social or hiddin life

My family, or at least close family, is aware of several of my hobbies, Beyblade included. My fiancée shares the interest, but does not actually Beyblade.

In general, though, I don't tell many people much about my life or hobbies at all, outside of the closer portions of my family and friends.
Hiddin sounds like something you'd do in the hood, rite?

I just tell people. I made a woodwork project for beyblade, everyone in my class knew. Then I beat a kid in arm wrestling who supposedly is too tough to beat. Beyblade was 'sick' from then on, haha.

It's not the sort of thing like "hey wuddup." "nothin, I like beyblade"

Just gets brought up if it gets brought up.

i dont really talk about beyblade outside of home

the people at my school are....... critical but thats not the main reason i just dont like talking about mah hobbies that much

only about 2 friends of mine know i play beyblades its just not a huge factor outside my house
(Oct. 21, 2010  1:36 AM)darkwolfff Wrote: well i am a big anime fan but being with the popular 7th grad friends i have and playing with tops aren't a good match.
my exact problem but I have three things that might make me get fun of, video games beyblade and anime (why are kids so mean? I really like this stuff)

I let certain people know but everyone else has now clue that I like them ,f you were to say that I did to 1 of them they would think your crazy.
(Sep. 26, 2011  12:39 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Then I beat a kid in arm wrestling who supposedly is too tough to beat. Beyblade was 'sick' from then on, haha.

maks lojicul cense.
I tell my two best friends, who I got into Beyblade, but nobody else. I used to be completely open, but I ended up having my modified Earth Bull, which had an HMS WD on ED145, thrown at my face. My mom didn't care that my nose bled like hell, but instead, she got mad at me for bringing the bey. So, new school, new start. I may occasionally have the WBO up on a school computer, but most people think I'm just your average writing nerd.
My friends dont give a carp...
i somehow made it look "cool"

...Im confused...
(Sep. 26, 2011  12:39 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Hiddin sounds like something you'd do in the hood, rite?

I just tell people. I made a woodwork project for beyblade, everyone in my class knew. Then I beat a kid in arm wrestling who supposedly is too tough to beat. Beyblade was 'sick' from then on, haha.

It's not the sort of thing like "hey wuddup." "nothin, I like beyblade"

Just gets brought up if it gets brought up.

Yeah, I mean I don't really care what people say, but they don't bring up the topic that much.
People at my school think beyblade is the nerdiest thing in the world, so I keep it hidden. Only my cousins and 2 of my friends know it besides my family.
Nerdiest thing in the world? I'm sorry but that just shows how the kids there (or at any state) live very little outside of TV and bad music. What about shutter "glasses"?

I never even discussed my hobby back in High School. Except on a few occasions with the ACCEPTING Juniors or Freshman.
If it comes up, I'm not afraid to say I like it. Who cares if I like Beyblade? It's just another anime that happens to have a toy line.
If you are good at something else that is respectable (in my case soccer and school) people don't care what you like and what you don't. That's the case at my school.
It is somewhat hidden, but if asked about my hobbies, I'm open about it. Take my health teacher as an example: he has us fill out anonymous cards with our hobbies, then asks about them later. He asked about Beyblade, so I said, "I like Beyblade." It didn't cause a stir. But then again, my school's accepting about whatever you like, really. That, and I'm already seen as a nerd, because I don't like sports. I can't really "damage my reputation" with that. I don't care too much, either.
A few people know I'm okay at karate and are intimidated of me. But, I remember that one kid said he liked beyblade, after that year he left and I've never seen him again. I now know not to mention it. Unhappy
My friends know that i'm a blader. Some of them think it's a little odd, but they love me for who I am - oddities and all.
Well I'm glade so many people are open to telling people they bey, it might influence other people to do it to someday.
i'm fine with my life, firends with pretty much everyone, and they don't care i'm a blader, some come to watch me at tourneys, and they want me to go to the world championship (never told em I didn't know of one)
.. I have a secret disgusting,gaming and unusual life.
One of my brother's friend found out about the WBO. He asked me for the website on Facebook chat and I didn't tell him, I sort of feel guilty for that.