watch out kei im taking your burst title

oof thats a longshot
(Dec. 06, 2021  7:30 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2021  3:08 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: lack of leaderboard resets
What’s lack of leaderboard resets?

It means that someone starting in, say, 2019 will have to work a lot harder to catch up with the ranking of someone who started when burst first came out. Since the ranks don't reset, it's nearly impossible to catch up to someone who's been playing (and winning!) for many years.
(Dec. 08, 2021  3:45 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2021  7:30 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: What’s lack of leaderboard resets?

It means that someone starting in, say, 2019 will have to work a lot harder to catch up with the ranking of someone who started when burst first came out. Since the ranks don't reset, it's nearly impossible to catch up to someone who's been playing (and winning!) for many years.
Good point! But now that you bring that up, I’m gonna just give 2 examples, forgive me if I shouldn’t have mentioned their names, but Justin TC and henwooja1 both joined just a couple years ago and are in the top 3. So that just goes to show it’s nearly impossible but not completely impossible.
(Dec. 08, 2021  3:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2021  3:45 AM)BladerGem Wrote: It means that someone starting in, say, 2019 will have to work a lot harder to catch up with the ranking of someone who started when burst first came out. Since the ranks don't reset, it's nearly impossible to catch up to someone who's been playing (and winning!) for many years.
Good point! But now that you bring that up, I’m gonna just give 2 examples, forgive me if I shouldn’t have mentioned their names, but Justin TC and henwooja1 both joined just a couple years ago and are in the top 3. So that just goes to show it’s nearly impossible but not completely impossible.

To be fair, they both live in one of the most active beyblade communities on the planet (Toronto) so I'm not too surprised. When you're attending multiple tournaments per month, you're almost guaranteed to hit the top in no time.
(Dec. 08, 2021  4:59 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2021  3:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Good point! But now that you bring that up, I’m gonna just give 2 examples, forgive me if I shouldn’t have mentioned their names, but Justin TC and henwooja1 both joined just a couple years ago and are in the top 3. So that just goes to show it’s nearly impossible but not completely impossible.

To be fair, they both live in one of the most active beyblade communities on the planet (Toronto) so I'm not too surprised. When you're attending multiple tournaments per month, you're almost guaranteed to hit the top in no time.

Pre-Covid the Toronto scene was booming with events, so it isn't that hard to win and rank up pretty fast, that is not to undermine both Henwooja's and Justin's good work but there are factors that contribute.