Duo Uranus Discussion

(Dec. 09, 2011  3:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: I doubt CS would make a huge difference. I'd do a BD145CS vs BD145CS matchup, but CS is too variable a part for me to trust a test like that.

And despite being low recoil, when I first tried them after getting both, they KO'd each other pretty often, so I used Metal Faces for this test. Maybe that original KOing was me launching oddly or something, IDK, but yeah.

No! I meant to say-
Death is a Defense wheel.
Death and WD do not compliment each other much.
Death and CS are destined to be used together.
So, Death + CS would be better than Death + WD.
But because all wins were by OS, replacing WD with CS would further degrade the stamina capabilities of Death.
Only if there were too many KOes, then CS would make a significant difference. Smile
Ah, yeah. But Duo actually works better for defence than Death Lips_sealed

Anyway, Duo v Basalt for Whatzzer, and Duo v Scythe for the people that would have requested that eventually.

Duo Aquario AD145WD (Stamina) vs Basalt Kerbecs AD145WD

WD’s should be about even, both are very new, swapped after 10 rounds. Kerbecs oriented as in the MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF combo thread, for best performance.

Alternating Launches, Duo launched first R1.

Duo: 14/20 = 70% (12OS, 2KO)
Basalt: 6/20 = 30% (All KO)

Duo Aquario AD145WD (Stamina) vs Scythe Aquario AD145WD (Stamina)

Same WD’s as before, swapped after 10 rounds.
Alternating Launches, Duo Launched First R1

Duo: 17/20 (85%) (15OS, 2KO)
Scythe: 3/20 (15%) (2OS, 1KO)

Basically, Duo rocks at stamina, at least on AD145WD.

I urge everyone who can to test Duo, I'd like to see it on the Competitive Combo's list ASAP, (for defence and stamina) but that only happens if there's testing from enough people (and tourney results).

So this is where Basalt falls.Yay!I love it.Now losers that use Basalt against me are gonna cry.I no longer regret buying the set.What about BGrin,th!nk?
Duo is easily one of the best wheels in the game right now. So yeah, I am happy with the purchase. I would say be careful with Duo against very skilled attack users, but on BD145CS, it outshines basically everything else in terms of traditional defense anyway.

I'm yet to really try Wing, and LDG is starting to show a bit of defensive potential (though, it's no Duo), so it's a good purchase, yes.

As for basalt, it is still a very dangerous wheel with it's ability to score neat KO's in the hands of a reasonably experienced player, and you should watch out for that at tournaments.

However, MF-H Duo Aquario TH220CS seems to laugh at basically everything Basalt can throw at it. Using it, however, makes you easy prey for MF-H Variares R145/CH145RF.

Duo Aquario BD145EDS prevents KO's from basalt stamina combo's whilst still outspinning them, but loses to MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH220CS, I have run out of time to try MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS against other basalt combo's, but it again loses to Basalt TH170CS, in the small amount of rounds I did.

That's all just impressions from short testing, so I could easily be wrong.
I wonder if Duo can be used for Attack.It may be worthless,but can you test Duo Uranus BD145RF?
i doubt it makes a good attacker since it is a goood stamina/defence MW...besides..it is circle MW...perhaps a good anti-meta..(but pointless at all since any attacker is no worth against Duo)
It's far to round to be any good at attack, and Basalt's extra weight and slightly better attack power means it is still the prime choice for anti-meta. Plus, BD145 is not an attack track.
Sorry, I will probably have to leave that test to someone else, I've still got a bunch of things to test, with LDG, RDF, and Phantom, amongst other things.
Look at Basalt.It can be used as an anti-meta.This can too,no?I'll test as soon as I get this set.No more regrets.th!nk:-Try CH120?
I am so needing a Duo for Christmas......... this thing is so far epic..... though I havent seen it perform so I cant say about Hell Libra 100 R2F being owned by it.................
It is a perfect circle. I've posted results for that hell combo here, and now in your thread.
yep, checked them both, starting to doubt if hell can crack this nut.... perfect circle heh? try MF-H Duo Aquario B: D vs MF-H Phantom Oreo B: D
I only have one BGrin, and Cancer is a better clear wheel for Phantom.

