Plastic SG/Base/Tip Etc Compatibility Doc.

Seeing as I have most relevant parts, I figured I'd do up a full list of SG/Casing/Shaft/Base/Tip setups that are usable in plastics. I'm basically certain everything herein is legal, but if you have reason to doubt something, feel free to ask (and yes, using other shafts in Zeus's SG is legal, and vice versa, it's used in an old trick for using Wolborg 2's shaft for attack).

Anyway, enjoy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...jd2THQ4QXc

I also plan to write up which SG's are compatible with V/V2 series bases (I have most of this done already).

Things that aren't listed either do not fit together, fit together but are totally unusable (e.g. the tip doesn't protrude enough to touch the floor), or suffer from the tip falling out.

Rule Clarifications I Need Help With! (Click to View)
Oh yeah, I did this list by spending a day sitting down and trying every possible combination out individually and noting down whether or not they fit together and how they worked if they did. As such, it is 100% correct to the best of my knowledge. I also first did it in Word and manually reorganised it all two and a half times before realising I could just use excel. Then I had to do it in excel. So yeah, took a while.

It would be nice if people could verify the setups they can do and post here to say that they work, and any they have issues with, in case I made an error or whatever and so we can get things sorted. That said, this should be absolutely correct as is.

ONLY post issues if you have the parts or an EXTREMELY good source that disagrees. Beywiki does not count as it is riddled with misinformation in this aspect, due to the lack of specificity in the Dragoon V2 Article as to whether the parts listed all work together (spoilers: They Don't) amongst other things.
Quote:2. If anyone has Desert Sphinxer alongside Wolborg 4 (and maybe rock bison), OR Gigars (either manufacturer), Wolborg 4 and Rock Bison (Maybe desert sphinxer too), it'd be really cool if they could shoot me a PM and try putting some setups together (you won't have to launch them or anything, so yeah).

3. Dranzer F: Pretty sure it doesn't, but if the SG fits in anything else, let me know.

5. I need people to check their Dranzer V's to see if they came with a shorter magnet in the N-MG Core, with spacers below. I know mine did and that the only way to make it look like the box is with that core, but I need more evidence than just me. If you don't find the MG Core, make sure you haven't sold it, or bought one that someone included the wrong Core with, or any other source of error, then post here, including the manufacturer (it's printed on the base).

5. mine is like that too...but i also got another SG with shorter magnet too..but i forgot which is it...the rest are with normal shape and size...

3.so far..i cant fit in other BB unless i modified it illegally..haha

2.i have wolborg 4, rock bison, hasbro gigars and desert sphinxer... Smile

nice article th!nk...
(Jan. 21, 2012  8:01 AM)th!nk Wrote: 2. If anyone has Desert Sphinxer alongside Wolborg 4 (and maybe rock bison), OR Gigars (either manufacturer), Wolborg 4 and Rock Bison (Maybe desert sphinxer too), it'd be really cool if they could shoot me a PM and try putting some setups together (you won't have to launch them or anything, so yeah).

3. Dranzer F: Pretty sure it doesn't, but if the SG fits in anything else, let me know.

4. Blizzard Orthrus (Takara): Do normal (non-neo) SG's fit in the base, and does Wyborg's SG (Auto Change Ver.) fit in. a clear top-down picture of the base would let me answer both so yeah Tongue_out

5. I need people to check their Dranzer V's to see if they came with a shorter magnet in the N-MG Core, with spacers below. I know mine did and that the only way to make it look like the box is with that core, but I need more evidence than just me. If you don't find the MG Core, make sure you haven't sold it, or bought one that someone included the wrong Core with, or any other source of error, then post here, including the manufacturer (it's printed on the base).

