Beyblade's current state in Japan- 7/07/14: Return of monthly events in Japan!

(Aug. 12, 2014  3:48 AM)Neo Wrote: Enough parts is enough parts. Seriously, I don't hope they keep it up.
I'd rather start new.

If we see anything it would be a continuation of the Zero G anime. It would make sense for Takara Tomy to announce something within the next 2 months for the Christmas season. Relaunching an entire brand right before Christmas would be bad business IMO. People are already interested in the MFB/Zero G toylines, It would only make sense to continue it. And in the future a new relaunch could work. But right now I honestly don't foresee them dropping MFB completely. We would've seen something to indicate a relaunch by now. Id expect some artwork or something. But nothing except continuing tournaments like they have since December. A continuation is coming. Just wait my friend.
i hope for the remake of Bakuten Shoot beyblade, is the best for the beyblade, the news beyblades must be as mfb but with design of the "older" beyblade mmh
At this point, even though I was not a fan of MFB, I'd take anything over nothing, as most people would.
I actually made some weird series and a weird theory that there was a fourth plastic gen series so unspeakable, it was called Beyblade Ninjas released in 2005 and the show and toys were so horrendous, Takara had financial losses, which they blamed on the poor sales of Grevolution, the reason it's hard to find was that no-one wanted to remember it.

OK it's definitely not real obviously but I always found it hilarious that there was a running gag in the series with Kai getting his head smacked by the Sensei.

That's only the tip of the iceberg and if that series was there, that is one series I would never take haha.

Sorry for being off topic again so if anyone wants to know the horrors of this PM me.
(Aug. 12, 2014  3:48 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2014  1:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We understand that you hate Metal Fight Beyblade even if it allows you to choose the height of the Beyblade among other innovations, but honestly you should be hoping for any Beyblade at all right now and I do hope you will be happy if what comes out is for some reason a continuation of something like Metal Fight Beyblade.

Enough parts is enough parts. Seriously, I don't hope they keep it up.
I'd rather start new.

Do u know how many plastics parts were released... ? Lol
(Aug. 12, 2014  3:28 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2014  3:48 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2014  1:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We understand that you hate Metal Fight Beyblade even if it allows you to choose the height of the Beyblade among other innovations, but honestly you should be hoping for any Beyblade at all right now and I do hope you will be happy if what comes out is for some reason a continuation of something like Metal Fight Beyblade.

Enough parts is enough parts. Seriously, I don't hope they keep it up.
I'd rather start new.

Do u know how many plastics parts were released... ? Lol

Not forgetting that they re-released something like Polta and called it Spark Knight, it's more inconsistent than MFB.
More Parts are a good thing. People are always saying they like plastics more because the wide variety of parts .
In regards to Christmas, TakaraTomy could care less about a western holiday (they're Japanese). If anything it's a "Hallmark Holiday" celebrated by couples - no large scale gift giving and all the kids have school / adults have work on 12/25 in Japan.

Given the long time that has passed since the last Beyblade was released (what is it, almost two years now), it's obvious that either:

A) a completely new series is coming, or

B) Beyblade is done in Japan and won't see anymore anime / toys

Think about it from a business & marketing perspective - NO PRODUCT leaves the retail market for a year or more only to return in similar (identical) form to when it left. It's going to be a fourth generation (plastics, HMS, MFB) and TakaraTomy will take it's time. How long passed between HMS and MFB? 4 years iirc, so best to strap in and hope that fourth generation does eventually come.

I've said it before, but I've a sinking suspicion it's not going to come back. The tournaments are probably held to clear out inventory of Beyblades / accessories that might otherwise go unsold. IF they do come back then I'm guessing the theme will be drastic changes to the stadium. Or since they've used metal and plastic, maybe it will be FRS (Fun Rubber System) or LCB (Linen Cloth Beyblade).
You all did say that stores did not sell any Beyblades anymore, so the tournaments could not possibly be to sell any leftover stock ...

Also, I do not know personally, but from everything I have ever researched about Beyblade, Christmas did seem like a big season, and Brad even mentioned that New Year was however the biggest holiday between the two for the Japanese.
(Aug. 15, 2014  1:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You all did say that stores did not sell any Beyblades anymore, so the tournaments could not possibly be to sell any leftover stock ...

