3-D Printed Tournaments

(Mar. 31, 2021  2:18 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:17 AM)SSJBDoku Wrote: aight lets do it then go 3-D printing TEAM YEAH!!!

they have to allow us to make a thread for the rules to then maybe allow us to make a petition to THEN
MAYYBEE allow the format
?_? ?_? ?_? ?_? 
*crying noises*
r-r-ri-rip 3-3-3-d-d-d pr-print-printing t-t-t-team WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:19 AM)Dacatman Wrote: Here are the rules that were made a while ago with a few modifications:

Don’t have too much or too little weight (no exact weights yet)

Disks can be TT or Hasbro, no 3-D printed disks

Driver can be 3-D printed or TT

No custom weights

ALL disks, weights, chassis, and other normally metal are required to be TT

If you have a custom system it has to be reviewed to make sure it doesn't give an unfair advantage (like, not bursting)

No official pieces are to be modified or customized

All layers are to be 3-D printed (Sparking Rings, Chip Cores and Chips, GT Bases and Chips)

Before a battle the organizer (or whoever is keeping watch over the 3-d printed battles) has to inspect beys to make sure they will not break during battle (I'm saying this from experience)

And yes, I was battling a friend with a 3-d printed bey and it burst, bounced off a couple of things, and cut the ridge of his nose.
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:18 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:17 AM)SSJBDoku Wrote: aight lets do it then go 3-D printing TEAM YEAH!!!

they have to allow us to make a thread for the rules to then maybe allow us to make a petition to THEN
MAYYBEE allow the format

Um I already explained that there might be repercussions if this were an official format so I think you guys should just make a ruleset for casual play.
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:22 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:18 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: they have to allow us to make a thread for the rules to then maybe allow us to make a petition to THEN
MAYYBEE allow the format

Um I already explained that there might be repercussions if this were an official format so I think you guys should just make a ruleset for casual play.

I did, look back in the thread.
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:23 AM)Dacatman Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:22 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Um I already explained that there might be repercussions if this were an official format so I think you guys should just make a ruleset for casual play.

I did, look back in the thread.

I'm talking to valtaoi.
*_* '*_*' ?_? {_} ________ RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP the 3-d printing gang

R.I.P. ValtAoi_007

He takes like 1 hour to type a reply
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:19 AM)Dacatman Wrote: Here are the rules that were made a while ago with a few modifications:

Don’t have too much or too little weight (no exact weights yet)

Disks can be TT or Hasbro, no 3-D printed disks

No custom weights

ALL disks, weights, chassis, and other normally metal are required to be TT

If you have a custom system it has to be reviewed to make sure it doesn't give an unfair advantage (like, not bursting)

All layers are to be 3-D printed (Sparking Rings, Chip Cores and Chips, GT Bases and Chips)

Before a battle the organizer (or whoever is keeping watch over the 3-d printed battles) has to inspect beys to make sure they will not break during battle (I'm saying this from experience)
I would change and add some things 
the 3D printed chassis and disks/metals because to only allow them if they are in a certain range of weight (from the lightest current disc to the heavyest current disk)

the layers need to be 3D printed but not necessarily the chips (both gt and sparking) and chip cores

The layers must not be too heavy or too OP (cause there are prob a crazy guy that will make a garuda with the whole layer made out of metal and good teeth)

The layer system must already exist

12 disk must need frame

no chassis disk from hasbro (like, on left spin,  1A-d its just an upgraded 12 that cant use a frame)

No official layers (complete layers, can be layer parts like chips and bases but not the whole layer)

No infinite lock

Bey must be burstable

no sniping since depending on the way you made your bey, it can break your opponents bey

custom driver cant be taller than the tallest driver

No metal drivers (like metal accel and metal defense) and no metal teeth

if your GT base is heavier than the max you have to change the weight to gen

sorry if I took to long

(Mar. 31, 2021  2:22 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:18 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: they have to allow us to make a thread for the rules to then maybe allow us to make a petition to THEN
MAYYBEE allow the format

yeah

but wait
we can make just a casual play tournament here on WBO or I have to find somewhere else?
bruh i have no idea what usea sayajiin
This is an interesting idea indeed, but, there are downsides. People could cheat with their beys by printing out parts that like, "rig" the game.
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:37 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: This is an interesting idea indeed, but, there are downsides. People could cheat with their beys by printing out parts that like, "rig" the game.

