3D printed bey tournaments

Recently more people have started to make there own 3D printed beys or parts (for example kevo) and that got me thinking, maybe we could have 3D printed bey tournaments! Now I know that you maybe thinking i'm crazy (personally I do too) and that heaps of 3D printed beys would either be overpowered or break the other beys but here me out. Firstly I see 2 ways we could approach this: 

1. less strict tournaments where people bring there most overpowered 3D printed beys to battle it out for fun. Of cause we would need to restrict beys that are to sharp or take chunks off of over beys. So maybe we could test or battle the competitors beys before the tournament starts to make sure that none of the beyblades can chip or break the other competitors beys. 

2. more strict tournaments where you aren't allowed to bring overpowed beys and like above, contestants would need there beys tested and checked before battle! 

I do know that there are flaws to this however, for example many people in the WBO do not own 3D printers (such as me) and it would take a lot more work then normal tournaments but I want to know your opinion on this guys! 

Smile
I would like to host one. But these are some points i would like bring to view.
1. Tournaments will not be official. And shall fall in general category.
2. Design shall not be overpowered.
3. We need a thread for counting all 3D printed creations. And every design shall be Judged for OP ness

That's all I guess
Sounds fun! I doubt they could ever be official WBO tournaments but just having them would be nice.
It would be difficult to balance, especially as how you'd have to define what OP actually is (e.g. Proto is OP, for sure. Too smooth with too much stamina), but as long as you can actually figure out what is and isn't legal design-wise it might just work.
I think radical designs are ok. It's experimenting with teeth strength that could help
Well... It is not a bad idea, but just like what they said, the meta game could become difficult be balanced. Or at least we should control the size and shape of those beys. For example, the layers heavier than 20 grams, larger than 54 mm in diameter or 9 mm in thickness are not allowed to use. But all those are still a little bit difficult to become practical.
This idea also crossed my mind a few days ago. With 3D printers and 3D printing services becoming more widely available I could see this coming within the next few years or even sooner. This could be the next big thing. 3D printed Beys could keep the hobby alive and bring new Bladers into the game. Also designing your own Bey is a step beyond customizing it. It needs way more deep thoughts (in performance-supporting design as well as esthetic design) than just copying the top tier list. Maybe there could be a few basic designs for everyone to download, print out and use or base ones designs on and expand on. And everyone could make a signature Beyblade Layer (for tournaments) that only exists once in the world. Bladers could feel free to download other Bladers designs from websites like thingiverse if the creator wants to publish it.

But I agree with @[CrazyAries]. There have to be some guidlines to prevent a dominance in tournaments by one design. Also I would add that too circular or full circle designs should be prohibited. This could indeed become very interesting. Grin
(Jun. 10, 2018  4:04 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: I would like to host one. But these are some points i would like bring to view.
1. Tournaments will not be official. And shall fall in general category.
2. Design shall not be overpowered.
3. We need a thread for counting all 3D printed creations. And every design shall be Judged for OP ness

That's all I guess

That sounds like a good approach Adarash abhinav

(Jun. 11, 2018  4:43 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Well... It is not a bad idea, but just like what they said, the meta game could become difficult be balanced. Or at least we should control the size and shape of those beys. For example, the layers heavier than 20 grams, larger than 54 mm in diameter or 9 mm in thickness are not allowed to use. But all those are still a little bit difficult to become practical.

I agree, if this were to be a thing then there would definitely be srict rules, this also got me thinking that this would be a great way to test out new materials for parts to be made out of!
For this we need a standard of set requirements for the bey to complete such as width, mass, height and maybe even shape if there are too many op round beys. Teeth will also need to be standardised so only a certain set of teeth can be printed on to the layer. If your serious about trying this out a lot rules will need to take place and checking the bey before allowing them to be used. You could have a tag system where once a bey has been approved maybe under the layer put a small stamp on to certify it meets requirements probably take a pic with the blader too so you know no one is forging fake tags. All in all its a great idea but someone will seriously have to put in the work for this to be accomplished properly.
I think thats a good idea since im making my own super z bey and i really want to battle stronger beys ill post when my bey is done so be prepared
Seeing as the major point is the OPness of the beys. But what if we had a committee of designers, me, kevo, CrazyAries and a few others. That way we could
1. Help each other design
2. Have a team to make sure they aren't OP.
We could have monthly competitions where ppl would enter a 3d printed bey, and the committee could choose a few. Idealisticly this would be a pretty effecient way to make sure there weren't OP beys or beys that could break other beys. Either way, this is just an idea.
(Jun. 11, 2018  5:58 PM)K1D Wrote: Seeing as the major point is the OPness of the beys. But what if we had a committee of designers, me, kevo, CrazyAries and a few others. That way we could
We could have monthly competitions where ppl would enter a 3d printed bey, and the committee could choose a few. Idealisticly this would be a pretty effecient way to make sure there weren't OP beys or beys that could break other beys. Either way, this is just an idea.

