Duo Uranus Discussion

(Dec. 10, 2011  6:39 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: yeah but it gives every !!!! time a counter and I want to find it

I really cannot understand that.

I will try Beat. But from past examples, such wheels have only been countered by new releases or, more importantly, smart gameplay. Unlike Basalt, Duo doesn't have any offensive ability, so it won't be the new Basalt BD145CS, it doesn't have a decent chance against everything, especially with stronger attack wheels around if it isn't using BD145. If it is using BD145, it loses to taller combo's, which are also very common.

Yes, it comes down to working out what combo your opponent is using, but at tournaments, it's not as hard as you might think unless you're facing one of the more elite players.

Personally, I don't think a metagame where Variares and Blitz can beat almost anything is too healthy, though Duo is a bit overpowered, I don't think it's serious enough to be a cause for concern at the moment, especially given it's total lack of offensive ability.

That's kinda a general essay on "it's not the new basalt relax don't ban it". It's a very, very good wheel, but it's not the same as basalt was.
^That should go in the Advanced discussion thread about Banning Basalt, it makes total sense.

Duo = Super Stamina Defense hybrid, Basalt = Quasi Attack, Stamina Destroyer, and Defense Domination. Yep, Duo is good, but not like Basalt in getting that KO capability. Which is why I fell just keep both in the metagame, VariAres and Blitz do prefect against Basalt, and Duo is taken out by Phantom, Which in turn had odds against Basalt, VariAres, and Blitz, who in turn cant even touch Duo and Anti-meta Basalt. Yeah, I can rant about this like for a whole day, just give me time to prepare my speech.....

Though the Beat/LLD able to KO Duo? LUFAO. Impossible. Blitz and VariAres barely dent it, what more those two?
(Dec. 10, 2011  6:47 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2011  6:39 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: yeah but it gives every !!!! time a counter and I want to find it

I really cannot understand that.

I will try Beat. But from past examples, such wheels have only been countered by new releases or, more importantly, smart gameplay. Unlike Basalt, Duo doesn't have any offensive ability, so it won't be the new Basalt BD145CS, it doesn't have a decent chance against everything, especially with stronger attack wheels around if it isn't using BD145. If it is using BD145, it loses to taller combo's, which are also very common.

Yes, it comes down to working out what combo your opponent is using, but at tournaments, it's not as hard as you might think unless you're facing one of the more elite players.

Personally, I don't think a metagame where Variares and Blitz can beat almost anything is too healthy, though Duo is a bit overpowered, I don't think it's serious enough to be a cause for concern at the moment, especially given it's total lack of offensive ability.

That's kinda a general essay on "it's not the new basalt relax don't ban it". It's a very, very good wheel, but it's not the same as basalt was.

Try it in A-mode, it has offensive ability then, only in certain combos though, BD145 scrapes, tracks with clearance AD145/TR145 etc. and any tip really make for a fun combo, I really like Duo_AD145WD in A-mode, it KO's all stamina, OS's or KO's most Def, and OS's attack... its obviously not unbeatable, but has a fair chance against everything, its kinda my generic 'go-to' combo atm.

Are people really talking about banning a wheel that released maybe 3wks ago?? most people don't even have the thing yet, so there has only been a couple of us using it... just seems crazy to me. It is a very very good wheel, but not unbeatable.

The Duo combos that wreck attack(BD145CS/RS etc), get wrecked by good stamina combos(Phantom 85/AD145WD), the Duo combos that beat stamina (AD145WD) get beaten by good attack(Blitz, Vari, even Grav.)... its the old Def>Attk>Stm>Def, like everyone whined about wanting back when Basalt was the Goliath of the week.

If every good wheel gets banned, what are we left with?? Basalt dominating once more?
True that. I would prefer having a no ban on anything. Its just one combo, go make a counter with Kreis people. And no, PLENTY of people have this thing. Trust me, these things sell quicker than hotcakes.
Shabalabadoo brought it up once (though, more as a theoretical), and a couple people mentioned it, I was really just pre-empting it though, it's not really on the table at the moment.

I tried A-Mode, it was like M145. Bleh. I will try that combo when I get time, though.
Anyone discussing banning parts should realize that not only is it an extremely serious decision, it is one we only make if no suitable counters are available at that time.

Duo clearly falls short in some areas. Basalt likely would have been banned, yes, if not for Scythe and Phantom booting it out of the Stamina section entirely.
Don't Bann duo, yeah it is a fantastic wheel, but I really often have seen that duo had lost against phantom, death( don't forget it), blitz and sometimes vari

and from my experience death is as good as duo, so don't bann it
Whether or not Duo should or will be banned is not being discussed here, and is not up for discussion whatsoever unless a precedent appears warranting it.
will have tests up for this LDG and Wing soon any requests ????
Procedure:
BB-32-Attack Type Stadium
BB-32-Beylauncher x2
L-Drago URS-Beylauncher L
Near Mint RDF
Near Mint RF
Slightly Worn R2F
Slightly Worn LRF

Duo (S-Mode) Aquario BD145RDF vs. Variares CH120RF (Right)
Duo: 16 Wins, 4 KO, 12 OS
Variares: 4 Wins, 3 KO, 1 OS
Duo Wins 80%

Every win for Variares were when Duo would hit the wall, go off balance, then scrape the floor like crazy, then send itself out of the stadium. Duo's KO's were always on first contact. Most hits, if not all, though, would barely budge Duo.