thats why we are discussing rules in case it happens
se my post above or some other posts about possible rules
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:39 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:37 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: This is an interesting idea indeed, but, there are downsides. People could cheat with their beys by printing out parts that like, "rig" the game.

thats why we are discussing rules in case it happens
se my post above or some other posts about possible rules

Rules would be easy, finding a launcher that fits the bey and can handle the bey is hard.
mesa nounderstandz whatz use a sayajin

bruh can someone actually teach me all about bey blades please i nub
From recommendations, here is the final(ish) product:

Don’t have too much or too little weight (no exact weights yet)

If a disk is 3-d printed it has to be inspected and weighed at the beginning of the "tournament" to make sure it's not too heavy and not damaging to 3-d beys also, some types of hasbro parts are not allowed

No custom weights

ALL weights, chassis, and other normally metal pieces are required to be TT

If you have a custom system (or a custom made infinite lock) it has to be reviewed to make sure it doesn't give an unfair advantage (like, not bursting)

All layers are to be 3-D printed (Sparking Rings and Chips, GT Bases and Chips)

Before a battle the organizer (or whoever is keeping watch over the 3-d printed battles) has to inspect beys to make sure they will not create an unfair advantage or break during battle (I'm saying this from experience)
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:45 AM)Dacatman Wrote: From recommendations, here is the final(ish) product:

If a disk is 3-d printed it has to be inspected and weighed at the beginning of the "tournament" to make sure it's not too heavy and not damaging to 3-d beys also, some types of hasbro parts are not allowed

No custom weights

If you have a custom system (or a custom made infinite lock) it has to be reviewed to make sure it doesn't give an unfair advantage (like, not bursting)

Before a battle the organizer (or whoever is keeping watch over the 3-d printed battles) has to inspect beys to make sure they will not create an unfair advantage or break during battle (I'm saying this from experience)

I would still change the discs not being 3d printed and that the whole layer has to be 3d printed (can be just layer parts like chips or rings, chip cores does not matter)
the rest im ok with it
(Mar. 31, 2021  3:43 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:45 AM)Dacatman Wrote: From recommendations, here is the final(ish) product:

No custom weights

I would still change the discs not being 3d printed and that the whole layer has to be 3d printed (can be just layer parts like chips or rings, chip cores does not matter)
the rest im ok with it

I already took chip cores off.
(Mar. 31, 2021  2:16 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: lets ask CitrusNinja3 or Mana I would call kei but I think he is busy

I'd say a 3D Printed Beyblade tournament thread isn't exactly a need, but I suppose this thread could simply be used for that just so it isn't another random thread to litter the forums. PS: that isn't the right Mana. The one you were trying to ping is "~Mana~".

No custom weights

Id say a good basis for weight could be, “Layer should not be heavier than the current heaviest layer in the game” or somethin.
This has been brought up multiple times and I’m getting quite sick of it. An actual format has way too many rules and guidelines that would be required, which isn’t good because people barely even read the Burst Standard rules (the most popular and played format) so having something even longer and more complicated would make it painful to host, and it’d likely be just as used as the Hasbro format.

Also if we’re going to make thousands of threads on this topic, could we at least have a well thought-out plan and description in the first post? Not a handful of rules that aren’t even in detail, and a “wow this would be cool make it happen staff”.

3D printed battles should really just be kept for playing with friends, and free play at tournaments (with organizer permission).
(Mar. 31, 2021  4:53 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This has been brought up multiple times and I’m getting quite sick of it. An actual format has way too many rules and guidelines that would be required, which isn’t good because people barely even read the Burst Standard rules (the most popular and played format) so having something even longer and more complicated would make it painful to host, and it’d likely be just as used as the Hasbro format.

