{vote NOW!} DeX vs beybladepotter!(again!)

well, we both sent our entries thru PM's, so here we go!

its a freestyle battle!

ENTRY 1

[Image: ContestDeX.png]

ENTRY 2

[Image: captain-america.png]

let the voting begin!

NOTE:
to Kojo and Alekon: please, no harsh comments. give constructive criticism, and Pls., stop spamming this forum. we got our own set of rules
both the entries are awesome , renders are good , effects are good too , background is awesome of both . i m really confused and cannot decide whom to vote . i will going to vote later after seeing other members comments.
well hmm

#1: Lighting? Uhh random blurred c4d o.O and smudge is the only thing going for u. BG needs work

#2: Too monotoned. Random scanlines. No flow or compo. Random efx. LQ render.

Tbh, both are not so good. But #1 GMV
(Jul. 26, 2011  1:28 PM)KojoGFXr Wrote: well hmm

#1: Lighting? Uhh random blurred c4d o.O and smudge is the only thing going for u. BG needs work

#2: Too monotoned. Random scanlines. No flow or compo. Random efx. LQ render.

Tbh, both are not so good. But #1 GMV

good. you didn't give harsh comments.

1:1
2:0
i vote for one as it is not monotoned and the scan lines are wierd too they look different from mine also entry one has flow.
First : C4D is blurred which is not nice. It would have been better if the render would be placed in a little right. Lighting needs work and the background is nice.

Second : Use of scanlines , its actually pretty bad so remove them. Render placement is bad and there's too much of blue contrast , it looks like the burn tool has been used a lot. Needs work in lighting too.

#1 GMV.
I vote one there is something to 2 that hurts my eyes and one looks a little better...
All of these critics will help me in the future. Thanks a lot...
1:4
2:0

quite disappointing, isn't it?
Entry 1 has nice flow, and it stands out, also there are small things hidden, which is cool, but the lighting could be improved.

Entry 2 is nice but slightly dark, and the scan lines IMO don't really go with the flow of the design, there is a over use of burn.

I go for Entry 1.
5 - 0.

Well , quite disappointing for entry 2.
It's pretty easy to figure out who's is who's.

1.The background uses good colours that work well together. The C4D is pretty pointless, you can remove it and it won't effect the image in anyway. Again I'm not sure what the blue smudge is for and instead you could have used the space for something more binding.

2.Strong colour used through out tying background and character together. Scan lines are normally used on the soft light or overlay style to give some effect but not interfere with the image.

I vote for 2
I vote for 1 it has a great style.
The person who made Entry 2 clearly did not take the advice I gave them in the General GFX Thread.

Definitely Entry 1, it has an attempt of smudge, bad is the C4D, work on it.
Entry 1. Entry 2's lines are really distracting and hurts my eyes. Entry 1 has a cool background
I vote for entry 1 because I like the nice fade on Gohan. I dislike entry 2 because it has weird lines that distract me from the image. It's good, but it does not appeal to me. I probably would have voted for 2 if it wasn't for the weird lines.
DeX, I meant entry 1 on my vote, just edited it. So if you already had put my vote in, change it.
What's up with the scanlines in entry 2? They should have been at a very low opacity, if you were going to use them like that. So, Entry 1 gets my vote.