4/16/22: “We Need To Talk About The Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium” Tournament Report

I’m actually making a tournament report this time! Below is what I would like to say about the tournament. And I’d also like to start by giving a big thanks to DeceasedCrab for organizing this event today!

General - The tournament ran really smoothly! a couple rounds did generally end after waiting for a judge match (generally mine), but didn’t hold up the tournament at all.
Mike.Nightwing provided pizza (4 types too, so plenty of options!) for the tournament which was really nice! Big thanks to him! Surprisingly around 1/3 to 1/2 of the people registered didn’t show up, which is a lot more than usual.

Weather - Beautiful weather today! Was the first tournament I’ve been to this year that wasn’t cold, which was really nice. It was warm, but not too hot. There was also a nice breeze which didn’t drop the temperature enough to really affect anything and was not nearly strong enough to send the stadiums flying. No complaints here!

The Actual Stadium - Attack was certainly not the best today. Most of the time when something got hit into the pocket, it would immediately bounce back or get caught for a second or two and then get back into play, which usually resulted in the attack combo losing. If we play the HasPro again, we should definitely have back wall KOs like the Burst Standard/B-09. Other than that, it did make Br/Br’ and most drivers quite a bit better defensively. They’re still definitely able to be KOed, but not as easily as in the Burst Standard. Also will mention that we positioned it to have the players on the sides with the longer walls, as to help prevent self KOs while launching, which was successful. Definitely how it should work if we legalize this stadium for ranked.

Player Results - Bladerdoc made an excellent showing for a first tournament at second place! The rest of the top 3 was DeceasedCrab (first) and The Supreme One (third). There was actually a lot more rubber flat attack usage than usual today! But as stated in the paragraph above, it didn’t do too great today. Was definitely more fun to watch and play though. Still saw plenty of the usual offenders known as Bearing and Drift (along with their variations).

Venue - Was the usual spot in the park, a pavilion with plenty of shade. Also we had the full thing until near the end when I think a party or something got the table we didn’t use for any of the tournament stadiums, so no issue.

Swiss - More fun than Round Robin/Group Round Robin. Not much more to say.

Early Leaves - Only one, didn’t really cause any issues.

Conclusion - Nice and smooth tournament. Was very chill and didn’t have as much constant draws and waiting on continuous watching of footage as the usual BST tournaments. The only issue was there was a parent who thought someone stole a Beyblade, but the issue got resolved pretty quickly, so not much harm. If we fix the KO ruling issue, I would be open to legalizing the HasPro for a more accessible ranked stadium option. I’d end off by giving another thanks to DeceasedCrab for organizing and Mike.Nightwing for providing the pizza, and by saying that today’s tournament was fun!
(Apr. 16, 2022  10:16 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: I’m actually making a tournament report this time! Below is what I would like to say about the tournament. And I’d also like to start by giving a big thanks to DeceasedCrab for organizing this event today!

General - The tournament ran really smoothly! a couple rounds did generally end after waiting for a judge match (generally mine), but didn’t hold up the tournament at all. mike.Nightwing provided pizza (4 types too, so plenty of options!) for the tournament which was really nice! Big thanks to him! Surprisingly around 1/3 to 1/2 of the people registered didn’t show up, which is a lot more than usual.

Weather - Beautiful weather today! Was the first tournament I’ve been to this year that wasn’t cold, which was really nice. It was warm, but not too hot. There was also a nice breeze which didn’t drop the temperature enough to really affect anything and was not nearly strong enough to send the stadiums flying. No complaints here!

The Actual Stadium - Attack was certainly not the best today. Most of the time when something got hit into the pocket, it would immediately bounce back or get caught for a second or two and then get back into play, which usually resulted in the attack combo losing. If we play the HasPro again, we should definitely have back wall KOs like the Burst Standard/B-09. Other than that, it did make Br/Br’ and most drivers quite a bit better defensively. They’re still definitely able to be KOed, but not as easily as in the Burst Standard. Also will mention that we positioned it to have the players on the sides with the longer walls, as to help prevent self KOs while launching, which was successful. Definitely how it should work if we legalize this stadium for ranked.

Player Results - Bladerdoc made an excellent showing for a first tournament at second place! The rest of the top 3 was DeceasedCrab and The Supreme One. There was actually a lot more rubber flat attack usage than usual today! But as stated in the paragraph above, it didn’t do too great today. Was definitely more fun to watch and play though. Still saw plenty of the usual offenders known as Bearing and Drift (along with their variations).

