[07/12/2014] [Hartford, CT] Connecticon-Clave II

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Connecticon-Clave II
Venue: Connecticut Convention Center, 100 Columbus Blvd #400, Hartford, CT 06103
Date: Saturday, July 12th, 2014
Time: 12pm - 4pm - Registration will be open from 12pm - 12:30pm
Format 1: Limited, Round Robin - Possible Plastics, Round Robin
Fees: $5 each tournament. Free for Passport holders. Remember that you need to pay to get into the convention.

If you are under 16, it is mandatory for a parent to stay with you at this event! I cannot stress this enough. You will not be allowed to play otherwise. You must also have a ride available to you at all times in case they event ends early.

Heading to Connecticon this year? Why not spin some Beys with us on Saturday! This will be a Limited-format event right on the floor of the tabletop gaming room. What better way to help spread the Word of the Bey than ripping it in front of thousands of convention guests?

Current Dragons will be asked to exhibit their skills, and explain Beyblade to those who pass by who may be interested in our events.

Also, if we can get enough Plastics players, I'll run a Plastics tournament too!

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the BeyMap! CT needs representation! Please don't put your full address. Just city/state.

Additional Event Guidelines
  • No one under the age of 16 may judge a tournament battle. This is for liability reasons.
  • Tournament details may be changed/removed without notice.
  • By attending a CT Beyblade event, you grant us the right to take photos/video and use them for promotional materials. Special consideration will be given if brought to my attention ahead of time.
  • A Judge's calls are final. Please do not argue or carry on about a call you disagree with.
  • We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
  • Do not touch the laptop used for scoring. You will find out your ranking at the end of the tournament.
  • There is a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Any participant caught bullying another will be disqualified, and will be forced to forfeit the rest of their matches.
  • Tournaments begin promptly after registration. If you arrive after the first battle of the tournament takes place, you cannot be added into the brackets and compete.

Prizes:
SS-26 Samurai Pegasus W105R2F
SS-23 Bandit Golem F230TB
SS-24 Thief Zirago WA130HF

Confirmed:
Naijalak
akalajian
charliebey
Leone19
Nohzone
Sourdust

Unconfirmed:
BullChamp520
The Supreme One
rockdragon
TestSubject1
Annunaki

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Damn, anyone below sixteen has to be accompanied ? That seems exaggerated ... If it is the convention's policy though, I suppose we can only oblige.

About the bullying, we can definitely warn and even ban anyone doing that. Those are not people we want here at all.
I've always had parents of kids under 16 to stay. More of a CT Beyblade thing. Since I'm an adult running these things, it's more for liability than anything else.

Not that it's really ever been a problem.
Please confirm me and add Bullchamp as a possible. Hopefully this will be easier to find than last year's, haha. Tongue_out
Three tournaments approved? This might be a way for me to get a lot Bladers coming to VA tourneys, by making the thread two months early. Good luck with this though!
(Jun. 02, 2014  3:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Damn, anyone below sixteen has to be accompanied ? That seems exaggerated ... If it is the convention's policy though, I suppose we can only oblige.

About the bullying, we can definitely warn and even ban anyone doing that. Those are not people we want here at all.

At the tournaments The Supreme One and I host, we usually also ask most parents to stay (unless we personally know the attendee, etc.)- mainly so we don't have to wait for them to arrive, which was happened before.
Hm, when I went to DIR EN BEY, there were no adults at all and I am quite certain kids just left on their own by bus or metro after it was finished. Perhaps it is just some cultural difference then. As long as the parents do not seem too bothered to stay for that whole period, I suppose nobody minds.
(Jun. 02, 2014  9:10 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Three tournaments approved? This might be a way for me to get a lot Bladers coming to VA tourneys, by making the thread two months early. Good luck with this though!

We're a very active state!
(Jun. 02, 2014  9:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, when I went to DIR EN BEY, there were no adults at all and I am quite certain kids just left on their own by bus or metro after it was finished. Perhaps it is just some cultural difference then. As long as the parents do not seem too bothered to stay for that whole period, I suppose nobody minds.

Main difference being how big a city Toronto is compared to smaller towns in CT. Especially in Simsbury and Berlin, rather than having subways and bus systems, most of the kids here (including me) rely on parents for rides. If this were in a big city like Boston or something, it would probably be more similar to Toronto in that sense.
Very true. Mass transit isn't super great in the smaller CT towns, and often a bit pricey when going long distances. Thankfully we have very active parents who stay engaged in the activity. I'm usually entertaining parents as much as the kids!
Not to mention overprotective suburban moms :p
I'll be 18 in a couple months & my parents still wouldn't let me ride a bus/subway/train on my own if I asked lol
Edit: sadly, I don't think I'll be attending Connecticon this year
Damn you and whatever unimportant thing that keeps you from Connecticon!
Haha I really wish I could go, but uber conservative parents were not a fan of Connecticon. Next year, I'll be there for sure. Really bummed that I'll be missing the con & tournament this time around.
If anyone has Plastics, bring 'em. If we can get eight I'll run a Plastics event too!
We're less than 2 weeks away!
How many more people are needed to get this confirmed? This isn't too far away from me I believe.
(Jul. 04, 2014  4:32 PM)Annunaki Wrote: How many more people are needed to get this confirmed? This isn't too far away from me I believe.
4 more. 8 confirmed, at this point, to make an event official.
well ill try to come but im not sure yet Speechless
Prizes updated. Picked up the latest wave of Shogun Steel stuff.
OK! We'll be in Ballroom B, which is the tabletop gaming space. We'll have floorspace, but I haven't confirmed where you. You'll see my WBO banner, so I won't be hard to find.
I spoke to Naiajlak last night and I want it apologize again for not being able to make this one. The main reason being while I'll be at the con, I'm having family and friends who I rarely see come up for the con and they want to do certain things at certain times, I guess. My sister, dad, and I would want to spend the time with our relative who we rarely see who is going with us without being too rushed to eat, etc.. Hopefully, we can see you at a Berlin event sometime this summer. Again, my sincerest apologies.
We had an AMAZING tournament today with some really epic matches. We ended up getting 8, with 4 adults and 4 kids-teens playing.

1st Place: Xander2000
2nd Place: CharlieBey
3rd Place: DaddyBey

Combinations soon.