That said, I already tested them on AD145WD, and my Phantom destroyed it (though, this isn't true for everyone, weight variation plays a huge part in that matchup).
B: D vs AD145 WD? do 40 tests, 2 seperate tests so 20 with Duo on BD and 20 with Phantom on BD, see the difference
As my phantom and duo seem to be affected by a weight discrepancy, I'd rather someone else test that Tongue_out
very nice results^^, by my friend duo vs. death was an endless battle one time duo wons 1-3 times and sometimes death 1-3 times
out from my expirience duo is a little bit better in stamina than death and death a little bit better in defense so I think they are really similar wheels: low recoil, really round, aink weight, the only differnce is between the damage thing, death how you know makes a lot of damage, but increases his self stamina a little bit, duo makes lessly damage but don´t makes damage by his self so I think both will be used as much as the other one on battles

PS: on a battle, I see that once lost with duo 3:0 against an attack blade, I didn´t know which it was but it suprised me a lot, because the guy which had duo was very strong how I know and I don´t think that the with the attack balde was stronger
(Dec. 09, 2011  9:01 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: very nice results^^, by my friend duo vs. death was an endless battle one time duo wons 1-3 times and sometimes death 1-3 times
out from my expirience duo is a little bit better in stamina than death and death a little bit better in defense so I think they are really similar wheels: low recoil, really round, aink weight, the only differnce is between the damage thing, death how you know makes a lot of damage, but increases his self stamina a little bit, duo makes lessly damage but don´t makes damage by his self so I think both will be used as much as the other one on battles

Please put more effort into your posts, I cannot read this at all.
ohh okay I will make it in next time sorry^^
For what it is worth, Duo really works with BD145 Defensively, but on TH170, for example, it is pretty easy to KO, as is basically anything, using Variares or Blitz, on an appropriate track.
Oh,you would say its better than Basalt,no?So just cancel my TH170 request then,th!nk.
I will probably try to get that TH170 request done, and do a comparative test with Basalt, though it would mean using my VariAres, and that wheel and I do not work well together. I do want to see how they compare on TH170CS. Plus, I only used Duo on TH220, it may well do better on 190, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

For defense, on BD145, though, it's no contest, Duo is superior defensively, and MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS (and maybe other compatible defense tips, though I wouldn't use MB) is probably the best traditional defense combo in the game (anti-meta/anti-attack combo's may do better I guess but I'm not sure).

Though, it doesn't outclass basalt, as Basalt BD145CS can be manipulated to KO stamina types and do various things, and Duo doesn't do that kind of thing nearly as well. Basically, MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS is a much better Balance combo, whilst MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS is a much better Defence combo.
I agree.MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS is much more of a defence/stamina hybrid,due to its grinding.th!nk:-When using VariAres,bank at 80% power to control it.Works well for me.I'd be hoping good results,then.
I have plenty of control, but too little power and too much recoil, with Variares. I don't know what is wrong, but I'm working on it.

And I generally use my MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS as a defensively-focussed balance combo, I KO a lot of stuff with it.
Try ReV-Up?Or maybe your VariAres's heavy?I remember a thread in the Advanced Forums that explains 4D Metal Wheel's have different weight.
I have scales coming, and my rev-up long since broke (I am after a new one when I get the chance), but launching faster just makes it self KO more often and get KO'd harder. But I am working on it. It may be a light one, but I don't want to make excuses until I have a proper scale to weigh it.

But let's get back on topic - when you get the wheel you should do some serious testing, this thing deserves to be on the top tier list! Grin
Yesh.Throw away Basalt from Defense.I might do 230 testings if needed.Basalt deserves a spot in Balance.BTW,th!nk,does Duo wobbles?If I'm testing it,I may have limited supplies since I just restarted MFB after my beys got stolen.