Venue - Was the usual spot in the park, a pavilion with plenty of shade. Also we had the full thing until near the end when I think a party or something got the table we didn’t use for any of the tournament stadiums, so no issue.

Conclusion - Nice and smooth tournament. Was very chill and didn’t have as much constant draws and waiting on continuous watching of footage as the usual BST tournaments. The only issue was there was a parent who thought someone stole a Beyblade, but the issue got resolved pretty quickly, so not much harm. If we fix the KO ruling issue, I would be open to legalizing the HasPro for a more accessible ranked stadium option. I’d end off by giving another thanks to DeceasedCrab for organizing and Mike.Nightwing for providing the pizza, and by saying that today’s tournament was fun!

thanks luffy.
(Apr. 16, 2022  10:16 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: I’m actually making a tournament report this time! Below is what I would like to say about the tournament. And I’d also like to start by giving a big thanks to DeceasedCrab for organizing this event today!

General - The tournament ran really smoothly! a couple rounds did generally end after waiting for a judge match (generally mine), but didn’t hold up the tournament at all. mike.Nightwing provided pizza (4 types too, so plenty of options!) for the tournament which was really nice! Big thanks to him! Surprisingly around 1/3 to 1/2 of the people registered didn’t show up, which is a lot more than usual.

Player Results - Bladerdoc made an excellent showing for a first tournament at second place! The rest of the top 3 was DeceasedCrab (first) and The Supreme One (third). There was actually a lot more rubber flat attack usage than usual today! But as stated in the paragraph above, it didn’t do too great today. Was definitely more fun to watch and play though. Still saw plenty of the usual offenders known as Bearing and Drift (along with their variations).

Conclusion - Nice and smooth tournament. Was very chill and didn’t have as much constant draws and waiting on continuous watching of footage as the usual BST tournaments. The only issue was there was a parent who thought someone stole a Beyblade, but the issue got resolved pretty quickly, so not much harm. If we fix the KO ruling issue, I would be open to legalizing the HasPro for a more accessible ranked stadium option. I’d end off by giving another thanks to DeceasedCrab for organizing and Mike.Nightwing for providing the pizza, and by saying that today’s tournament was fun!

Forgot to mention, but we did start about a half hour late to wait for a couple people to show up, but didn’t hold up the tournament that much (I accidentally clicked ‘post’ before writing this addition lol)
(Apr. 16, 2022  10:16 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: The Actual Stadium - Attack was certainly not the best today. Most of the time when something got hit into the pocket, it would immediately bounce back or get caught for a second or two and then get back into play, which usually resulted in the attack combo losing. If we play the HasPro again, we should definitely have back wall KOs like the Burst Standard/B-09. Other than that, it did make Br/Br’ and most drivers quite a bit better defensively. They’re still definitely able to be KOed, but not as easily as in the Burst Standard. Also will mention that we positioned it to have the players on the sides with the longer walls, as to help prevent self KOs while launching, which was successful. Definitely how it should work if we legalize this stadium for ranked.

Hmm, I actually find it better for players to sit behind the pockets.  It’s of course just personal preference.  Sitting behind the pockets and launching there means the bey you are launching, whether left or right spin is going towards one of the longer walls fist.  Also, it means you are hitting things across from you, in front of pockets.

So yeah, what I prefer nowadays is:

https://youtu.be/Jzig-B1g79A

Over this 

https://youtu.be/0dSasAU6JCo

But I guess either way can work.
Actually considering the wall bounce and other Hasbro stadiums and all that.  What if the “ground” was out like the anime/WBBA.  You can see in the first video above that I hit a bey into a pocket, came back and hit It again to free it from the pocket.  Very hard to tell if it hit the back wall or not, but pretty sure if hit the ground.  The rule on Hasbro stadium should also cover stadiums allowed for unranked play if possible. 

Or you can see here 

https://youtu.be/Jzig-B1g79A?t=2m15s
Also, the whole “ground” inside the pocket I would consider 
[Image: Z3h58TO.jpg]

Any contact with surface inside is “out” bc there are plenty of beys that can’t actually fall in.

