[27/05/12] Beydays: Back to the Bey-sics (Mumbai,India)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Bladers in Mumbai, time for you to gear up for your first ever Beydays tournament: Back to the bey-sics.
[Image: Untitled-1copy.png].

Please read the OP before posting.

Now, for the details:
Date and Time: 27th May 2012. We will start the event at around 10 a.m. However, it would be better to be there by 9:30 to complete the parts checking soon. We will try to complete as many battles as possible by 4:30. Then, after Janstarblast and NitroNeo arrive, their battles will be done. The event may last till 6:30 p.m. And in case you leave early, your remaining battles will be counted as an automatic win for your opponent. So, let your parents be informed about this.

Venue: It will be on the same place as last time in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East. For those who dont know the place, we will be meeting at the entrance of the park at 10 a.m.

Format: The original plan is of an HMS+MFB tournament. However, if we get more time, we will also include a plastic event to make this event the first ever MFB+HMS+Plastics tournament.

Dont have plastics/HMS? Dont worry, I can always lend you some for battles so you can attend all the 3 events.

The rounds will be done in Round Robin format. But, if we get more participants, we will go for Round Robin Block format to save time.

Fees:The one time entry fee is $5 and $10 for passport. However, since it is 2(or maybe 3) tournaments in 1, the regular entry fee will be $10 or more. So, it is better if you purchase passports for this event. The price for passport according to current rate is approximately INR 545 . To purchase a blader's passport, you have to give the money to the host on the day of the tournament.

Prizes: Right now, no physical prizes have been decided however I may get starters for winners of each event if I have enough pocket money left. Otherwise, if you perform well, you will still get enough credits to claim a physical prize and also a chance to win in the beylotto.

Things you must know before coming to the event:
1.Make sure you read the rules well before coming to the event to avoid confusions.
2. Make sure that all your parts are legal. If a part is found to be illegal, you will not be allowed to use it and if you still use it, your matches will not be processed.
All beyblades released by Hasbro(or Funskool), Takara Tomy and SonoKong are legal.
3. Listen to the judge and the host. Co-operation is important in such an event.
4. Keep some eatables and a bottle of water with you at the event.
5. If you have any questions regarding the fees, read the help section. The fees will be used for getting beys for giveaways and contests.
6. If you have any questions about the event, feel free to PM me.

Co-hosts and judges: nik1392, NitroNeo, Janstarblast will be judging the event along with me. In case the judges are busy, ashton pinto or samkul238 will judge.

The co-hosts for this event are nik1392 and ashton pinto. They have helped a lot in organizing this event.

Enough of talking from my side, now for the participants:

Confirmed participants:
ashton pinto
christophermk
gameboysuperman
Janstarblast
jonathandesouza
nik1392
N0body
samkul238
zeneo
coldfacekiller
Dayrider15

Unconfirmed
aditya111
sridbeyz17
mateenlakhani
NitroNeo
GalaxyHart

Important note: Please check the thread for any updates before arriving at the venue. Because, there might be last minute changes. Last time, my father had an urgent meeting on the day of the event(which was actually an off-day for him). I was able to attend only due to my grandpa. This time however, if such a thing happens, I may not be able to make it. As of now, it is my father's off-day so I can come.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 24, 2012  4:03 AM)zeneo Wrote: one more question-
if we take part in three tournaments,then we'll enter the beylotto thrice-so in the lottery,can our name come twice and can we win twice-no,right?

If your username is picked once, then it cannot win again.
Even I had the same question but there are two completely different tournaments in HYD, India What about that??
The benefit is that you get entered x times, so you have more chances of getting picked. However, you can only be picked once.
OK, ill keep that in mind
how to participate cause my mum allowed me

how to participate in that list cause m coming
All the best to all the attendees and I'm eager to see the winning combos and results.
(May. 26, 2012  3:54 AM)ldragorockss Wrote: how to participate cause my mum allowed me

how to participate in that list cause m coming
just read this => first post
if you still don't understand, we will explain to you...... and it will better if you PM your contact no. to me or our host, or our co-host , so that you be in touch with us ti know the latest updates..

Hm,.so the tourney's tomorrow...
I hope there aren't any changes in the plan, and if there are, then thankfully I have Sam's number.
Smile

Just another reminder, that I'd be coming late

. And if there's a plastic tourney, I have a good trick up my sleeve. Cool
Unfortunately, I don't have a stadium, so I didn't practice. And using this combo requires a lot of practice... Sooo.....
I want to attend another plastic tourney, along with HMS and MFB..
The tourney might have started and I'm waiting for the results very eagerly.
Sameer all the way!
dethrones nik1392!!!!
awesome fun
3 tournaments in a day!whew!:-)
and 3 credits as well
2 faces-beydays and passport
Three tournaments in a day, and N0body wins ALL THREE! Grin

It was a great tournament!
My plan of using some amazing plastic combos(as I have mentioned in the above post) failed in an epic fashion...
N0body won with the exact same old combos that he'd used in previous tourneys. The detailed results will be posted soon. Joyful_3

Happy BeyDays, everyone!

