Beyblade's current state in Japan- 7/07/14: Return of monthly events in Japan!

Damn, well, I'm not anywhere near ready for a new beyblade series.
Mixed blessing to me.

As a Beyblade and Transformers collector, I can get this. The popularity of the new Age of Extinction movie and all of those Takara limited Black Knight and other sets definitely helped them. Seeing as they help a lot with Transformers, it's a shame if they aren't making more profit or doing super well.

Yet, as a Beyblade fan, it makes me a bit happy to see how much the brand affected the company. It's clear that when it was out, it made significant profit for TT.
Quote:you have a first-mould Aries Wheel. In 2010 it was worth over 200 dollars. You may have kept it, thinking that it would be worth triple that if you waited a few more years. But guess what ? That Aries is worth barely 20 dollars today for some weird reasons.

Uh, the "weird reason" is that they re-released it. Not exactly the same, but close enough for most people. And of course, since Beyblade is less popular right now, price goes down with demand.

If they canceled Beyblade it was because it wasn't selling enough to justify investing in it, so the problem isn't that they stopped making Beyblade, but that they're unable to maintain its momentum.
Even if they were unable to maintain it's momentum, I do wonder why they chose to pull the plug on the upcoming Zero-G releases they had already planned and designed (Berserker Byakko, Guardian Garudas, Phantom Fenrir, etc.); the outlook for the profitability of those releases must have looked pretty bleak for them to throw out finished designs/products. If not, I don't get why they would stop. They even continued hosting official tournaments (as is described in this thread here) for a long time after BBG-27 was released, which makes the move even more puzzling.

And then there's Hasbro, who was still in the midst of releasing Zero-G as Shogun Steel when BBG-27 came out from TAKARA-TOMY, yet they never picked up those releases (except in their side series, BeyWarriors).
This is more of Korea than Japan, but did we know about this set ?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321651796935?nav=SEARCH
I feel like I've seen it before along with some other Toys R Us exclusives towards the end of 4D.
It's weird they put Capricorn in its own box but the others together. Thats leftover stock at its finest lol.
Yo guys, this could be anything, but not much has B in its name among TAKARA-TOMY's toylines and all of their Beyblade lines were called "ProjectBB1" etc., so do not get your hopes too up, but I will post this here just in case it actually is something interesting for us in the end :

It has a countdown to April 15th 2015.

It is just weird or disheartening to us because they mention that it is a "new" project ... The graphics and animation also seem more Transformers-like.

What the four characters below the coloured bars say is : "instinct awakening".
(Apr. 08, 2015  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo guys, this could be anything, but not much has B in its name among TAKARA-TOMY's toylines and all of their Beyblade lines were called "ProjectBB1" etc., so do not get your hopes too up, but I will post this here just in case it actually is something interesting for us in the end :

It has a countdown to April 15th 2015.

It is just weird or disheartening to us because they mention that it is a "new" project ... The graphics and animation also seem more Transformers-like.

What the four characters below the coloured bars say is : "instinct awakening".

I hope that is Beyblade
It could easily be Beyblade. The colors in the end were the colors of Attack, Stamina, Balance, and Defense from MFB. I mean unless it's B as in B-Daman or a new toyline, definitely might be Beyblade.
(Apr. 08, 2015  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo guys, this could be anything, but not much has B in its name among TAKARA-TOMY's toylines and all of their Beyblade lines were called "ProjectBB1" etc., so do not get your hopes too up, but I will post this here just in case it actually is something interesting for us in the end :

It could be BattleBeasts (Beastformers), it could be B-Daman, it could be anything. Let's jsut hope that it's Beyblade (Although it is doubtful)

Edit: @[Leone19] Interesting observation. For that matter, the rings around the center throughout the video reminded me of the edge of a Beyblade. Still, neither of those could mean anything for all we know.
Maybe it will be a new franchise that is similar to Beyblade (NOT as in spinning tops but as in as a toyline franchise).
The "B" logo does look suited for a beyblade series but I honestly hope it's not.

I'm just not ready for a new series just yet.
I'm thinking this "B" project will probably be something for Transformers because like Kai-V said, the graphics and animation is very Transformer-like. Also, Transformers is still on-going (I think... I'm not sure as I don't collect Transformers but they have been around) whilst Beyblade has died twice (Well... they didn't die, they just delayed... for a very long time).

But if it is a new Beyblade series, I am betting it will be an RC System much like Momohimi's fan series (before he delayed it).
I doubt that it's Beyblade. And honestly, as much as I am looking forward to a new series, I think it's too soon for it right now anyways.
It's been 2 or 3 years since the last release in Japan, right? If anything, maybe it's just the "teaser" for a new series, potentially, if it turns out to be anything.