2. I Have them Smile
3. As far as i have tried, not legally.
4.Normal SG's don't, wyborgs definately does.
Wow, you two are awesome. That's all but Takara Gigars basically sorted now :3

Benjo: Hm, interesting. Maybe a seller threw a dranzer V one in without noticing or something? I have most Magnecore Beyblades, from takara at least, and Dranzer V is the only one with it... Hmm. Either way, I'm pretty sure that verifies that, so I'll include it in my article (maybe add it to the parts list if Kei agrees)

Okay, here's the stuff I need to know for number 2:

First off, the EG's of Desert Sphinxer and Rock Bison: are the plastic bits at the bottom of the EG (where the CEW Parts attach) any different length wise? If not, then that's Desert Sphinxer's EG is sorted. If so, I have some more questions, if you're willing to help (it'll basically be doing the below with as many EG bases you have and Desert Sphinxer's EG instead of rock bison's).

2. Put Rock Bison's EG in Gigars base, attach wolborg 4's CEW part and clip it on. Does it fit, and can you rotate the CEW without friction from the base?

3. Do the same with Desert Sphinxer's base.

If Desert Sphinxer's EG is different, can I get you to try, (only when you have time), doing the above with desert sphinxer's EG and all the different EG Bases you have? I know, HUGE ask, but yeah, only if/when you have time!

Feel free to say no, by the way, I won't mind Smile

1. Phew, that's a huge relief.
2. Really? That's odd. That said, Zeus's base isn't very compatible either sooo...

Can you try with Desert Sphinxer's Base?
basically...i tried with all of my EG BB...i used Wolborg 4 CEW + Rock Bison EG
Rock Bison EG = Wolborg 4 EG = Desert Sphinxer EG
here are the tests you request th!nk
OK indicates the CEW fit in nicely and no scrapping with the BB...for all final clutch BB..if the clutch is on..the switch will scrap with the CEW

Zeus BB
The CEW cant fit in..the Zeus BB is too wode

Blizzard Orthorus BB (Hasbro) = Draciel G BB
OK

Desert Sphinxer BB
OK

Gigars BB
OK

Dranzer G BB
OK

Dragoon GT BB
CEW scratching with the G-wing

Dranzer GT BB
A bit of scratching between the BB and the CEW

Driger G BB
OK

Mtl Driger BB
Not sure if it will scratch or not..when i put the CEW..and try to force it rotate by hand..it doesnt scratch..but am sure the gap of the CEW and the BB is very close..(since it is first clutch,the EG dont kicks in once i released)

Dragoon G BB
OK

G Dragoon G BB
OK

and of course Rock Bison BB fit in well..
Generally my switches of my final clutch BB's are a hair short of scraping, as are most peoples from what I've read. And thanks for the Dranzers, I have both coming but yeah, that means I can write that part up tonight/tomorrow. (EDIT: Okay, yeah the clutch of my Dranzer G Base touches the sides. Assuming Gigars does too).
Also, if they used the same EG for Desert Sphinxer and Rock Bison, then it assuages my misgivings about the legality of using wolborg IV's cew part on rock bison's EG.

Thanks very much, both of you! You've both been a huge help!
Added the G-Series CEW Part info. It's a bit general, but it has all the information and I didn't feel up to writing out every single base from that Era. If someone really wants me to, I can, but yeah.
I went to take a look at my Takara Gigars and the customize gear comes assembled just like any regular engine gear. So to disassemble it you would need a screwdriver and I don't think that would be legal for customizing.
Yeah, blitz mentioned it in plastic parts discussion a couple of hours ago, and no, it would not be legal.

Thanks a bunch for helping though :3
Okay, still don't have a Dragoon V2 tip. I mean, I do know what bases it should fit into (Customize Grip base (Dragoon V2), SG Grip Base (Uriel), Magnet Flat Base (Dragoon V) and Fortress Base (Draciel F)), but if someone could just verify that it fits in Dragoon V's base and Fortress Base, that would cover it, ad SG Grip Base is just a mirrored Magnet Flat Base with a different coloured, magnet-less tip, and CGB is the original, and I'm 99% sure it won't fit in anything else unless I've forgotten something.