P.S. I apologize to all the participants and there parents, for the inconvenience caused by my EXTREMELY late arrival.
It was awesome......... increase in our participants,, and my bad day a huge loss, i had to give up my top tier combo DIABLO KERBECS BD145 CS.. at least i get a total of 5 credits for these 3 tourneys..
we all had fun.. and now we can host more tournaments without any problem of the stadium.
Awsome tourney it was!!we had way too much fun having all the three formats!!Smile
Now for the results
MFB
1st-N0body(gravity destroyer W105EWD, Death Ouatz 105WD, MF-H variares H145RF)
2nd-nik1392(meteo ldrago W105WD,MF basalt bull D125RF...and my favourite earth bull 105WD)
3rd-Dayrider15(flame byxis 230ES[it was dominating so much], basalt horogium 145WD)

In the finals me and N0body had huge argument on chosing the beys...because we both were having combos that can have sure wins against each other so finally N0body asked me for gravity vs meteo match and i agreed to that but after an intense battle i lost 2-3

PLASTICS
1st-N0body(his Driger V2 combo and Grass cutter and 1more)
2nd-Sridbeyz17(same Driger V2 combo as N0body and 1more)
3rd-gameboysuperman(i dont know the exact combo but it was a spin stealer/zombie)

Sad that N0body's S-AR of his grass cutter combo broke...Unhappy

HMS
1st-N0body
2nd-nik1392
3rd-Galaxyhart

Sorry i dont remember the combos...but i use Driger MS with circle heavy and Driger's AR +circle heavy+metal change core

I really want to thank WBO for having this bey festival 'Beydays'..!!Smile
I came 3rd in HMS becoz of wolborg's bearing core. Mann, about everyone simply fell on me when i showed them wolborg. Finaly, all 3 of us decied not to use bearing core to have a fair game. now I truly undersand the dominaing position @ the HMS mealgame.
anyways, the tourmey was truly epic.
This was an amazing tourney...we had a lot of fun...not so much in years of beyblading...sad though i had to leave early and had to wrap up my play in the hms event... Unhappy well can't wait for another one...really happy to meet cool fellow bladers...last but not the least...congrats to the winners Smile
Oh yes. I remember the finals of MFB event. It took us 3 minutes to reach a conclusion. A stalling clause was about to be called but we both decided against it and went for the spin-stealer vs spin-stealer final. And, a spin-stealer won Tongue_out We had a lot of tie-breakers this time for HMS though.
Haha! Looks like you guys had nice fun! Grin

Congrats man! Looks like you're starting a streak too! Congrats to all the other participants too!

Jsb, Y u no place ? Unhappy
Gravity persues w105 ewd.what the hell is this!
And some spin-equlizers.well every blader likes to steal the 1st place XD
Well good luck for 2nd tournament.
That is a well known combo in UK and is called the Final Hope. It is indeed an awesome and has never lost when I used it. BTW, all 3 tourneys are already over Tongue_out so, which other 2nd tournament are talking about?
Well,Congratulations to all Participants,I'm very jealous because we cant host any Tourney in Bangalore.
yay came third in the tourney i think this was my first tourney by wbo Smile
nik i was using twisted tempo not that with metal faces and combo
(May. 28, 2012  6:37 AM)Relic Wrote: Haha! Looks like you guys had nice fun! Grin

Congrats man! Looks like you're starting a streak too! Congrats to all the other participants too!

Jsb, Y u no place ? Unhappy

Because I didn't participate?
I played two MFB matches from my block, off which I won one, and lost one. My other battles in the block(which were just one or two IIRC) had to be decided randomly. Tongue_out
Therefore, I didn't participate directly, and only got to battle by block after the results of the tourney were already declared. As it is, I would have never made it to the finals anyway!

As for the HMS one, I lost in the tie breaker between me, ashton, N0body and nik.
I only managed to beat ashton in it. I almost defeated nik too! In the match between me and nik, we were tied at 1-1. In the deciding battle, nik got a mislaunch! But it was enough to knock out my DEMS. Pinching_eyes What luck!

As for the HMS Winning Combos, I know a few-

N0body-
The DEMS Wobbler combo, mentioned in BeyWiki.
Wolborg MS uncustomized.
DEMS uncustomized.

nik-
Driger MS AR
Circle Heavy
Semi Flat RC

Driger MS AR
Circle Heavy/Circle Wide
Bearing Core/Metal Change Core

Galaxy Hart-
Advance Balancer/Circle Upper/Wolf Crusher AR
Circle Heavy/Circle Wide
Bearing Core/Metal Change Core
it wasnt like u didnt participated...lol :p
In ur block we have kept the participants who could wait till the end(u,me,zeneo,GalaxyHart)...but we were not sure that u'l come in time so we kept it considering 2 cases
1st case-we did the finals considering u wont come early...in that i qualified for finals and got 2nd place!

2nd case-if u come in time we'l do ur matches in block and if u won all three the finals will be done again...(GalaxyHart wanted to go home so as stated in OP u got direct win against him)...against zeneo u won and against me u lost so in our block u won 2 matches n i won 3 so we did not to do the finals again..!!

And ya against u in the tie breaker i had lost hopes because of mislaunch but somehow my combo managed to KO urs combo thats why i qualified...Smile