Really doubt it's Transformers because the only series being released by Takara this year is Adventure, Q, Unite, and Masterpiece.

If it's not Beyblade, I'd think it'd be a new brand or something. Watch it actually being called Project B, haha.
(Apr. 08, 2015  8:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If anything, maybe it's just the "teaser" for a new series, potentially, if it turns out to be anything.

Several years back when B-Daman was in the middle of it's hiatus Takara released a few new ones. This was still before MFB came to the west, although I'm not sure exactly when. I wouldn't be surprised if Takara tried something like that with Beyblade.
(Apr. 08, 2015  9:04 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2015  8:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If anything, maybe it's just the "teaser" for a new series, potentially, if it turns out to be anything.

Several years back when B-Daman was in the middle of it's hiatus Takara released a few new ones. This was still before MFB came to the west, although I'm not sure exactly when. I wouldn't be surprised if Takara tried something like that with Beyblade.

I could but I couldn't see this. I feel like B-Daman is a bit different in the sense that it's more or less the same concept of the marble-shooting figure (not to offend and fans since Beyblade is the same concept over and over as well, haha), but I mean it in the sense of I feel it'd be more difficult to design a potentially new Beyblade system just for a few releases before a reboot/ new generation.

Since this trailer clearly is advertising something new, I'm leaning towards a new toyline, but I really hope it's Beyblade.
(Apr. 09, 2015  1:39 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I could but I couldn't see this. I feel like B-Daman is a bit different in the sense that it's more or less the same concept of the marble-shooting figure (not to offend and fans since Beyblade is the same concept over and over as well, haha), but I mean it in the sense of I feel it'd be more difficult to design a potentially new Beyblade system just for a few releases before a reboot/ new generation.

Since this trailer clearly is advertising something new, I'm leaning towards a new toyline, but I really hope it's Beyblade.

I think B-Daman is similar to Beyblade in that not every series is compatible with each other for customization, but I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure what I remember was a release for two new Metal B-Daman well after the series had ended.

Hey, maybe it's not even a new series. Maybe they're just announcing the long-awaited anime for that rubber band-shooting toy that Kai-V posted about a while back! Oh man, I've been dying for them to make it into an anime, it's a dream come true! Grin
Just look at the font on the 'B' It looks related to Beyblade. I'll look forward to the 15th, alongside Mewtwo.
Even though I still think this isn't Beyblade, it is worth noting:

1. Adachi Takafumi shared this video on his Facebook page.

2. It was literally seven years to the day (April 8th, 2008) Takara first announced Metal Fight Beyblade when they launched the Project B video the other day on April 8th, 2015. Look at the date Tototototototo posted the thread about the announcement of Metal Fight Beyblade, and the date on the Anime News Network article he links to: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-t...orthcoming Probably just a coincidence, but ...
Despite the odds being mixed, with all of these "coincidences", it definitely makes you wonder.
(Apr. 11, 2015  6:24 PM)Kei Wrote: Even though I still think this isn't Beyblade, it is worth noting:

1. Adachi Takafumi shared this video on his Facebook page.

2. It was literally seven years to the day (April 8th, 2008) Takara first announced Metal Fight Beyblade when they launched the Project B video the other day on April 8th, 2015. Look at the date Tototototototo posted the thread about the announcement of Metal Fight Beyblade, and the date on the Anime News Network article he links to: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-t...orthcoming Probably just a coincidence, but ...

Even if it's not Beyblade, it could be another project that he is involved in. If Takara liked his work on Beyblade, I don't see why they wouldn't approach him for another franchise in the future. Or maybe one of his colleagues was signed on. Hell, maybe he just wants to know what the heck it is.

That timing definitely is odd. It is probably a coincidence, like you said, but if all of this happens and it doesn't turn out to be Beyblade I'm going to be a little mad, haha. Whatever it is, I just hope it's something cool.
Please... PLEASE BE BEYBLADES!!! I will die if they aren't Beyblades!!!

Seriously, I highly doubt it is Beyblade as it feels too sudden. I also bet it will be those rubber band shooters Kai-V posted a while back or even B-Daman. It is possible Adachi Takafumi will write a manga for those rubber band shooter things.

If it is Beyblade, they might either be making a new system or POSSIBLY reviving Zero G (If they do then I pray the anime will be better). If it is Zero G then we may get more exciting parts and CWs.
Maybe it's like how MFB were first released, an anime never happened for a year, it could be the same with the rubber band guns.