A defence blade

AR: War Lion OR War Monkey
WD: Wide Defense
BB: Metal Ball Defenser base (Forgot what it's called) w/ four metal balls

Please give feedback. Thank you!
Scrap the idea of War Monkey.
This is another common combo so there's not much to say again.
(Sep. 11, 2008  9:13 PM)G Wrote: Scrap the idea of War Monkey.
This is another common combo so there's not much to say again.

War Monkey is not useless for this combination. It gives it more defense.
Metal Ball Defenser doesn't have an SG ...
Yea it does not have a SG it has a screw in.
I was thinking Draciel S the whole time, my bad.

But if he uses War Lion, wouldn't that be the more suitable choice compared to War Monkey despite its synergy with the Wide Survivor?
I edited out the SG part. Sorry about that.
Works better with Ten Heavy IMO.
Hmm... makes sense. More weight. Thanks Brad! Smile
Well it's not so much the weight ... using Ten Heavy simply centralizes the weight. I also prefer using two metal balls for the momentum vs. the four for weight. War Lion/Ten Heavy/Metal Ball Base is a very common combo.
Oh... I'm gonna have to try and find a more original defence combo now Unhappy LOL
Although the metal ball defenser base has good endurance, I don't think it is the best choice for optimum defense.

While the metal ball defenser base is excellent for "compact" combos, the base of Draciel S is better for use in a defense customization. I prefer it for defense because it is heavier than draciel mbd's base, it has a metal round tip, and it is compatible with the mg series spin gears.

I suggest that you use this combo:

AR: driger S (war monkey or war lion AR would also work well)
WD: wide defense (on taller bases like draciel S's, I find that heavy weight disks produce too much wobbling. In this custom, the extra weight in the base will compensate for the rather light wide defense.)
SG: right mg with hmc core
Base: draciel S (4 balls)
Thanks bladehoarder Smile
This combination is definitely one of those midways...

I think it serves as a compact combination with slightly more Defense to fight against slightly aggressive Beyblades.

Also I don't understand how adding two more metal balls would decrease the momentum.
I think if your looking for a defensive blade go for the war monkey ar , a 10 heavy for the xtra weight ( crucial for defense combos ) , HMC and draciel s W/4 balls . I have never tried this combo but i think war monkey will give it the xtra defence. And i do not know how adding 2 more balls will decrease the momentum of the blade , it will just give it a little bit more weight ...
if i get this wrong, im gonna be embarassed. XD

The momentum of the blade would be angular, so the calculation would be the linear momentum multiplied by the radius of the moving body.

The linear momentum is the product of the velocity and mass of the body. In this case, adding the 4 balls would fairly significantly increase the mass.

Working backwards from the hypothesised answer that the angular momentum would decrease with the addition of the extra balls, (keeping in mind that the radius remains constant at all times) then the beyblade would have a much decreased velocity with the addition of the metal balls.

Sorry if that is difficult to understand. Basically,

angular momentum = mass x radius x velocity
mass increases with the balls, radius remains constant.
In order for the momentum to decrease as hypothesized, the velocity must decrease greatly with the additional balls.

i don't know for certain whether this is true in reality, i cant really measure the velocity changes of a
beyblade accurately, and i'm not sure that the velocity would actually decrease with the 2 extra balls.

i hope what i said wasn't completely scientifically false. that would suck.
Ok ..... I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THAT! All i can say is at the end of the day theres 4 balls on the base fairly near the edge , this should make it better than other bases depending on what type of blade your going for , i see it as the more weight there is on a blade , the longer it will spin for and the more defensive it will be . And if it did decrease the momentom it wudnt be that bigger difference ...
(Oct. 05, 2008  5:25 PM)marshall17 Wrote: the more weight there is on a blade , the longer it will spin for

Not necessarily. Compacts can be outspun by survival types, even though compacts are usually heavier.
(Oct. 05, 2008  5:25 PM)marshall17 Wrote: Ok ..... I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THAT! All i can say is at the end of the day theres 4 balls on the base fairly near the edge , this should make it better than other bases depending on what type of blade your going for , i see it as the more weight there is on a blade , the longer it will spin for and the more defensive it will be . And if it did decrease the momentom it wudnt be that bigger difference ...

