[1/7/12] Cumming, GA- Happy Holi-beys 2.0

on
Hosted by
  Primal
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Since Happy Holi-beys didn't work out as well as we wanted it to, I figured I'd host this tournament to make up for it! That, and I'm tournament crazy Tongue_out

Important Info:

Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012 @ 2:15 PM (Ray side event at 2:00 PM!)

Address- 5895 Heardsville Road, Cumming, GA 30028

Map:

Surface: Grass!

Prizes: Rock Zurafa, Flame Byxis, and Cyclone Herculeo (1st picks first, etc. etc.)

Format: Currently Block Round Robin, assuming everyone shows up (subject to change)

Also, don't forget about the Ray side event shortly following the tournament! Bring your best Ray combinations! Grin

Confirmed Participants:
  • Kaiba
  • Harkins
  • Titi
  • Ryokai
  • Nemesis
  • Matthew 711
  • Lauren2011
  • Nazo422
  • Storm Dragoon
  • Sirius
  • PAPaBlader
  • Dranzerx24
  • Vulcan Blaze
  • bey taser
  • pegasusBD

Unconfirmed Participants:
  • iBeyblader
  • DrigetGX1
  • beybladeheart
  • ashcuz
  • Matthew's friend (Michael)
  • Flame Dranzer
  • keroy86
  • Matthew's friend (Arrie)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Dec. 29, 2011  3:37 AM)Harkins Wrote: In a Round Robin format, if you lose once, you can still battle again, but if you lost again you are OUT.
Actually, that's not right...
For any clarifications on formats, I suggest you guys read the WBO Event Guide and/or the Official Rulebook.
What is a round robin and a block robin could you explain that to me here or at the tourney
(Dec. 29, 2011  3:40 AM)PAPaBlader Wrote: What is a round robin and a block robin could you explain that to me here or at the tourney

He clearly said in the post above you to read the rules.
Ahem:
Kaiba Wrote:For any clarifications on formats, I suggest you guys read the WBO Event Guide and/or the Official Rulebook.

EDIT: Thanks, Shadow. Smile
Who here is going to participate in the team battle?
I know I am Grin
From my team, the members are iBeyblader (Nemesis if he can't come), Titi, Harkins, Storm Dragoon, and I.
I think Vulcan Blaze posted the lineup for his team in my team thread.
Cool beans!
Will the winning team be choose match-ups?
Or are we using a random bracket generator?

EDIT: I'm asking about the actually tourney as well.
Hmm? Are you asking if the winning team will organize the actual tournament, or what?
I'm kinda confused XD
The way I'll determine Blocks (if it comes to BRR) is the same way I did at GBB- Put all of the names in a stadium and draw them one by one.
The first one was for the team battle XD
Uh. I think it is Me, Ryokai, Matthew711, Lauren2011, and Nazo422. A block round robin is when you split up into blocks, in this case, of three. Each member of the block will face against the other members. The person with the most wins will be the victor of that group. Each victor of each group will face each other like before. Whoever wins the most matches gets first place, etc. Round Robin(I think. I am not absolutely sure.) is when everybody goes against each other and then whoever wins the most matches wins. If you do not understand this, do as Kaiba said, or refer a block round robin as the group stages of the FIFA World Cup.
What is a team battle could i be on a team
hey dude put me on the confirmed list i am totally coming
@PAP- Well, we have two 'teams' of bladers in Georgia right now. The first one is my team, which consists of iBeyblader, Harkins, Titi, Nemesis, Storm Dragoon, and I. The second is Vulcan Blazes team, which consists of Ryokai, Matthew 711, Lauren2011, Nazo422, KKAries, and Vulcan Blaze.
We worked out the idea of a 'team battle' before the tournament got approved. If I remember correctly, neither of our teams are accepting members now, but I know of some other Georgians that aren't on a team... Maybe you guys could start one up! Smile

Dranzer- Cool! Good to know you'll be there.
Yeah, 3 teams going all out against each other in a three way battle! (If they make a team) Either that, or one team gets a bye if no one likes the first idea...
(Dec. 29, 2011  4:03 PM)Titi Wrote: Yeah, 3 teams going all out against each other in a three way battle! (If they make a team) Either that, or one team gets a bye if no one likes the first idea...

If there were three teams, We would probably have a round robin.
How many people have to be in a team. I could make a team with my friends on the WBO.
There is no certain number PAP.
But we are doing Five vs. Five at HHB 2.0
If were doing teams, I want ME, IBEYBLADER, KAIBA! WE WOULD PWN!!! and btw, if you want to discuss parts, do it VIA PM so we dont have to flood up this thread with useless information.
EDIT: or discuss the parts on Build Me a Combo thread
Can we do a beys show contest. Whoever can make the sexiest beyblade and we has a contest to see whose looks the sexiest? :3
Nemesis...*facepalm
We are talking about the Teams that are already made..and we are off of the topic of parts..
and Build Me a Combo wouldn't be the place to talk about it at all.
And that contest sounds good I guess, but I doubt we would get any prizes XD although I don't care if we do or don't.

EDIT: But how would it be judged? Just a simple majority vote? Because we of course can't have just one judge or even maybe three, since people have different views and opinions.
And when will we have the Ray side event? How about right before the finals? My parents might make me leave if it's after the finals D:
(Dec. 29, 2011  7:38 PM)Ryokai Wrote: Nemesis...*facepalm
We are talking about the Teams that are already made..and we are off of the topic of parts..
and Build Me a Combo wouldn't be the place to talk about it at all.
And that contest sounds good I guess, but I doubt we would get any prizes XD although I don't care if we do or don't.

EDIT: But how would it be judged? Just a simple majority vote? Because we of course can't have just one judge or even maybe three, since people have different views and opinions.
And when will we have the Ray side event? How about right before the finals? My parents might make me leave if it's after the finals D:
Itll Immediatley follow the torunament. Maybe if you are talking about stuff that anyone but one would care, do it PM wise. heres a quick note... IF its between 2 peoople, THE REST OF US DONT CARE!!! That contest needs to be approved by Kaiba first

I really don't get at all what you are trying to say in your second sentence..it makes no sense to me, if you are talking about me and Harkins trading, then we are already talking via PM since Ga had already said it and I was actually just about to PM him after I replied that, but I wasn't really thinking :3 and since Ga already said that, there is no need for you to repeat what he said even when it's no longer happening...and that goes for talking about the combos to, we are off those topics.
(Dec. 29, 2011  7:25 PM)Nemesis Wrote: Can we do a beys show contest. Whoever can make the sexiest beyblade and we has a contest to see whose looks the sexiest? :3
Sexiest Beyblade contest? And you're saying Me, Zeo Abyss, and PAPaBlader were being offtopic. You really are an oddball aren't you?

Eh, that was ever so slightly related to the tourney. Suggestions are okay.
Stuff like what combos are good, trades, etc. belong elsewhere, though.
The Ray side-event is going to be crazy hard! SO MUCH RECOIL!
I'm expecting more than 50 ties O_O
Haha, I'm expecting it to be quite the fun time! As CRUelty would say, 'needz moar recoil'. Tongue_out

Is it okay with everyone if we have the team battle before the tourney, and the side event after?