EDIT: Okay, I've worked out the EG Stuff properly now, I will update it in a bit. Still need a hand on the dragoon V2 stuff. :3
you can fit dranzer F's SG into the top half (one with the clips) of trygles BB but i am not sure if it is legal without the other half?
Nah, you need to use both parts of SG Jumping Base for it to be legal.
I just tried and Dragoon V2's tip can fit into both Fortress Base and Magnet Flat Base.
Thanks, thought so, just needed the verification Grin

I'll update this tomorrow with all the relevant info, working on 1 hours sleep over about 36 hours or something right now.
Updated! Added stuff for Dragoon V's base and Tip (it's exactly the same as Uriel's, though with the magnet in the tip, it is harder to get a South Neo SG in).
Added stuff for Dragoon V2's tip too, if someone could just make sure that it actually works in Fortress Base with Wyborg's SG (Auto Change Ver.) it would be awesome! I'm 99% sure it does, I just want someone else to check.

Also updated the CEW Part stuff. Assumed Gigars and Desert Spinxer's clutch tabs scrape when the clutch is set from what Benjohadi said.

And Gaia Dragoon's SG (G Ball) only works with it's own base (and vice-versa, as otherwise the metal balls can fly out.)

Haven't had time to write out the V/V2 series SG Compatibility (Neo/Normal/Wyborg's) as yet, sorry :c
Okay, I've just updated this. I made an error in assuming Dragoon V's tip was identical to Uriel's, and mine was just missing the rod at the top. Only realised this after getting Dragoon V2 and then asking, as my V was second hand. I apologise for being hasty, but everything I read said that uriel was identical (despite me disregarding this previously). The shaft section of Dragoon V's base is slightly narrower to reduce free spin. The pole on uriel's tip is to prevent it wobbling in place but allow for some free spin. This means Dragoon V/V2 tips wobble in Uriel's base.

Also, the tip of Uriel's base is actually fast. Mine's pretty worn, but the tip is the same size as Customize Grip Bases, and I have got really fast movement out of mine after wearing it a little flatter. Just a side-note, I'll have a draft up for that bey soon enough anyways.

But yeah, I'm now certain everything in here is 100% correct. I will get the V/V2 base SG compatibility thing done in the next few days, after I get around to photographing my collection.
Continued from: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Dragoon-...#pid906189

(Feb. 23, 2012  8:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: I would think adding a "compatibility" section to each relevant section/part, then linking to the appropriate section of a compatibility list article for that beyblade.
I could probably do a breakdown by beyblade with the base, shaft, and casing compatibilities, so we'd only need the one link per article.

Sorry, I think we're talking about two different things here. What you did in the Wolborg 2 rewrite was great, and it can be done for this, and other articles as well. The most notable setups should be discussed, with the rest of them being discussed in the section of compatibility list article for that BB.

My only suggestion would be to implement subheadings/bullet points for each customization suggested. It improves readability, and makes it easier to find information. For example, here is how it would work in your Wolborg 2 rewrite:

What I was originally talking about was the "Adding a Different SG" section from the Dragoon V2 article. I was just saying that, rather than including that in each section of every article that it has relevance to, we should simply link the section created for it within the compatibility list article. So, for each customization suggestion that adding a different SG has relevance to, "Note refer to Adding a Different SG if you do not know how to setup the SG" will link the reader to that section.
Yeah, that makes sense, though any combination that requires it should be laid out in an understandable manner, with the BB: line stating the base and linking to the bey it comes from, the Shaft: line does it for the shaft, and the SG: line tells you the casings and which bey they come from, alongside the SG Shells (and link to the appropriate section of the SG article), so I don't think it's really that neccessary to provide that link for suggested combinations. Perhaps I am missing something, of course.

I like that formatting layout, it reads much more clearly. I will update my drafts/rewrites/etc appropriately a little later today or tomorrow.