7/18/14 (Berlin, CT) Transform and Roller (Defenser) Out (Tournament 2)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Ready for CT's second Plastics/HMS Day event?

We know Grimlock is.

I'll be cohosting this with The Supreme One, once again. It should be very awesome, not only considering the (badly) awesome pun in the title, but this:

Quote:
As can be done even during the rest of the year if there are no other prizes, the top three winners in these tournaments can choose one of the following exclusive Face Boosters:

If you’re part of the top 3 in one of the above events, tell the WBO Organizer what your choice of Face Booster among the list is so that the Committee can open it for you!

Additionally, these three Face Boosters are now available for all plastics and HMS tournaments throughout the year, even if there are prizes!!

Plastics and HMS are awesome on their own and are enough reason to enter a tournament (or 2!) during these celebrations in July, but extra incentive certainly never hurt anyone! The WBO brings you the traditional exclusive, limited BeyLotto! The only requirement in order to be entered for a chance to win a prize is to play in a tournament on HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day! Phew, no weird ritual to do to be accepted; school’s over, remember?
Name: Transform and Roller (Defenser) Out

Date: Friday, July 18, 2014

Venue: The Berlin Community Center - 234 Kensington Rd, Berlin, CT 06037

Format: Round Robin or Block Round Robin, depending on turnout, Zero-G, followed by Plastics

Prizes: TBA

Time: Registration: 9:00-9:25, Tournament: 9:30-12:00
Please show up between the times shown, anyone who shows up after 9:25 or after the first battle has been played, will not be allowed to enter in the tournament.

Confirmed:
Leone19
TheSupremeOne
Bullchamp520
Tyler19
Xtracorruption
Element Chris
BladerBlock
Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

Possible:
Naijalak
Haspro
Nickster670
Dr. Leo
Unregistered Member

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Will this be both plastics and HMS, by the way ?
Just plastics. Honestly, there's a chance I may only be able to participate in the Zero G myself, since I only have $10 on my Paypal & the system is pretty expensive, even on Ebay.
The reason we chose Plastics was I have more of those than HMS and have enough to lend out for a tournament, rather than HMS, where I only have two.
Good luck ! I love how you guys use movies as themes haha.

We know your not a bozo grimlock, we know.

EDIT: hmm I thought this one was tommorrow. Wrong tournament thread (naijalak's is tommorrow.) but whatever.
Hey guys, just thought I should get you all know that there's a slight possibility I won't be able to make the tournament on Friday. I'm having some issues getting a ride up to Berlin, despite giving my parents the heads up about a month ago. Currently working on getting a ride from someone else, since I don't want to leave Leone19 hanging; if I can make it, I'll most likely bring my sister and an older relative, both of whom would want to play.
(Jul. 15, 2014  3:17 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Hey guys, just thought I should get you all know that there's a slight possibility I won't be able to make the tournament on Friday. I'm having some issues getting a ride up to Berlin, despite giving my parents the heads up about a month ago. Currently working on getting a ride from someone else, since I don't want to leave Leone19 hanging; if I can make it, I'll most likely bring my sister and an older relative, both of whom would want to play.

Like I mentioned to her, if she's unable to attend, we'll probably be hosting at least once more this summer anyways, so it's no worry if it doesn't work out.

Again, prizes for this tournament would be the special Face Boosters from the Plastics HMS Day Weekend. As far as physical prizes, even though it's not the end of the series, I'll probably whip up a few posters or something for placers, just so they can walk away with something. If any participants would like to add things in to the prize pool, feel free.
Going to bump to remind everyone to show for registration from 9:00-9:25 and the tournament from 9:30-12:00.

Please show up between the times shown, anyone who shows up after 9:25 or after the first battle has been played, will not be allowed to enter in the tournament.

If you have any extra Plastics please bring them to share with those who don't have any.
Going to bump a final time to remind everyone to arrive on time and bring their Zero-G stadium, if they have one.

I can't wait to see everyone this morning, good luck to all.
Gl! I hope you guys have fun with those plastics Grin
Have fun!! I wonder who places?
Alright, the results are in!

In Zero G:
1st - Leone19
2nd - The Supreme One
3rd - ElementChris

In Plastics:
1st - Leone19
2nd - ElementChris
3rd - The Supreme One

Leone19 was the only one with Plastics & we had no idea how to use them, so we were just messing around. Pretty fun!

Combos will be posted momentarily.
We made 8 players and had a blast today; the first time we had an official plastics event. Combos will be posted soon! Grin
Ya'll had enough people?

Did Leone19 have any Plastics left after he gave them all out haha?
Wow, the same placers in both formats? That's awesome.

Can't wait to see combos Grin!
Congratulations to the winners! Did you have plenty of Plastics to pass around ?

Really happy this was a success. Joyful_3
(Jul. 18, 2014  4:27 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Ya'll had enough people?

Yeah, we pulled Leone19's mom & my mom in, & Xtracorruption, Bladerblock, & my sister were there in addition to the three of us.

We sort of swapped between the Plastics; I think he had about 10 of them & just enough launchers to have two matches going at once.
(Jul. 18, 2014  4:40 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  4:27 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Ya'll had enough people?

Yeah, we pulled Leone19's mom & my mom in, & Xtracorruption, Bladerblock, & my sister were there in addition to the three of us.

We sort of swapped between the Plastics; I think he had about 10 of them & just enough launchers to have two matches going at once.

Yeah, we had about 10 or so plastics and we pretty much changed them throughout the tournament. The most popular ones were probably Roller Defenser and Master Dragoon.
Glad you guys had 8! Always nice that parents are willing to join in when needed Smile