Also, I do not know personally, but from everything I have ever researched about Beyblade, Christmas did seem like a big season, and Brad even mentioned that New Year was however the biggest holiday between the two for the Japanese.

Brad is right about New Years. I will try to dig into it this week and maybe ask some friends in Japan. I'm perhaps a bit of a pessimist...I do feel a bit let down by TakaraTomy though.

I think though that the format has to change since Synchrome couldn't really be furthered from a component standpoint (triple metal not being possible using current construction). I wonder if a universal spin track design would be possible to accomodate parts from plastic, HMS, and MFB...?

Traditional beygoma are carved from rocks. imagine the precious gem special editions they could do with that!
All just speculation - apologies for off-topic.
(Aug. 15, 2014  1:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You all did say that stores did not sell any Beyblades anymore, so the tournaments could not possibly be to sell any leftover stock ...

If stores are not selling Beyblades anymore, than the tournaments are probably to help keep interest in the hobby from dying completely during this hiatus. I imagine that Takara doesn't want to abandon their fans, at the very least.

Christmas is more of a holiday for couples in Japan. Most family's do celebrate it, and many exchange presents, but I think toy companies like Takara are probably planning more to try and bank off New Year's, since most kids are given money at that time.
Well, not updated on the official Beyblade website, but there are tournaments coming up in September and October in Toyseltown, a rather big toy store in Japan.
http://www.toyseltown.com/user_data/event.php
I'm all set for a trip to japan in The first half of November - I'll see what I can find out and report back. I Still can't find any interest in spinning a poseable action figure so hopefully news breaks sometime soon!

PS - I'm not there to hunt / buy so please no requests!
(Sep. 26, 2014  5:55 AM)sporkseller Wrote: I'm all set for a trip to japan in The first half of November - I'll see what I can find out and report back.

Don't get sick or radiated, the east isn't exactly the healthiest place right now.
Good luck on your adventure!
East Japan? You mean Fukushima right? The place of the nuclear fallout three or two years ago?

Anyway, I'm watching from inactivity for any reported activity on Beyblade. If there's a new series then I will jump back to action once it hits my country.
(Oct. 09, 2014  4:29 PM)RDF3 Wrote: East Japan? You mean Fukushima right? The place of the nuclear fallout three or two years ago?

Anyway, I'm watching from inactivity for any reported activity on Beyblade. If there's a new series then I will jump back to action once it hits my country.

yeah i am.. Uncertain
but yeah im also waiting for new releases. apparently old school Digimon just became big again in japan. so hopefully beyblade can make a little comeback.
I checked the wbba website (autocorrect tried to type ABBA, chuckle at that) and there are no official events scheduled. I asked about half a dozen toy stores and none of them knew of a coming Beyblade release. "We don't have them at all. We will get them if something new comes out"

Wish I could go to TakaraTomy with press credentials, but unfortunately I have very little to report other than Nintendo seems to be involved in a project (according to the father of an ex girlfriend I met up with while in Kyoto) and I speculate that it will be akin to skylanders where the bey appears on a screen to allow remote battles. Sounds a bit cheesy, but might be cool if they did it right.

Beyblade toys are available only in secondary markets or online toy shops right now in Japan.

Reinventing a toy-line takes time. But I am 90% sure we haven't seen the last of the mainline toys. I did pick up a beyraiderz set for $9 at target and oh boy I can't wait until such 'fill-ins' are once again unneeded. The stadium is pretty nice though!

I really believe there will be a digital element to the next series. Why would that guy lie to his daughter!? Admittedly though, she'd have more than enough reason to lie to me ;-)
It would be nice to expand the BeyPointer idea, and go through with a Device for Beyblade.
Possibly a digital Wrist type launcher, no?
Digital, like maybe "materializing" beyblades in the anime to pair with the toys.
(Nov. 20, 2014  2:59 PM)Neo Wrote: It would be nice to expand the BeyPointer idea, and go through with a Device for Beyblade.
Digital, like maybe "materializing" beyblades in the anime to pair with the toys.

Wait, you mean like Beyblades are digital and not physical objects?

