1/2/2011- (New York City, NY)Beyhold! New York Actually Does Something! Tournament

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Due to car issues, the tournament is postponed to 2 PM.

It's been quite a while since NYC bladers had a chance to come and compete in a SUCCESSFUL, FAIR, AND LEGITIMATE tournament. Deikailo(a female blader! woo hoo!!!) has decided to create a tournament. With the help of Cye and Me, we look to make this one of the best, spur of the moment tournaments NYC/NJ has ever seen. It is rare that we get to attend tournaments so lets make this a great one. Bring your best. Here is the format. THIS IS AN MFB TOURNAMENT

Format: Standard MFB FORMAT
This tournament will be done by Block Round Robin. Bladers will be paired up at the tourney at random but to ensure fairness, we will pair you based on skill level if possible. This gives everyone a fighting chance.

Current Venue: Union Square , NYC, NY by the George Washington Statue

Time: 2:00pm
Deikailo will be picking some bladers up and providing transportation to avoid buses and trains that may become very expensive. Gas money would be required for participants that need a ride but it is much cheaper this way, trust me.

Stadiums Being Used: TT Attack Stadium and TT Balance Stadium
More than likely, TT Attack Stadium will be used the most but if there is enough people that consent on only using the Balance stadium, that could be used as well. Only legal stadiums are permitted during the tourney but free play will allow any stadium to be used.

THERE WILL BE FREE PLAY IN THIS TOURNEY! BRING ANY BLADES YOU WANT. NOTE: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING UP WITH YOUR BEYBLADES AT ANY POINT IN TIME. TAKE CARE OF YOUR STUFF. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE BEYBLADING DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE CARELESS.

Prizes:
1st place: Libra (unopened purple)
2nd place: Mad Cancer (unopened)
3rd place: Capricorne (preHWS)

I found more unopened TT MFBs. I have L L Drago unopened, a second Capricorne, Virgo wheel, additional Libra wheel, and a Leone wheel.

These prizes may also come with extra beys, parts, accessories, etc.!

There may be MORE prizes if we have more attendants. The more we have, the bigger the prizes GUARANTEED!

More information will be posted in the next 24 hours. Please keep yourself posted if you are planning to attend and post here.

Expected Turnout: 9+

Confirmed Bladers:
Deikailo
Cye
Bluezee
Shaun
Khomari
Sal
Dragoon51
Flashfox
LILHOBOHUNTER
Dranzerallday1
SEblader#1
ikmv(bringing two people)
TheSilverBlader
Nicky
Sky Prince
jc
rayus1244
dannyboi(+3)
Who knows when the next tournament will come up. It would be in your best interest to get here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jan. 01, 2011  7:05 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Oh hey, Kai-V, can we have this listed on upcoming events with a cute little American flag on it? Thanks!
It was added.

LILHOBOHUNTER, you really need to add more content to your posts. Most of them can be considered SPAM, if you read the rules.
(Jan. 01, 2011  8:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2011  7:05 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Oh hey, Kai-V, can we have this listed on upcoming events with a cute little American flag on it? Thanks!
It was added.

LILHOBOHUNTER, you really need to add more content to your posts. Most of them can be considered SPAM, if you read the rules.

oh ok sorry kai-v & thanks for the tip
Nicky, another local Beyblader, has commited to attend. He's going to be coming with Shaun.

Hey, it looks like all of New York's classic bladers are showing up. I forgot to invite Josh, Maz said a very stern "no" and keyblader is banned from seeing Shaun so it should be an amazing turn out provided no one bails.

On a side note, last call for Toys 'R' Us. I'm going to the one in Times Square so if you want me to pick anything up, tell me now.
Will there be a fee for the tournament to get a passport for the WBO?
I believe so. If you did not get one before, it is 10 dollars.
hold up im confused where will it be again
(Jan. 01, 2011  9:08 PM)dragoon51 Wrote: hold up im confused where will it be again

Union Square Park by the George Washington Statue
Hope everything goes well for ( tomorrow? it's the 2nd here already) Grin is anyone going to film the tournament?
i will
Good luck you guys and welcome back Deikalio.
Okay, everyone who needs a ride to the tournament, text/email me your address. Due to the snow, there is free parking for the entire weekend and I plan on abusing this as much as possible. Normally it's like $6 an hour.