I would like to be in the commitee, too, in case we ever have one for 3D printing. I've also made some 3D printed Beyblade designs. I can upload pictures later. The physical Beys have not arrived yet but all of them will be here within the next two weeks. I still have to order some prints.
(Jun. 11, 2018  6:07 PM)TL14 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2018  5:58 PM)K1D Wrote: Seeing as the major point is the OPness of the beys. But what if we had a committee of designers, me, kevo, CrazyAries and a few others. That way we could

I would like to be in the commitee, too, in case we ever have one for 3D printing. I've also made some 3D printed Beyblade designs. I can upload pictures later. The physical Beys have not arrived yet but all of them will be here within the next two weeks. I still have to order some prints.

As for the commitee, I just listed names of the top if my head. IF we have a commitee, you'll be on it
K1d thats a good idea im interested in the beys you made if they do have a tournament i want to battle you my beys name that im making is z dracko
Imam go ahead and tag @[Kei]
I think in order for this to work we will definitely need a thread of some sort and the monthly competitions fits right in!
I'll be the first to say that 3D printing beyblade parts is pretty cool, since I've designed/printed several. However, here's the problem with 3D printed spinning tops:

- Common 3D printing materials used in FDM like PLA or ABS usually break easily and can even shatter on impact. This makes 3D printed spinning tops dangerous.
- Stronger materials like PC or Nylons, or other printing processes like SLS are more expensive and require more knowledge to print and even then there's always the problem of potential layer delamination due to poor print quality or user error.
- Due to the nature of 3D printing itself, regardless of materials, there's always weak points in the parts, so part failure is way more probable than with injection moulded parts.
- Not everyone has access to 3D printing technology, or knowledge on how to 3D model or print.
- 3D printing can get quite expensive, depending on what you're doing.

With that said, here's how it could actually work:

- Create basic templates so that everyone has the same starting parts to model with.
- Create tutorials for users to learn how to create their own parts, export to .STL, etc.
- R&D materials and shapes that are less prone to failure and easier to print, creating catalogue of guidelines, materials and shapes.
- Create rules that prevent users from creating shapes or parts that could potentially harm others.
- Create rules to prevent parts from being OP. (dimensions, weight, etc)
- Create a list of trustworthy 3D printing services for those who do not have access to 3D printers.
- Battles would need to be in a special stadium with higher walls to avoid injury. Safety gear like safety glasses would probably be a good idea too.

There's probably more, but this is what I'm thinking so far. 

The bottom line is that for it to work properly people need to follow rules and be on the same list of materials etc. Due to the nature of the parts and the manufacturing process itself, it's dangerous.
(Jun. 12, 2018  4:16 PM)Nuno Wrote: I'll be the first to say that 3D printing beyblade parts is pretty cool, since I've designed/printed several. However, here's the problem with 3D printed spinning tops:

- Common 3D printing materials used in FDM like PLA or ABS usually break easily and can even shatter on impact. This makes 3D printed spinning tops dangerous.
- Stronger materials like PC or Nylons, or other printing processes like SLS are more expensive and require more knowledge to print and even then there's always the problem of potential layer delamination due to poor print quality or user error.
- Due to the nature of 3D printing itself, regardless of materials, there's always weak points in the parts, so part failure is way more probable than with injection moulded parts.
- Not everyone has access to 3D printing technology, or knowledge on how to 3D model or print.
- 3D printing can get quite expensive, depending on what you're doing.

With that said, here's how it could actually work:

- Create basic templates so that everyone has the same starting parts to model with.
- Create tutorials for users to learn how to create their own parts, export to .STL, etc.
- R&D materials and shapes that are less prone to failure and easier to print, creating catalogue of guidelines, materials and shapes.
- Create rules that prevent users from creating shapes or parts that could potentially harm others.
- Create rules to prevent parts from being OP. (dimensions, weight, etc)
- Create a list of trustworthy 3D printing services for those who do not have access to 3D printers.
- Battles would need to be in a special stadium with higher walls to avoid injury. Safety gear like safety glasses would probably be a good idea too.

There's probably more, but this is what I'm thinking so far. 

The bottom line is that for it to work properly people need to follow rules and be on the same list of materials etc. Due to the nature of the parts and the manufacturing process itself, it's dangerous.

Good points there nuno, so we will need very strict rules if this where to be a thing we would need a lot of threads (ones for rules, templates and tutorials, testing to see whether op or dangerous, etc).
Also we need to think about mfb and plastics
(Jun. 14, 2018  10:40 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: Also we need to think about mfb and plastics

well it will take time to make a mfb (metal) bey 
so, first one should make a draft about the face bolt , disk , performance tip etc and send the information on this Thread

I had also made a beyblade ( with cardboard ) for that also i had to make a draft
(Jun. 14, 2018  10:44 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2018  10:40 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: Also we need to think about mfb and plastics

well it will take time to make a mfb (metal) bey 
so, first one should make a draft about the face bolt , disk , performance tip etc and send the information on this Thread

I had also made a beyblade ( with cardboard ) for that also i had to make a draft

I reckon if 3D printed bey tournaments become a thing we will make a thread for that
(Jun. 14, 2018  10:47 AM)Maximum beys Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2018  10:44 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: well it will take time to make a mfb (metal) bey 

I reckon if 3D printed bey tournaments become a thing we will make a thread for that
NO, we will make another WEBSITE
I guess all we need now is to see if kei (or other important members) gives it a pass

Yeeeahhhhhh, no.
Mfb would have limited customizability, and most ppl dont have a weight disk