I think this is actually clearer than the back wall because beys can actually get trapped here and not touch the back wall

[Image: Hzbg2x2.jpg]

The bey can get hit again and come back in. But could be hard to decide if it actually hit the back wall.
(Apr. 16, 2022  11:52 PM)Shindog Wrote: Also, the whole “ground” inside the pocket I would consider 

Any contact with surface inside is “out” bc there are plenty of beys that can’t actually fall in.

I think this is actually clearer than the back wall because beys can actually get trapped here and not touch the back wall

The bey can get hit again and come back in. But could be hard to decide if it actually hit the back wall.

We could just use both, or a definition that makes both count.

Thanks Pasta for the write up - I am glad the weather was nice for once and that everyone had a good time.
Legit report and glad you all had fun 😎
The One Problem I have with the Pro Series Stadium adding onto what Shindog is saying is because of the fact that it is Extremely Easy to knock out a Bey yet Extremely Hard at the same time which can be peeving at times. For example. if you have a Really good Attack Quick Combo like Rage Helios2 then it would be pretty easy to knock out the opposing Bey but Beys have gotten so big over time that usually they just bounce out of the Pro Series Pocket. I've battled in this Stadium a couple times in a couple Tournaments for free play and knocking the Opposing Bey out can be frustrating as it either easily goes into the Pocket or bounces off the Pocket and like either Th!nk or Shindog said I can't remember, it would be hard to tell if they actually hit the wall or they just bounce out of the Pocket since the Beys are bigger than earlier.

This Tournament report was really well put together and was an Interesting Event I'll admit. Hopefully, you all had some fun and maybe DC will do a Part 2 for another one of these Tournaments lol! Hopefully, you guys had fun and enjoyed yourselves!
Here is an album of photos from the event, if you don't like a picture let me know. Just shoot me an inbox message.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzKU3w
The following are words I have to say about "We Need To Talk About The Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium", an unranked Burst Standard 3v3 tournament using the Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium. Let me know if I forgot anything important.

[Image: 52008251667-4a6abe3710-c.jpg]
- This was a test tournament. We were testing whether or not the Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium is a viable option for use in ranked WBO tournaments, since the DB Beystadium isn't, and B-09s are NO LONGER MANUFACTURED and as a result it is very hard for newer bladers without a lot of money to become organizers. If this Haspro beystadium were permitted, then it would be much easier for bladers to become organizers and host WBO tournaments in more locations around the world. But the beystadium has its own set of downsides.

- Mike.Nightwing ordered us pizza. During round 2, they just showed up. Mike can't even eat them because of dietary restrictions, but he ordered everybody pizza. He is literally the nicest person in Beyblade.

- I would like to know what LJ-Blader and The Supreme One think of this Beystadium. I know they spoke of it briefly to Mike Nightwing, and I also want to know what Mike thinks. I already know what Friedpasta thinks, he did a tournament report!

- I deserved nice weather. I have been enduring frightfully terrible weather for many tournaments now. I, personally, deserved some nice weather. We got some nice weather for once. Manageable wind, nice temperature around 80 degrees. Sunny. Started to rain about 6PM, long after we'd already finished.

- We had a 22 person 5 round swiss, followed by a 8 person single elimination finals. 3v3 format. We had 41 people register! But, you know people. We didn't get started until about 12:30, we were supposed to start at 12. This was literally my fault, and I announced this and apologized to the parents present for it. I did this because Mike.Nightwing and Blueblur were running late, and sometimes I am capable of basic empathy. We finished around 4:20.

- Someone left early. Before the tournament, I asked that if someone had to leave, that's fine, they just need to tell me! They didn't tell me, but another blader parent confirmed they had left. Ah well.

- We ruined a birthday party. They showed up about an hour and a half into the tournament and by then we had the pavilion fully populated with beyblade. They set up on the grass next to the pavilion. But we ruined it by being way more interesting to the kids attending than whatever the heck else they were doing. There were just a ton of really young kids asking questions and watching beyblade and just... really checked out of the whole birthday thing. Eventually they talked to me around 3:20 and asked how long we were going to be, and I told them an hour. Surprise, I was right! LJ-Blader and Mike.Nightwind and MamaBey2122 and others also played Beyblade with them in stadiums not undergoing tournament use.  Anyway, birthday party ruined. For the parents at least.

- There wasn't a ton of double Drift or double Bearing at the tournament. Mostly just me, and I think maybe LJ-Blader or MamaBey2122. I know TSO used double Bearing in deck format. There's enough useful driver variety around that you don't see doubles too often.

