young child.
Yo I'm 31 and just started playing a couple weeks ago because of my nephew. I played and still play a lil MTG here and there but for right now I'm on this beyblade kick. I can't wait to start playing and organizing tourneys in my community. Also I believe we should always keep the kid inside of us aware that there is no age limit on fun. ?
I am 29 start playing beyblade and did went to tourment and have fun in the end. Do not matter how old you are there are people who is old than me, and still contunie playing this game.
This thread was a little old, glad someone brought it back though.

31 years old, and a military vet. Still love beyblade. It's great to see that I'm not alone in the 30's category, lol.

Got my start back in the early plastic gen, and played for a few years. Recently, my girlfriends 8 year old son got me back into the game, and I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to my first tournament (since like 2001) next month. =)
47 here. My sons had some Hasbro beys and I joined them to spend time. We didn't even have a stadium, we just tried to shoot them toward each other on the floor and outlast. Still had fun. Did research leading up to Christmas, found TT, WBO and ever-wish, the rest is history. We probably have 3/4 of the GT releases now and held an invite tourney for my sons and their friends.

FWIW, I feel the way Hasbro has watered-down the product and marketed to kids in NA, that adults at a casual glance would not consider beyblades as a 'game' they could enjoy. It looks and feels like a toy. On the other hand, the attention to detail TT show in balancing highly customizable parts and backing up events at retailers makes it feel like a competitive scene. I'd have no qualms about showing up with my boys and my own beys to a tournament by WBO (I wish there were some near by).
(Feb. 22, 2020  1:26 PM)Crashmk1 Wrote: This thread was a little old, glad someone brought it back though.

31 years old, and a military vet. Still love beyblade. It's great to see that I'm not alone in the 30's category, lol.

Got my start back in the early plastic gen, and played for a few years. Recently, my girlfriends 8 year old son got me back into the game, and I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to my first tournament (since like 2001) next month. =)

Im 31 also and my son got me into beyblades. It's a lot of fun and great to connect with some of our childhood memories and to learn from and with our kids. I plan to attend/compete in a tournament soon but it all depends. I also wanted to see if your prior Navy or Coast Guard? Hope the question isnt breaking forum rules or too intrusive. I saw the MK1 tag, Im a coastie and I play with beys with some of the guys I work with. If I'm able to host a tournament I know a few guys I work with that will join who are older too.
Great to see adults still playing and enjoying the game with family and others.
(Feb. 23, 2020  4:32 PM)StayCool Wrote: Im 31 also and my son got me into beyblades. It's a lot of fun and great to connect with some of our childhood memories and to learn from and with our kids. I plan to attend/compete in a tournament soon but it all depends. I also wanted to see if your prior Navy or Coast Guard? Hope the question isnt breaking forum rules or too intrusive. I saw the MK1 tag, Im a coastie and I play with beys with some of the guys I work with. If I'm able to host a tournament I know a few guys I work with that will join who are older too.
Great to see adults still playing and enjoying the game with family and others.

Great to meet another fellow service member! I was Navy myself, 2010-2014. I was so worried about being out of place as an adult playing this game. 

My only regret is not getting back into it earlier. There's so much to catch up on since plastic gen. Thanks to a number of kind folks that I've met around here, and on the discord servers, I've at least got some study material so that I can start recognizing certain parts and what their uses are.
Crashmk1 yeah I didn’t play when I was younger but I was into Pokémon and Yugioh and even that has changed so much from my younger days so I can understand.

Thankfully you have a great community around you to help you get back into beyblades. Even though we’re getting older it’s always good to stay young at heart. Hope you do well at the upcoming tournaments
my 64 year old mum loves beyblade to so yes any one can play
I'm 32 and threw a party where we all drank and beybladed. Everyone had a good time even the peope who never bladed.

We will be doing this again.
Me and my friends are all in our mid-late 20s and we only just recently got back into beyblade with the burst system, and despite growing older I still have a lot of fun playing beyblade, as if i went back to high school all over again Grin
I'm 34 years old and I JUST discovered Beyblade as a hobby. My wife finds it pure comedy.

The reality is that as long as you're cool and treat everyone with respect, regardless of age, you can like and actively engage in almost any hobby. If you like it and can keep your cool when a little kid beats the snot out of you.....(*stares off into the distance*)........then you can keep having fun with it.

Also, Beyblade makes great party games! It can evolve with your life with a little creativity.
i think we definitely need a beyblade tournament for the older bladers? i think it would be fun
(Feb. 26, 2020  10:06 AM)bladerking00 Wrote: i think we definitely need a beyblade tournament for the older bladers? i think it would be fun

Not really. The WBO has no age limit or requirement. A lot of older bladers already play in WBO tournaments, so we do not really need a tournament for the older bladers.
(Mar. 23, 2016  5:54 AM)Cat Wrote: I'm in my early 30's.  I'm the old lady here.  

Gotta go sit in bed with all my cats and watch Murder, She Wrote now...

Heck yes! 33 here and im absolutely obsessed

(Feb. 26, 2020  1:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2020  10:06 AM)bladerking00 Wrote: i think we definitely need a beyblade tournament for the older bladers? i think it would be fun

Not really. The WBO has no age limit or requirement. A lot of older bladers already play in WBO tournaments, so we do not really need a tournament for the older bladers.

I sorta feel otherwise. I dont think it would be wrong to hold 18+ divisions if there was enough support. I feel like the older you get, the reasons for enjoyment change. Plus i think being able to battle peers of your age exclusively may make it a bit more competitive mentally and emotionally.
I also have been pondering this. I've seen 7 year olds get their beys destroyed by guys older than me. I personally think that the WBO should have age divisions for the young ones. I've seen Pokemon do this and it works really well!