I'm not entirely sure, but the way I see it is that four ball bearings would distribute the weight in an almost completely equal fashion, where as only two of them on either side would make both HALVES symmetrical.

As the blade starts to come to an end, it struggles for more spins. A base that has the weight placed evenly around its sides might act as a normal blade would, thus defeating the overall purpose of the ball bearings.

One with only two metal balls on its left and right sides would tilt back-and-forth, in a teetering motion, enhancing its centrifugal force. The bearings would continually toss their weight from side to side, allowing the blade to maintain its motion for much longer.

I could be wrong, it's just that I've personally had MUCH better experience with two bearings as opposed to four.
That explanation makes a lot of sense. When I had my Dracel S (about 7-8 years ago) I noticed that it teetered as well, but was to young to realise why it did so.
i was just think of a ten heavy with a wolborg 2 core and a master draciel top
(Oct. 24, 2008  1:24 AM)Max_Jordan Wrote: i was just think of a ten heavy with a wolborg 2 core and a master draciel top

Um, what?
(Oct. 24, 2008  1:24 AM)Max_Jordan Wrote: i was just think of a ten heavy with a wolborg 2 core and a master draciel top
im pretty sure tht beyblade wooldnt have any balance Confused
(Oct. 05, 2008  4:35 PM)Gryffyn Wrote: if i get this wrong, im gonna be embarassed. XD

The momentum of the blade would be angular, so the calculation would be the linear momentum multiplied by the radius of the moving body.

The linear momentum is the product of the velocity and mass of the body. In this case, adding the 4 balls would fairly significantly increase the mass.

Working backwards from the hypothesised answer that the angular momentum would decrease with the addition of the extra balls, (keeping in mind that the radius remains constant at all times) then the beyblade would have a much decreased velocity with the addition of the metal balls.

In order for the momentum to decrease as hypothesized, the velocity must decrease greatly with the additional balls.

i don't know for certain whether this is true in reality, i cant really measure the velocity changes of a
beyblade accurately, and i'm not sure that the velocity would actually decrease with the 2 extra balls.

Well, when considering the momentum you cannot just take the whole mass into account as we don't have homogenius mass in our hands. When making such calculations on an issue you should consider the different weight distribution of the Beyblade(Taking lots of integrals for sure) and aside from that you should cause the centripetal force caused by the balls and the precession occuring with the Beyblade where balls move away from the center and due to instantaneous change in moments of inertia of the Beyblade, those balls cause an increase in the angular momentum of the blade, however, when you add those extra balls you make the weight distribution steadier that the Beyblade will not be able to change its weight distribution that it will not have that increase in its angular momentum, besides, you cannot actually talk about the symmetry of a Beyblade unless it has a flat tip and moves on a flat surface whereas as the slope of a stadium causes precession and the same goes with the tip issue as a Beyblade with non-flat tip will always have precession even if it spins with really high angular velocities.

Overall, adding balls to that base will decrease Beyblade's total momentum.
(Oct. 05, 2008  4:35 PM)Gryffyn Wrote: if i get this wrong, im gonna be embarassed. XD

Mmm angular momentum isn't just the radius multiplied to the mass, you have to consider the integral of every point on it with its radius. But it doesn't really matter in this case since you're just talking about comparing it relatively.

Now, by increasing the mass, generally you increase it's angular moment of inertia. What changes here is basically

1) It becomes harder to spin it: So if you're launching at the same force, you'll be launching it at a lower speed. But I would think that most players would probably subconsciously pull harder to compensate.
2) It becomes harder to stop: So later in the battle, it'll maintain a slightly higher speed than the opponent.