If so, then that's what I also said ha! Though I doubt it would sell well.
(Nov. 20, 2014  5:47 AM)sporkseller Wrote: Wish I could go to TakaraTomy with press credentials, but unfortunately I have very little to report other than Nintendo seems to be involved in a project (according to the father of an ex girlfriend I met up with while in Kyoto) and I speculate that it will be akin to skylanders where the bey appears on a screen to allow remote battles. Sounds a bit cheesy, but might be cool if they did it right.

That's interesting. Makes me wonder what it is exactly Nintendo has in the works right now to take advantage of NFC technology. They're pushing Amiibo a lot right now.

(Nov. 20, 2014  5:47 AM)sporkseller Wrote: Reinventing a toy-line takes time. But I am 90% sure we haven't seen the last of the mainline toys. I did pick up a beyraiderz set for $9 at target and oh boy I can't wait until such 'fill-ins' are once again unneeded. The stadium is pretty nice though!

I really believe there will be a digital element to the next series. Why would that guy lie to his daughter!? Admittedly though, she'd have more than enough reason to lie to me ;-)

Yeah, absolutely. The core idea Beyblade is based upon is timeless, and it has been successful for TAKARA-TOMY in both iterations of the series, so there's no doubt that it'll be back.

Ha, well maybe it isn't far-fetched. There was even a "digital element" present this time around for Hasbro with Beybladebattles.com.

(Nov. 20, 2014  2:59 PM)Neo Wrote: It would be nice to expand the BeyPointer idea, and go through with a Device for Beyblade.

Might not be a bad idea. I'm always amazed by how many kids ask me about my BeyPointers at tournaments, to this day.
(Nov. 20, 2014  7:15 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

Wait, you mean like Beyblades are digital and not physical objects?

If so, then that's what I also said ha! Though I doubt it would sell well.

No, in the anime they would be like data things.
They'd obviously be toys, irl.

(Nov. 21, 2014  3:27 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2014  5:47 AM)sporkseller Wrote: Wish I could go to TakaraTomy with press credentials, but unfortunately I have very little to report other than Nintendo seems to be involved in a project (according to the father of an ex girlfriend I met up with while in Kyoto) and I speculate that it will be akin to skylanders where the bey appears on a screen to allow remote battles. Sounds a bit cheesy, but might be cool if they did it right.

That's interesting. Makes me wonder what it is exactly Nintendo has in the works right now to take advantage of NFC technology. They're pushing Amiibo a lot right now.

(Nov. 20, 2014  5:47 AM)sporkseller Wrote: Reinventing a toy-line takes time. But I am 90% sure we haven't seen the last of the mainline toys. I did pick up a beyraiderz set for $9 at target and oh boy I can't wait until such 'fill-ins' are once again unneeded. The stadium is pretty nice though!

Yeah, absolutely. The core idea Beyblade is based upon is timeless, and it has been successful for TAKARA-TOMY in both iterations of the series, so there's no doubt that it'll be back.

Ha, well maybe it isn't far-fetched. There was even a "digital element" present this time around for Hasbro with Beybladebattles.com.

Might not be a bad idea. I'm always amazed by how many kids ask me about my BeyPointers at tournaments, to this day.
Ditch the stupid web games:
And add a Bey-Ta-esque arcade unit (Target, Walmart) where you could upload Beypoints and be a world ranking, or local ranking.
Would be actually feasible as a more mature version of Beyblade; not so..kiddy.
Toys R Us doesn't carry Beyblade at any local stores here in Indiana. They only have clearance on BeyRaiderZ. Target still has a large supply.
I have no idea why Toys "R" Us seems not to restock on Beyblade items; meanwhile, Wal-Mart and Target sure are getting profit on them and order new stock ...

By the way, I read that, in Japan, Beyblade was already declining back in 2012, and the interest was just saved thanks to the world championship that was hosted that year. I think, knowing that, that it may have been too audacious for TAKARA-TOMY to introduce Zero-G Stadiums after that.
Ah I see. I'm still going with "Beyblade Battle Network" lol, though that's probably it's dub name, and I should draw what I think the characters would be like in a poster haha.

Yeah I actually want beyblade to be that tone, kinda like Danball Senki tone at times, that's what I tried doing in my fan series, well not so far but soon. Anyways, I would like to see a return of Zero G despite me hating the show, but that's unlikely as they would have done it to HMS too. I do hope Beyblade comes back at least in 2020 as an annerversary series.