- I was calling out the matches and did backup judging for, well, judge matches. TSO, Friedpasta, and LJ-Blader did most of the judging. Mike.Nightwing stepped in to judge every now and then. For 22 people I opted to run 3 beystadiums total, and we had a couple of judges around. We only had 22 participants, we didn't need 4. Most of the time 3 beystadiums were in operation, except when doing judge matches. Occasionally we'd only have 2 or 1 matches going, depending on how distracted I was with my own matches.

- There were a lot of attack layers today. We were all very interested in how it would be, even without wall bounce KOs or pocket KOs. We figured "it's probably still good" and it was RIDICULOUSLY good on the matches I judged. I know Friedpasta didn't seem to think it was that much better, but in the matches I judged I really saw it do amazing. Even I ran Guilty in my main 3v3 deck in first stage, and my attack launches tend to fail. THEY DID NOT FAIL. Guilty and Savior and Ultimate on rubber flats felt incredibly advantaged in this Beystadium. The ridge between the center bowl and the upper rings is deeper or higher, keeping attack drivers in that bowl better, the angle of the bowl is shallower, there is more pocket space overall since there are 4 pockets, the pockets are shallower, but they do hold beys fairly well. This was Attack City. There were NUMEROUS pocket wall bounces that I witnessed, which weren't instant KOs but usually the one that wall bounced lost. More common than pocket wall bounces were pockets. There were A LOT of beys getting stuck in pockets, of all types. Happened very frequently in matches I judged and was in. It was uncommon for a bey to escape the pocket and return to play, and when it happened it usually lost anyway. This stadium feels like an entirely different game. If you want to make attack extremely viable and maybe turn down the over-reliance on stamina, this is the stadium for you. If you hate how DB beystadiums disadvantage rubber flat drivers, this is the stadium for you because it gives rubber flats so much power. I bet you could run X' as a relatively inexperienced player and not even self-KO all that much because the deeper bowl ridge makes it harder to self-KO.

- I went 4-1 in the first stage. My 3v3 deck was the same in all 5 matches: Roar Bahamut Over Metal Drift-10, Dynamite Perseus Giga Drift-0, and Guilty Longinus Karma Quick'-3. I don't know why I kept using Roar, but it still works a lot of the time. It's kinda good. We all know my Drift is once of the two rare ones that rarely goes Atomic. I wanted to test how Drift did in this Beystadium, see if it was more susceptible to getting KOed. And yes, it literally is! It still did good. I also ran Guilty because I was very interested in how Attack does in this Beystadium. Answer: A lot better than B-09.

- I went 4-0 and then Friedpasta beat me. Honestly, that's fine, that's good. He's good at this, you know. So were most of my other opponents if I'm being honest. I had to fight Bladerdoc, Mike.Nightwing, TSO, and BlueBlur, and most of them are extremely challenging opponents.

- I will admit that 3v3 is a less strategic format. The shuffle DOES matter, and I made a few good calls during my shuffle picks. But it's less strategic than Pick One or P3C1. I chose 3v3 for this tournament to maximize the number of different beys being tested on the beystadium. But this is a format that really plays well to my strengths (chaos). Wait, hang on, did I just describe chaos as a strength? What is wrong with me?

- The opposite spin stamina ties are still a problem in this beystadium. The DB beystadium has a sharper bowl angle than Standard or this, so ties are less of an issue. This one is shallower than Standard, so ties remained a problem. Not so shallow that the beys spin out without contacting each other. Ties still happened in first stage, but less so since attack was more relevant. I wound up in a lot of tie matches in deck format, because, well, Drift. My Dynamite Drift is insanely good against most Guilty combos.

- We were lucky with how the scores wound up for determining the top 8. We had 4 people with a 4-1 record, and each had buchholz values in descending order. We had 8 people with 3-2 records, and 4 of them had a buchholz of 9, and then another 4 with lower buchholz. And 5-8 were already sorted in seed order already, which was handy. The top 8 was fortunately easy to determine.