And thank you, Moss.
Just finished texting you=).
I go to sleep and wake up and this thing
got sanctioned. I hope this goes well.
(Jan. 02, 2011  12:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I go to sleep and wake up and this thing
That's how we roll. Cool

And everyone should come because I have some good news and some topics to touch base on.
(Jan. 02, 2011  12:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I go to sleep and wake up and this thing

Just as Deikailo told me, dont hope. Just succeed. It will go well, we will have fun, and we will bring the East Coast back in the spotlight.
omfg, lol. when was this posted? o.O it like popped out of nowhere. omfg, i gotta let my friend know... he owes me $25 for the stadium he ordered through me. XD
oh, question, will there be an entrance fee? or will the people who participated in the last tournament get free entry like Kai-V said (actually, i suggested it and Kai-V agreed). cause i payed for a passport but "Ikki" forgot to tell Kei that i payed for one... actually, i don't think Ikki told Kei who payed for passports. o.O anyways. he's not texting back to me or replying to his messages. it's been like that for 2 months. o.O cause right now, i'm broke and all i have with me are beyblades, a string launcher, and a 10 off peak train ticket....
Ima try to join this. Cause i am Dark Cancer Fighter Fighting
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:38 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: omfg, lol. when was this posted? o.O it like popped out of nowhere. omfg, i gotta let my friend know... he owes me $25 for the stadium he ordered through me. XD
oh, question, will there be an entrance fee? or will the people who participated in the last tournament get free entry like Kai-V said (actually, i suggested it and Kai-V agreed). cause i payed for a passport but "Ikki" forgot to tell Kei that i payed for one... actually, i don't think Ikki told Kei who payed for passports. o.O anyways. he's not texting back to me or replying to his messages. it's been like that for 2 months. o.O cause right now, i'm broke and all i have with me are beyblades, a string launcher, and a 10 off peak train ticket....
Where are you coming from? I'm the tournament bus.

Don't worry about paying right now. From what I know, Bluezee is working out the kinks from that tournament, but to insure the WBO gets the money this time, I put down a deposit for the event. All of us are pitching in to fix the mess from before and to make this a success.
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:38 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: omfg, lol. when was this posted? o.O it like popped out of nowhere. omfg, i gotta let my friend know... he owes me $25 for the stadium he ordered through me. XD

If you payed for the passport you get into tournaments for free from that day for a whole year. If not then you have to pay $5. Smile
If you payed for the passport you get into tournaments for free from that day for a whole year. If not then you have to pay $5. Smile
[/quote]He did, but the tournament host he gave the money to never gave it to the WBO...
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:44 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
Where are you coming from? I'm the tournament bus.

Don't worry about paying right now. From what I know, Bluezee is working out the kinks from that tournament, but to insure the WBO gets the money this time, I put down a deposit for the event. All of us are pitching in to fix the mess from before and to make this a success.
lol. i live kinda far.... i live on long island. specifically, Wantagh, NY...

oh. ok. although the most i'll be able to pitch in is $4.... is it gonna be indoors or are we gonna have to tough it out? need to know so i can prepare for the worst. =)
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:47 AM)Deikailo Wrote: He did, but the tournament host he gave the money to never gave it to the WBO...

no, he gave it to the WBO... he just forgot to tell Kei who payed for the passports....
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:53 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: lol. i live kinda far.... i live on long island. specifically, Wantagh, NY...

oh. ok. although the most i'll be able to pitch in is $4.... is it gonna be indoors or are we gonna have to tough it out? need to know so i can prepare for the worst. =)
It's going to be outdoors

And ikmv is shuttling in Long Islanders. You should PM him and get a ride in instead.

After the tournament, you can ride home with me or him because we both live in Suffolk county. I just have to drop off all the New Jersey bladers before hand.
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:55 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:53 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: lol. i live kinda far.... i live on long island. specifically, Wantagh, NY...

And ikmv is shuttling in Long Islanders. You should PM him and get a ride in instead.

After the tournament, you can ride home with me or him because we both live in Suffolk county. I just have to drop off all the New Jersey bladers before hand.
oh. ok. =) i'll most likely go with him. my brother might tag along... but he doesn't have a WBO account
hehe is everyone ready for tomorrow?
(Jan. 02, 2011  2:02 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:55 AM)Deikailo Wrote:

oh. ok. =) i'll most likely go with him. my brother might tag along... but he doesn't have a WBO account
yes he does. he's posted in the thread