Pokemon TCG

I don't believe there is a required amount of energy you need. The energy you need and how much depends on the deck itself.
I never play with less than 20 energy. Typically my card distribution is about 20/30/10 or 20/20/20 for Energy/Pokemon/Trainer cards. I also never play with more than two types of Energy; I hate getting the wrong kind of Energy and having to wait for an Energy Converter card or a new Energy to pop up. It also reduces the pool of each individual kind of Energy you have, which can be very bad if you have Pokemon that require large amounts of a certain kind of Energy.
I like to have a deck consisting of two types. For example my deck is a fire/dark deck (would love to get an Yveltal and Darkrai EX) I have ten fire Pokémon and ten dark pokemon. Then I have ten dark energy and ten fire energy. Then I got 20 trainer cards.
(Jun. 15, 2014  9:08 PM)Flambo. Wrote: I like to have a deck consisting of two types. For example my deck is a fire/dark deck (would love to get an Yveltal and Darkrai EX) I have ten fire Pokémon and ten dark pokemon. Then I have ten dark energy and ten fire energy. Then I got 20 trainer cards.
I would get fire and ground
(Jun. 14, 2014  5:13 PM)Cake Wrote: I never play with less than 20 energy. Typically my card distribution is about 20/30/10 or 20/20/20 for Energy/Pokemon/Trainer cards. I also never play with more than two types of Energy; I hate getting the wrong kind of Energy and having to wait for an Energy Converter card or a new Energy to pop up. It also reduces the pool of each individual kind of Energy you have, which can be very bad if you have Pokemon that require large amounts of a certain kind of Energy.
Don't you think 20 pokemon and energy is a little overkill? I (and a lot of competitive players from what I've seen) focus a lot more on trainer cards than anything. My final outline for my deck is 10/38/12 (Pokemon/Trainer/Energy). I'm not saying my ratios were for every deck because my deck needs to run heavy on trainers. I was curious to why you are running 20 pokemon.
As Thunder Dome said, 20 Pokemon and 20 Energy is way overkill. Most competitive decks have high Trainer counts and relatively low Pokemon/Energy counts.
With these high Trainer numbers you should have enough draw power and searching power (N, Juniper, Sycamore, Colress, Skyla, Bicycle, Ultra Ball) to where you only need to run around 10-12 Pokemon (15 at the VERY most), and 12 Energy is usually the common number of competitive builds (8 Basic, 4 DCE).
Yo so I've been out of this a little while, haven't been to y card shop recently.
How exactly does Darkrai/Yvetal compete since Furious Fists.
Probably about the same as it did at worlds minus Sableye since that is getting shifted out when the next season starts. IMO Furious Fists didn't completely mess up the meta because they wasn't anything super broke in there. If you use Darkrai/Yveltal decks you should still do fine.
Didn't sableye get reprinted in LC?
Thanks man, thought the energy discard would mess everything up haha
A tip for new Trainers?
As in a new TCG player I assume that's what you mean. Ugh I would honestly buy multiple pokemon Ex tins. Most starter decks are trash besides trainers.

Poseidon
I'm pretty sure that's a different Sableye. I'll go check.
The genesect box also has a premade deck, while it's definitely not good it's one of the better ones and comes with a lot of goo standard card decks.
It's definitely a harder game to get into.
Is the 2009 Raichu a good addition to my deck considering that he has a move that can bring up its attack base to 60>100?
Well Pokemon TCG has rotations to keep you buying the latest sets. A raichu from 09 is shifted out. I'll try I get a rotation list for you or you could look it up.
Thanks for the info!

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.
Anyone want to trade me some Zero g beys i will give Pokemon cards for it (i have around 400) and a thin
It feels like we've had Mewtwo EX in the meta to long, it's not as amazing as it use to be but it would be nice to see it go since its been out since Next Destinies which is pretty old. And Legendary treasures won't be shifted out (more than likely) during the 2015-2016. Although if I'm recalling packs right off the top of my head and assuming correctly it should get shifted out 2016-2017. Actually now thinking of it Reshiram and Zekrom EX will be like that as well. Wow it's crazy thinking how long these cards will be playable.

Still working on my Plasma deck. I'm planning on buying some Plasma tins (Deoxys, Lugia and Thundurus) as those will help.
I have to agree and disagree with you, yes Mewtwo EX has been in the meta wwwaaayyy to long, but it still is amazing. I mean the only thing that can really hit bigger is Yveltal EX.
Anyway I'm currently building an Yveltal Darkrai deck don't know how good it will still be with dark explorers gone but I've already put a decent amount of money in it sooo...
Well I didn't mean to say that is wasn't competitive, just not used as much. Honestly I'm considering running 1-2 in my Plasma Deck despite the fact that they aren't Plasma just in case someone has a random Silver Mirror in their deck.
I used to have 257 cards, then I lost them when I moved. So sad however I'm starting over with a keldeo ex tin
Shouldn't a deck be only six? Also regigigas is horrible stat wise. I don't think the move pool is that impressive either. But I could be wrong.

I use

Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

JK Well -
greninja
Charizard
Yvetal
Fenniken
I don't remember my other two. I haven't played any Pokemon game in a long time.

Edit : just now realized we are talking Pokemon CARDS not game. Oops.
Bladerguy2, you should really at least try omega ruby or alpha sapphire, who knows you might want to get back into pokemon because of it
I've played the sapphire remake. I really liked the delta episode. I still love Pokemon but between beyblade and the other games I want to play (got s couple of Zelda games in working on right now. Some fire emblem) I just don't have much time for Pokemon.

Edit I didn't play all the way through as it was my brothers copy. I'm still eating for delta emerald.
This is the Pokemon TCG thread guys, there is another thread some where for the video game if you want to talk about it there.
What decks are you guys building for the new rotation?

Currently, I'm using a fighting deck with Zygarde EX and Machamp EX 2x + Heavy Boots.