[7/13/2013] [Hartford, CT] Connecticon-clave (Zero-G and HMS!)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Connecticon-clave
Venue: Connecticon at the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford, CT
Date: Saturday, July 13, 2013
Time: 2pm - 6pm - Registration will be open from 2pm - 2:30pm
Format: Zero-G Format, Swiss and HMS, Round Robin
Fees: $5 entry for each format you wish to participate in. Free for Passport holders (You will also need to pay admission to the convention. A day pass is $40. Children under 6 are free, and children 7-12 are half price.)

[Image: CTConventionCenter.png]

If you are under 16, it is mandatory for a parent to stay with you at this event! I cannot stress this enough. You will not be allowed to play otherwise.

It's time for our 3rd CT tournament! This time we'll be holding to tournament at Connecticon, the largest multi-genre convention in the state.

This time we'll be running two tournaments in different formats. First off will be a Zero-G format, and for the first time ever we'll be running an HMS format tournament too!

We'll have plenty of open play to accompany the tournament.

This will be the first time we have swap table available at the tournament. Bring any Beys or spare parts that you're willing to trade and we'll set aside time during registration for people to trade their stuff!

If you're interested (this is completely optional), I'll be setting up an area to create CT Blader Profiles. We'll grab your mugshot, and a short description for use in future tournament marketing.

I'll have some CT Beyblade face bolt stickers to give out to those who attend. Here's what they look like!

I'll also have limited ConnectiCon face bolt stickers to attendees of this event only.

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the BeyMap! CT needs representation! Please don't put your full address. Just city/state.

Prizes for Zero-G

[Image: goldface.png]1st
BBG-07 Launcher Grip
BB-63 Black Grip Rubber
BB-58 Bey Launcher Suspension
BB-79 Takara Beyblade Metal Assist
BB-36 Silver Metal Face

[Image: silverface.png]2nd
BB-63 Black Grip Rubber
BB-36 Silver Metal Face

[Image: bronzeface.png]3rd
BB-36 Silver Metal Face

HMS Prizes
1st, 2nd, and 3rd:
Choice of:
Face Booster MAROON
Face Booster FLAXEN
Face Booster CELESTE

Additional Event Guidelines
  • No one under the age of 16 may judge a tournament battle. This is for liability reasons.
  • Tournament details may be changed/removed without notice.
  • By attending a CT Beyblade event, you grant us the right to take photos/video and use them for promotional materials. Special consideration will be given if brought to my attention ahead of time.
  • There is a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Any participant caught bullying another will be disqualified, and will be forced to forfeit the rest of their matches.

Confirmed:
Leone19
The Supreme One
akalajian
rkalajian
dmkalajian
BubloZX
hotrodalex
joyce
adama
didannl
BullChamp520
Andyi6
charleybey
raystar12

Unconfirmed:
LMAO
Haspro
shining god ms
EpicBlader321
FLASH SGTO

HMS Players
rkalajian
TheSupremeOne
BubloZX
Leone19
akalajian

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I think it would be a good idea for people who don't know anything about the WBO to be able to communicate beforehand, & it might attract more attention from people who don't have accounts here; not to mention we wouldn't have to use event threads to talk about things like this haha
We could use it for unofficial team events too, so we wouldn't have to PM. Anyway, the website is a great idea, & I like how it's coming along so far Smile
Edit: Just saw Kai-V's post above mine. I can definitely understand how that would be an issue
Kai-V: That was my train of thought.

Supreme One: Of course I just as easily follow this train of the thought Smile

I think I may need to find a good middle ground. The site's main goal is for new players who don't find our events through the WBO to learn more about what happens, and get directed here.

The site's second goal is for record keeping, and a single point of access for after-tournament info like pics, etc...
just to let everybody know i will be bringing be zero g stadium.
WTF The Connecticon entree fee is 40$ plus the 5$ for the tourney that is carp!
EDIT: My mistake. A Saturday day pass IS $40. That's pretty steep Smile

Don't worry. There will be other tournaments if you can't afford this one. The reason I chose to hold one at Connecticon was for the high foot traffic through the convention center, and the ability to really put on a good show for the public eye.
I got a full weekend pass for $50 a while back. It probably won't be as good a deal now, but I'd suggest getting the full 3 days to get the most of your money; it doesn't cost too much more.
Ill still be there but I really didnt wanna spend that much......hopefully it is worth it.
Guys so many new bladers in New England. Be SURE to apply for the Bey Blazers!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-Engl...ers?page=2
FYI - The Sunday pass is only $25 as opposed to $40 on Saturday. Any chance the tournament could be moved to Sunday? If kids under 16 have to be accompanied by an adult, that's $80 for a Saturday tourney.
(Jun. 02, 2013  9:08 PM)bbmom Wrote: FYI - The Sunday pass is only $25 as opposed to $40 on Saturday. Any chance the tournament could be moved to Sunday? If kids under 16 have to be accompanied by an adult, that's $80 for a Saturday tourney.

That's true. But the date is confirmed, I don't think it can be changed Tongue_out
I'd rather do it Sunday, but it looks like its solid. Uncertain
Yeah, there are a lot less events on Sunday too, so more people would be more likely to go to the tournament. Unfortunately I think Leone19 is right: the date can't be changed now that everything is finalized.
I'll just have to miss a few of the panels I was looking forward to on Saturday in order to be here :\
I will be leaving a little early though, so I get spots for a MLP panel at 6, so hopefully everything will be over by then.
Unfortunately I was working with the time slot Connection gave me, so I didn't have much say in the matter. Again, I will be hosting more tournaments, so don't feel like you have to shell out all that money just to attend. This tournament is more for those people who are already attending Connecticon.

I'll probably work on another tournament at the Masonic Lodge in Simsbury for September, then probably again in November.
Just looked, Nostalgia Critic panel is at 1-2, so I may be a little late. Please don't start without me, because you know I'm coming, haha
Well I got my HMS collection together. Now I just need a few staples for the Zero G.
Awesome!

Also, Leone, I'll get you in the brackets. We won't be starting the tournament until 2:30 anyway.
Thanks! I'm so excited! I hope no run away blades attack me, my Cosplay has taken a while, haha.
I'm Leone19's cousin, if I'm visiting that weekend, I might be able to come, not sure though...
take me off the list.Crying its all because of my vacation...
Sorry to hear that, but hey...vacation! Woo!
Updated the OP with a little something I'll be giving away at the tourny for those who attend.
I want those stickers! Crying
Dumb vacation.
I'll have them at future tournys too, don't worry! Though I may make a some exclusive CTCON ones for the Metal Faces on the prize table Wink
This will be awesome! I can't wait!
I'll be there as Iron Man, with BullChamp as Finn Tongue_out

My Haspro may come, depending on when his Boy Scout camp lasts.
I was debating dressing an Benkei, but I doubt I could pull it together in time....and I really don't want to shave my beard.
Awesome! Can't wait to get one Smile
I'll be there as Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat lol