- I did make it to the finals. So did the usual suspects, Mike.Nightwing, Friedpasta, The Supreme One, and MamaBey2122. Yes, she's won a tournament before, so even if LJ-Blader is designing her deck I consider her extremely good at this. But what's interesting is we had 3 people who'd been in 0 or 1 tournaments before make it to the finals! Bladerdoc, Mangodragon, and djwhitetiger. So hey, great job! Bladerdoc especially did well in the finals. Following the 4 way 3-2 tie with 9 buchholz, we had LJ-Blader, G the master, aiger7, and IzzyRoyal just barely missing the finals. You'll get back in the finals again soon folks, I know it.

- Did anyone lose a driver? Mike.Nightwing found a driver in his raised freeplay Beystadium, and gray kurokin and MadOcean were playing there for a very long time. Did either of you lose a driver? Message me what it is. Nightwing's holding onto it for you, he suspects you're showing up to BK7.

- Let's talk about LJ-Blader and MamaBey2122, this is honestly too good. This was an unranked tournament, so it probably stings a little less. Even LJ thinks it's funny. Their round 5 match was each other, and MamaBey2122 is literally LJ-Blader's mother. They'd never faced each other before in a tournament, and each they knew what the other was using very well. And MamaBey won in an upset victory. Whoever won ended up going to the finals, and the other didn't. I've seen this happen before with OnTheDL and geetster99, but it's still funny when it happens. Don't rule us old folks out, we can surprise you!

- The finals were the way they always are; opposite spin ties. With maybe a bit more Guilty. It's effective, but I still relied on stamina a lot. I don't think I used Guilty during the finals, I didn't have to. I switched from Roar to Vanish because TSO suggested it was better. You know what? She's right, in most cases it is better. I saw a fair amount of Vanish, Dynamite everywhere, a lot of Guilty, and only a little bit of Prominence.

- I didn't observe all the finals matches, I was honestly trying not to scout anyone, I mostly just focused on my own. Which were a lot of ties. One semi-reliable way to beat my Dynamite Drift combo is Dynamite Bearing. To beat Bearing I have to launch kind of hard, and that means Drift can do its thing. But there are times Drift will win. I would say Dynamite Drift loses to Dynamite Bearing 3 out of 4 times.

- So the real surprise contender for the finals today was Bladerdoc. He'd been to one tournament, did okay, but today he made it to the finals and beat Friedpasta and Mike.Nightwing. That's seriously good! He ran into me in the finals, and it ended 5-4. It was a very hard fought battle! I had to rely a bit on Vanish Bahamut on Metal Drift ties.

- I got 1st place. I was mostly in it to test if Drift and Drift Metal were viable for the Haspro stadium. And, well, yes. Yes they are. I hope everyone liked the trophies! I am including a picture.

- I still don't like Deck Format. I still want to see 3v3 or 5v5 permitted for Finals play. If you make this beystadium permissible for ranked WBO tournaments, you very much should not make KOs worth 2 points in either first stage or finals, because there would not be a good reason to use anything else.

- Judging ties is still completely miserable.

- There was a fairly serious theft accusation. This was before the tournament began. One blader either lost a bey or had it stolen. I'm going to follow up with that blader over PMs and see if they found it. One of the parents came up to me and pointed out a blader who they believe stole the bey. I'm not going to name names. I was a little shocked, I could think of no reason this blader would commit such a crime. The bey in question was not of significant quality, especially to the accused. I felt bad about doing this but I asked the accused to show us what was in his pockets. The parent making the accusation decided not to press the issue, he believed he saw what he saw but no proof could be established. I have since apologized to the accused, I still feel bad about how that went down. And I will follow up with the blader whose bey got lost or purloined to see if they have the bey or if I should arrange for a replacement. This was a bit of a downer on a day that otherwise went very well. :(

- Late April appears to be just fine for an outdoor tournament in the central Atlantic region. Nice... sunny... day.

- I'm proud of these trophies. I'm glad I get to keep one.
[Image: 52009278156-bd361ea5ce-c.jpg]

- What do I think about permitting this beystadium in ranked WBO tournaments? Honestly, the matches I observed ran a lot differently than the ones Friedpasta observed. I believe this stadium gives attack too many advantages. It is FAR EASIER to KO a beyblade in this Beystadium without the pocket wall bounce KO or pocket KO rules, and RIDICULOUSLY EASIER to KO a beyblade in this Beystadium if hitting the pocket wall or entering the pocket in any capacity counts as a KO. You know what beystadium this reminds me of? A BB-10, a stadium I feel is way more favorable to attack types than a B-09.