Also if we’re going to make thousands of threads on this topic, could we at least have a well thought-out plan and description in the first post? Not a handful of rules that aren’t even in detail, and a “wow this would be cool make it happen staff”.

3D printed battles should really just be kept for playing with friends, and free play at tournaments (with organizer permission)
This is going to be more of free play than anything else though, my idea was it would be a controlled way for people to test their designs and to see where they can improve.
(Mar. 31, 2021  5:01 AM)Dacatman Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  4:53 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This has been brought up multiple times and I’m getting quite sick of it. An actual format has way too many rules and guidelines that would be required, which isn’t good because people barely even read the Burst Standard rules (the most popular and played format) so having something even longer and more complicated would make it painful to host, and it’d likely be just as used as the Hasbro format.

3D printed battles should really just be kept for playing with friends, and free play at tournaments (with organizer permission)
This is going to be more of free play than anything else though, my idea was it would be a controlled way for people to test their designs and to see where they can improve.
Lets make a google doc for the rules so that they are easier to edit and whatnot.

We can use this document to edit the rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vmBY...sp=sharing
Everybody should have access.
Anyone that knows what I'm up to will know I'm all for 3D printing, custom parts and the game to be accessible to all.

However I side a little with CitrusNinja and CheetoBlader in the sense it's a good idea, it keeps coming up and nearly every time it's some ideas in a new thread rather than something quite solid, it also I think gets seen more complicated than it should be.

I do also each time avoid on posting my thoughts / knowledge on the subject as I previously have been involved in rulesets for RC car racing as well as finding my own loopholes around them.

1) Materials to be restricted and the manufacturing methods.
     This is both on a cost and safety basis. £200 filament printer technology I wouldn't put on this list, sorry.

2) Maximum diameter and the circularity of the design restricted.
     The earlier Metal Saga succeeded in this well by having no designs over 46mm from memory, it naturally stopped them being too dangerous or powerful due to the size. Also nobody wants to see complete circles, they're just boring but is tricky to word. Best I have come up with is no more than 75% may have the same continuous diameter by design.

3) Maximum weight restricted.
     Self explanatory, again Metal Saga succeeded well here not going over ~45grams from memory. They stay quite safe at this weight but gives good design freedom.

4) Modification of parts from their original design.
     Kind of pointless allowing own designs then banning further modifying them, unless it is blatantly dangerous.

5) Sharpness of contact points.
     I think this regulates itself if you have enough sense to be designing something you want to win, something sharp will likely have huge recoil so will be pointless to design it. Plastic Gen and Metal Saga I think generally had 90degree contact points with no radius and both performs well, looks nice and is relatively safe.

6) Mechanical system to use.
     Should it be open or restricted is a big debate. HMS and Metal Saga are in my opinion the most suitable for custom parts, Burst is suitable too but Metal Saga is the easiest to understand and make parts for. It restricts complicated designs.

7) Cost of the parts used.
     Materials choice limits this and limiting the cost makes it more accessible, but one offs aren't cheap. £75 / $100 is a realistic limit for a one off, but isn't accessible to all.

8) Parts available for others to use.
     Be it the parts can be sold to other players or the files are shared, it stops arguments when something dominant comes along and isn't easy to copy. Goes against the Anime philosophy in a way but makes the experience generally more friendly.

9) Wear gloves.
     You should do really with anything that contains metal contact points that spin.

10) Keep it simple.
     As stated by others, most don't bothering reading rules anyway. Those that do, often are looking for a loophole in them and the fun gets lost.

I hope that gives some insight from the experience of having had many custom Beyblade parts made for all 4 eras over the last 8 years. The above is the best and simplest I've ever come up with and would advise the Metal Saga is the best base for a custom design.
This is very interesting

Why don’t you organizers design the rules and make small adjustments based on community reaction. Also I think there should be an option so you can set up a 3D print tournament, not as ranked, but just as a way to notify the community on the time and location of the tournament.