[27/05/12] Beydays: Back to the Bey-sics (Mumbai,India)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Bladers in Mumbai, time for you to gear up for your first ever Beydays tournament: Back to the bey-sics.
[Image: Untitled-1copy.png].

Please read the OP before posting.

Now, for the details:
Date and Time: 27th May 2012. We will start the event at around 10 a.m. However, it would be better to be there by 9:30 to complete the parts checking soon. We will try to complete as many battles as possible by 4:30. Then, after Janstarblast and NitroNeo arrive, their battles will be done. The event may last till 6:30 p.m. And in case you leave early, your remaining battles will be counted as an automatic win for your opponent. So, let your parents be informed about this.

Venue: It will be on the same place as last time in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East. For those who dont know the place, we will be meeting at the entrance of the park at 10 a.m.

Format: The original plan is of an HMS+MFB tournament. However, if we get more time, we will also include a plastic event to make this event the first ever MFB+HMS+Plastics tournament.

Dont have plastics/HMS? Dont worry, I can always lend you some for battles so you can attend all the 3 events.

The rounds will be done in Round Robin format. But, if we get more participants, we will go for Round Robin Block format to save time.

Fees:The one time entry fee is $5 and $10 for passport. However, since it is 2(or maybe 3) tournaments in 1, the regular entry fee will be $10 or more. So, it is better if you purchase passports for this event. The price for passport according to current rate is approximately INR 545 . To purchase a blader's passport, you have to give the money to the host on the day of the tournament.

Prizes: Right now, no physical prizes have been decided however I may get starters for winners of each event if I have enough pocket money left. Otherwise, if you perform well, you will still get enough credits to claim a physical prize and also a chance to win in the beylotto.

Things you must know before coming to the event:
1.Make sure you read the rules well before coming to the event to avoid confusions.
2. Make sure that all your parts are legal. If a part is found to be illegal, you will not be allowed to use it and if you still use it, your matches will not be processed.
All beyblades released by Hasbro(or Funskool), Takara Tomy and SonoKong are legal.
3. Listen to the judge and the host. Co-operation is important in such an event.
4. Keep some eatables and a bottle of water with you at the event.
5. If you have any questions regarding the fees, read the help section. The fees will be used for getting beys for giveaways and contests.
6. If you have any questions about the event, feel free to PM me.

Co-hosts and judges: nik1392, NitroNeo, Janstarblast will be judging the event along with me. In case the judges are busy, ashton pinto or samkul238 will judge.

The co-hosts for this event are nik1392 and ashton pinto. They have helped a lot in organizing this event.

Enough of talking from my side, now for the participants:

Confirmed participants:
ashton pinto
christophermk
gameboysuperman
Janstarblast
jonathandesouza
nik1392
N0body
samkul238
zeneo
coldfacekiller
Dayrider15

Unconfirmed
aditya111
sridbeyz17
mateenlakhani
NitroNeo
GalaxyHart

Important note: Please check the thread for any updates before arriving at the venue. Because, there might be last minute changes. Last time, my father had an urgent meeting on the day of the event(which was actually an off-day for him). I was able to attend only due to my grandpa. This time however, if such a thing happens, I may not be able to make it. As of now, it is my father's off-day so I can come.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Wow three tournaments in one day ? Gasp

I think N0body has the most chances of winning the HMS and Plastics tournament.

Well looks like I won't be able to attend the first HMS tournament in India.. unless Electric sends the money for the last tournament in time. Tired
Yeah...great to see the thread up!!we are going to have a lot more fun this time..!!Smile

Add zeneo to confirm list
Great....! Beydays
@ Kai-V thanks for approving our tourney
Sam, please put sridbeyz on the confirmed list, he told me that he will come with you itself..
EDIT :: i guess you should put christophermk to the unconfirmed list till now, once he gets confirmed i will tell you, and that banner is awesome Dragoon Metal Storm + Big Bang Pegasus + Dragoon Galaxy Turbo...........!!!
I asked him the day before. He said he would confirm his presence on 23rd so I put him as unconfirmed till then.
545 bucks?anyways,i'll ask my mom for 600 bucks!
why is mateenlakhani
in the unconfirmed list?
also can you send this link to coldfacekiller?
Hey cool i want to join this event i know the address so can i join it??
Thats the current conversion rate. I'll have to pay more than that because of the paypal rate being almost 55/$ though Uncertain. As for sending the link, I am unable to copy links on my cell(or not yet figured out how to) so, please send it to him yourself. Smile
Dayrider 15, no that was for zeneo. You can always join the event. Smile But remember that the entry fee is Rs. 545.
(May. 17, 2012  5:10 AM)zeneo Wrote: 545 bucks?anyways,i'll ask my mom for 600 bucks!
why is mateenlakhani
in the unconfirmed list?
also can you send this link to coldfacekiller?
i'll do it for you, and mateen will reply to me whether he is really confirmed or not, but dont worry once he is confirmed, sam will put him on the confirmed list
Dayrider, he did not tell you, he was telling zeneo
Jeez i m just 11 years ... Smile
its fine ... but what about passport if we wanna have it then how much??
I have mentioned about it in the OP. Passport is for INR 545 itself. You have to indirectly pay for the passport itself.
(May. 17, 2012  5:39 AM)N0body Wrote: I have mentioned about it in the OP. Passport is for INR 545 itself. You have to indirectly pay for the passport itself.

i guess you should add this to the OP, like you did at the last time... http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Matt...ganization
Wow 3 tournaments in a day? good job N0body anyways i couldnt attend the first HMS tourney of India but all the best to each and every participant
Nobody-i forwarded ashton's message which had the link to my friend.also is the passport price subject to change
or will it be 545 on the tournament day Smile
It may change. You see, its upto the conversion rate. I dont expect it to go too high but yeah, its better to keep Rs. 600 with you. Although it wont go beyond Rs. 565, its better to have extra than to have nothing after the event. Moreover, I already have paid almost Rs. 400 extra due to the Paypal fees and nickien's paypal problems so this time I dont think I'll bear the extra charges again. Uncertain
Congrats Nobody.I wish i could attend these 3 tournaments.Keep up the good work.Oh and the picture in the OP looks sick.
Wat the heck???the fees was 500 bucks then why it is increased
(May. 17, 2012  7:54 AM)mateenlakhani Wrote: Wat the heck???the fees was 500 bucks then why it is increased
That is because the fees is actually 10 dollars and the conversion changes everyday.

It is $10 as usual, the conversion rate of $ to INR has changed and that's what caused the fee to rise.
@ mateen you can convert here any time....... its all because the value of rupee is depleting, so there is always a rise and fall, in money.. http://themoneyconverter.com/USD/INR.aspx
Hey even I am coming for the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ sam, put Dayrider and coldfacekiller on the confirmed list as they said...
wishwere you should really try it on your own Smile and there is a thread for it in 'Rest of the world' forum.., you can find more bladers there