- I do not like this beystadium as much as the other judges, but I do like it, and I am not adverse to having it added to the pool of permitted beystadiums for ranked Burst tournaments. But in doing so, we will need to make clear to every blader participating in a tournament what stadiums will be used in that tournament ahead of time, and if you're going to mix multiple beystadium types in a single tournament you need to formalize the rules for that. I think this beystadium is extremely good for attack, perhaps too good. If you were to add this, I would make a few suggestions.

- KOs in first stage or deck format must not be 2 points on this beystadium, otherwise it will almost entirely disincentivize choosing non-attack layers and tips. It would be entirely too good for attack.

- If we do allow this beystadium, then the beyranks (which are already borderline meaningless because the game pieces and rules change every single year) would need to be reset. I'm serious, we're using a chess style ranking system, which is for a game where the board and rules and pieces never change, on a game where the rules and pieces change every year, and now potentially boards. All of those beyrank points that came before? They were for a different game entirely, and that doesn't even touch on the inherent issues in tournament availability and rules lawyering. If you're serious about adding this beystadium to the options for ranked tournaments, that's fine, but be serious: reset the beyranks so that they are consistent with the rule and part and board changes. It'll be fine, if you're good, you'll earn your beyranks back.

- If you're going to add this attack-happy stadium, you might as well balance it out by allowing the DB Beystadium as well. Not only is it still available and manufactured, but it also poses slight additional difficulties to rubber flat attack drivers, which... wbba players have already overcome and we just need to get good. Remember Zero-G? It has 3 beystadium types, with 1 2 and 3 pockets. And they're all allowed in Zero-G format. Why not permit these three stadiums for Burst with 2 3 and 4 pockets?

- So what are the next steps for this stadium? Well, we have to try another tournament with this beystadium where both a pocket wall bounce or getting caught in the pocket for any amount of time counts as a KO. See if attack gets TOO powerful like it already is in this Beystadium, but moreso. That will be a nightmare to judge, we will have to video record every single battle and review the footage carefully if any wall got close. We're talking going from a 4 hour tournament to 5, 6 hours or more. And please, don't expect me to organize that tournament for you, some of you really salted the earth as far as encouraging me to organize tournaments again. They cost time and money and effort. So if you want that tournament run, you run it! If it's in Central Atlantic I can help judge, I'd bring a beystadium, but some of the rest of you are going to have to put in that work.

- Mike.Nightwing took a lot of great pictures of the tournament! I'm sure he'll link the album. I... I look tired in all of them. I guess I always look like that. I guess I am tired.

I had a lot of fun. If I've forgotten anything, please remind me and I'll add it in.
(Apr. 17, 2022  2:16 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The following are words I have to say about "We Need To Talk About The Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium", an unranked Burst Standard 3v3 tournament using the Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium. Let me know if I forgot anything important.

Very good write up. Nice to see you finally break out the rubber flats and use vanish over roar (always puzzled me). 
Nicer still to hear you think the stadium is good - it has surprised me. I still feel attack is better in B09, however it is far easier to not self-ko in HasPro, so it's sort of like compressed - higher floor, lower ceiling. I believe there are already plans for another tournament with wall bounces as KO, so I look forward to seeing how that goes too. I also very much agree that we need to formalise event stadium rules... I do feel like it's questionable to have different stadiums in a single event - for example you can currently use BB10 and HasPro for MFB, where HasPro is perhaps less aggressive (B:D and some others catch the ridge unpleasantly well) or at least quite different (CF/GCF are very difficult to have stall well in HasPro, but GF works to a degree, the opposite is true in BB10). I do worry about bladers who can only afford one stadium being disadvantaged slightly by people with both in that situation. Maybe that's a minor concern though.
Here are my thoughts on "We Need To Talk About The Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium", and the HasPro Stadium.

I had a lot of fun testing out this stadium. I used a deck of Vanish Fafnir Over High Xtend+’, Dynamite Perseus Wheel Bearing L/F, and Savior Valkyrie1 (From Prominence) Giga Quick’.

Savior is not great, I get that. I should have used guilty, ultimate, or even rage by I have a soft spot for savior for some reason. It won a couple of points today but also self K.O. more that I would have liked. I lost to my mom with savior so… I might take a break from it.