Duo (S-Mode) Aquario BD145RDF vs. Variares CH120RF (Left)
Duo: 17 Wins, 2 KO, 15 OS
Variares: 3 Wins, 2 KO, 0 OS
1 Draw (KO)
Duo Wins 85 %
Variares seemed to make much more contact while spinning left and the hits were better, they moved Duo easier. And I've got to say, all of the OS's by Duo were VERY close. They were more close then they were when Variares was in right spin for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Variares would OS this Duo combo once in a while. Variares would send Duo past the tornado ridge 1/3 times though, but it just couldn't send the finishing blow.
(Dec. 11, 2011  1:52 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: Don't Bann duo, yeah it is a fantastic wheel, but I really often have seen that duo had lost against phantom, death( don't forget it), blitz and sometimes vari

Death is not as good a wheel as duo in any aspect other than it's ability to grind, and even then, duo is still better at stamina.
(Dec. 11, 2011  8:47 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2011  1:52 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: Don't Bann duo, yeah it is a fantastic wheel, but I really often have seen that duo had lost against phantom, death( don't forget it), blitz and sometimes vari

Death is not as good a wheel as duo in any aspect other than it's ability to grind, and even then, duo is still better at stamina.

that´s your experience not my, but at tournaments I only see that most of time cs is the key for the win between duo and death, don´t forget that death weights more and the stamina cabilities are better by duo I know, but there isn´t much contacts between the wheels when thay fight ( BD145 cs combos I mean)
-looks at beyrank-
[Image: fry.PNG?1307468855]

I think I'd trust multiple results from several members through testing and official tournament battles over 1 person, thanks. From what I've seen (and will experience within a month, getting BB-121), Duo>Death anyways.
I've done full comparative tests of both, Glowfire. If you are going to dispute what I say, you should back it up with evidence, especially considering you've never actually been to an official tournament.

Duo has better stamina, and the weight difference is almost unnoticeable, especially with Duo's much smaller recoil, which all results in better defence.
LOL GA LMFAO!

Anyway Galaxy4Stars tested mirror matches with Duo vs Basalt. So I asked him to extend the matches. He said he launched 30-40% for duo and 100% for basalt. BTW Duo and Basalt are both paired with BD145CS

Duo 30/30 (30-40% launch)
Basalt 0/30

Pefected. Just felt like it was needed to be known lol.
Wait, why did he launch Duo so weak? I mean, Duo DOES have significantly better stamina than basalt, but that's pushing it, methinks Confused
Noting what you said, th!nk, about Duo Attack mode being insanely off-balance, how does Duo B : D do? B : D can wobble and regain balance like nobody's business, and if Duo wobbles that much, the defense would be (slightly) increased due to the angle of B : D when being attacked. So, though I know B : D isn't the best, how does it do?
(Dec. 12, 2011  1:08 AM)th!nk Wrote: Wait, why did he launch Duo so weak? I mean, Duo DOES have significantly better stamina than basalt, but that's pushing it, methinks Confused

Well as far as I know him, he wants to prove that Basalt is already outclassed already, no use for it. So he did the mirror match to prove it. IMo Basalt is outdated already -cough- Duo, Phantom, -cough- and Death. My cold ;[

@Ga': Thats what I'm curious about also. But when my Phantom and Duo comes in, first I'll spin BD on a straw then test Duo BD Grin lol
My mode that J o n posted was S mode it was nouthing but just spin stealed basalt the carp out of it th weak Launch was Perfectly Fine 15 was 100% full launch both Duo and Basalt i only Weak launched on Duo
(Dec. 12, 2011  1:46 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: My mode that J o n posted was S mode it was nouthing but just spin stealed basalt the carp out of it th weak Launch was Perfectly Fine 15 was 100% full launch both Duo and Basalt i only Weak launched on Duo

It didn't spin steal in the same direction lol.
So basicaly I went further in the testing with BD145CS

MF-H Blitz Unicorno 85R2F VS MF Duo Uranus BD145CS (Defenseive CS,S Mode)
BU2: 1 KO
DU:18 OS 1 KO (TR stall smash)

Blitz is no where but sucks now so at the end Duo KO'd Blitz and shatterd my Blitz core to peices now R I P Blitz you will be missed for a month Uncertain

2nd Testing

MF-H Beat Lynx DF105R2F VS Duo Uranus BD145CS (CS is Semi Aggresive, S mode)
BL: 16 KO
DU:13 OS 2 KO (TR Stall)

Beat have avenge Blitz. So i have did 30 Round on this result and plus 1 more so see if it does prove anything but it doesn't it just so equal
Told you DF105 would work somehow for attack -.- and LOL at Blitz xD, but yah bro thanks for the test.
(Dec. 12, 2011  2:00 AM)J o n Wrote: Told you DF105 would work somehow for attack -.- and LOL at Blitz xD, but yah bro thanks for the test.
Not all of them can handle DF105; Mostly on stamina (eg, Phantom Duo,Basalt,Hell) but beat just avenge blitz to death lol

Ahh gotcha, by "avenge' you mean average?
I'm pretty sure he meant avenged Smile
and did you use two different CS's?
because the first was defensive, then semi-aggresive. Did it wear? Un-wear? and can somebody else please test that Beat testing? It just seems kind of unbelievable from all the other tests..and I don't have beat Unhappy