L-Drago Guardian Discussion

Go right ahead, I've seen some success with my Variares on S130 as well. It's not bad at all, just not as amazing as the prefered R145 and CH120.
(Mar. 18, 2012  5:06 PM)Universe² Wrote: MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145RSF vs. MF-H Variares CH120RF (Left)
L-Drago: 13 (7 KO, 6 OS)
Variares: 7 (7 KO, 0 OS)
0 Draws
L-Drago Win Percentage: 65%

Not surprising that a BD145 combo did better against a CH120 combo...

What are you saying? That is surprising ..
I can't really understand how this came about, considering Th!nk never brought it up, really, and he does barely average with VariAres.

Anyone else want to corroborate these lonely tests?
Sarcasm is a lovely tool isn't it Smile
Should I have added this to the end of the sentence?
Anyways, I would like to see more tests in this thread also, although I completely understand people not being interested in a thread about part that was written off as a "meh" wheel.
I don't see what you're all complaining about, it's not good in conventional defense combinations and never, ever was.

Think outside the box. May not help but it might be a bit less boring and a lot less pointless.

Heck at least try weak launching it against flash or something.

As for those RSF tests, Meh, 65 against variares isn't surprising to me, but some calibration/standardization tests against a more well known defense combo (in same spin), would be good.
I did, check the bottom of my first set of test results, it's in the spoiler.
MF-H Variares R145RF vs. Basalt Aquario BD145CS.
Ahh, yes, my bad.

Could I bother you for a standardized tip too, though? the same basalt combo on RSF, versus variares (right spin). Feel free to take your time, it's just those results are quite odd, haha. Smile
No problem, I'll do them later today or tonight.
And I was very surprised too XD
Imo I see no potential at all....idk if I'm launch incorrectly or something, but even against an attack type, l drago guardian will spin equalize and kill itself due to bd145 scrape.

Its almost always the first to stop spinning against everything other than r145, which ko's it in exchange for the os losses.

With most people getting duo along side l drago guardian, I really see no purpose in it. It would be common sense to use duo (a much safer option) over l drago guardian.

Just my 2 cents.
It has potential to be good, maybe even great, but when compared to Duo, of course it's going to look like an almost worthless part, but that's just it, everyone is just comparing it to much to Duo. Everyone comparing every part to the top tier part of its type which is almost unfair to the part. Nothing has very much "potential" when compared to the greatness of Duo. But let's compare Wing and Guardian. That seems more fair to me because Duo is just too much known as the king of kings in defense and it brings to much doubt to other parts and Wing is great as well, just not as good as Duo...<--fail rant I'm guessing?

I'm ready for that hate XD! By the way, I know some things need to be compared to the big boy of its division, but let's take it slow before pointing out all of its flaws when compared to the almighty Duo...<--still fail ranting, lol what a loser.

Also, I've only seen my L-Drago Guardian (when on the BD145RDF) maybe scrape itself to death maybe 3-4 times..and those were only from times that it would get in a weird angle with the tornado ridge.

As for the availability, I don't think that it should effect testing whatsoever, no matter where you get a part from, it still has its "rights" to be tested as well just in case their is a person in that special situation of having a L-Drago Guardian and no Duo.

When I said scrape itself to death, I didn't mean what bd145xf does. I mean something along the lines of: L drago Guardian will spin equalize, but always loose the outspin because bd145 makes it stop first.
Is that how I can 3-0 to 3-1 a MF-F Scythe Gasher AD145WD with MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145RDF? I can't do the same against a Phantom stamina combo, but this is still good..
BD145 doesn't scrape that much in this combo from my use. Even when at low stamiiwna, RDF is just too tall.
And I know you aren't talking about BD145XF like scrapping, neither was I..
Also, I said something earlier that I worded wrongly, it's only scraped 3-4 time for me *during the tests.
(Mar. 18, 2012  3:14 PM)Universe² Wrote: Yeah, I tried some BD145CS and TH170CS tests and both were pretty horrible even if it was against Variares Tired
Do you have the necessary parts to try my tests? Or didn't I read a post of yours that said you didn't have Quetz?

MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145RSF vs. MF-H Variares R145RF (Left)
L-Drago: 12 (8 KO, 4 OS)
Variares: 8 (8 KO, 0 OS)
3 Draws, All Redone
L-Drago Win Percentage: 60%

MF-H L-Drago Guardian TH170RSF vs. MF-H Variares R145RF (Left)
L-Drago : 7 (2 KO, 5 OS)
Variares: 13 (13 KO, 0 OS)
1 Draw, Redone
L-Drago Win Percentage : 35%

I'd still like other people to try these tests :\
I don't see how Relic got his results, but then again, not everybody is a great attack user (not saying I am, just saying that everybody may not be).

To be honest, I'm a really decent Attack user. Just that my LDG is abnormally heavy (47.9 Grams). I even did some tests along with BladingSpirit5, you can ask him.

Also, we even did some comparison tests with his LDG, which weighs around 44-45 Grams. The difference between both the results were drastic. Unfortunately, we didn't record them.

(Mar. 18, 2012  3:14 PM)Universe² Wrote: I don't see how Relic got his results, but then again, not everybody is a great attack user (not saying I am, just saying that everybody may not be).

You can't really call Relic a bad attack user. He's won all the tournaments he's attended with Attack Types..

(Mar. 26, 2012  8:13 AM)Relic Wrote: To be honest, I'm a really decent Attack user. Just that my LDG is abnormally heavy (47.9 Grams). I even did some tests along with BladingSpirit5, you can ask him.

Also, we even did some comparison tests with his LDG, which weighs around 44-45 Grams. The difference between both the results were drastic. Unfortunately, we didn't record them.

Yeah, his LDG is heavy. I was there.