From a player’s point of view I liked the stadium. The attack was fun and with a little skill it can work really well. It didn’t change other things that much, like stamina matches with things like bearing and drift. It might make Bearing tilt a bit more but more testing will need to be done.

From a judges point of view I felt like the ties were still there but with more attack. Lots of matches had attack that meant less ties. In my opinion this stadium is kind of chaotic, but also quite fun.

Also I love pizza, so thank you Mike.Nightwing!
This was a legit write up from you all. Thank you for hosting this DeceasedCrab I knew it world be an interesting test. My only reluctance with this stadium is how to handle the wall bounce or KO ruling, it’s the opposite of the DB stadium as you’ve said. Rubber flats are powerful in this stadium, maybe too powerful and it may be tough on judges with the wall bounces but idk how much it was happening.

Nice win MamaBey2122 like I’ve said before you break hearts in the Bey stadium lol. Fun competition.

Congrats Bladerdoc I wish you success in the future and look forward to battling against you some day.

Y’all keep doing great things and progressing this sport we love 😎
I find the HasPro stadium to be different than the B-09, of course, but a solid stadium for play. I witnessed so many rubber flats putting in work yesterday because of the higher rim helping make tight flowers and less self KOs. HasPro did change the performance of two of my favorite attack drivers, Xceed' and Volcanic, but I put in zero (0) zero practice with them in the stadium beforehand so the L's they suffered were on me.

I don't think there will be an issue judging a KO rule into the pockets. From all the battles I witnessed it was always very clear when a blade went into the pocket; I think the only issue will be the pocket with the legs parts sticking up, I don't think that would be considered a pocket... more of a hazard?

I don't believe it should be the ONLY stadium available for tournaments because that'll force anyone that owns the B-09 to repurchase this instead, but I believe it should be an option for organizers to utilize. As long as folks share the stadium to be used in the tournament beforehand I don't see why anyone would have a problem, they would simply not attend tournaments with stadiums they disapprove of.

Also, the Evo Elite HasPro set is $31.78 on Amazon at the moment so if you haven't had the chance to play in the stadium I say pick one up and do some testing to get your own opinion on its usefulness.
https://amzn.to/3KT7Yq2
(Apr. 17, 2022  3:21 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Here are my thoughts on "We Need To Talk About The Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium", and the HasPro Stadium.

I had a lot of fun testing out this stadium. I used a deck of Vanish Fafnir Over High Xtend+’, Dynamite Perseus Wheel Bearing L/F, and Savior Valkyrie1 (From Prominence) Giga Quick’.

Savior is not great, I get that. I should have used guilty, ultimate, or even rage by I have a soft spot for savior for some reason. It won a couple of points today but also self K.O. more that I would have liked. I lost to my mom with savior so… I might take a break from it.

I personally feel that your use of valk1 is what is hurting you here. The general thoughts is that valk1 is best for stamina. (Personally I don’t know why a lot of people use Perseus on stamina? I feel it hurts more than it helps. I’ve seen many times a regular core winning more than Perseus, but I digress) I think if you want to try out savior again, give it a shot on Perseus/belail2 if you feel it needs the extra burst res on the attack driver of your choice.
Here you will see interviews from the community as well as gameplay showing the pocket "issue", the stadium's usefulness for attack, and the how it holds up to big attacks.
https://youtu.be/f-k6I-Mbq1I
(Apr. 17, 2022  4:43 PM)Broyeeto Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2022  3:21 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Here are my thoughts on "We Need To Talk About The Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium", and the HasPro Stadium.

I personally feel that your use of valk1 is what is hurting you here. The general thoughts is that valk1 is best for stamina. (Personally I don’t know why a lot of people use Perseus on stamina? I feel it hurts more than it helps. I’ve seen many times a regular core winning more than Perseus, but I digress) I think if you want to try out savior again, give it a shot on Perseus/belail2 if you feel it needs the extra burst res on the attack driver of your choice.
So I alwyas use the Perseus core instead of all the other cores that are said to be better for stamina and I haven't had any issues with it. Though honestly I can say this probably boils down to the fact that I take A LOT of time to balance tune my combos to minmax their stability and stamina. So it might be one of those things where Perseus is the better core if you want to take the time to minmax and balance tune it. I also use the 9 armor with my perseus and once balanced I feel it increases Stamina. But if you are just going to throw combos together right there at the tournament then yes, for Stamina Valkyrie 1 and Belial 2 are probably the better choices.