social or hiddin life

(Nov. 10, 2010  3:13 AM)Jacksonian Wrote: My bud and i both got back into them after i brought up if he ever heard of them, this was back in Febuary methinks, but anyways I have quite a few friends that i tell about beyblades also i have afew that blade as well. WARNING OFF TOPIC> So if your going to the bey tournament in Roseville CA then I will meet you there with some of them

Sorry but I'm almost sure I can not come to that tournament.
(Oct. 22, 2010  2:33 PM)galaxy epic Wrote: yheah,me to.i tell my freinds about them.sometimes there like"oh yhea!I used to have those!"and other times...."beygul?beychop?cookie?"

why would they bring up cookies even though cookies = EP1C
It depends, all my best friends know that I like it. And they have no problem with that, as for my other friends, some know, and some don't. They also don't mind. If someone asked me if I liked it, I'd say yes. It doesn't matter what others think anyway Tongue_out.
No one out of my group of friends know that I like to beyblade, watch anime, or anything like that. It's just another hobby.
i usally dont tell people but i told my friends recently and they love it OFF TOPIC 1 SAVED UP AND BOUGHT A MERCURY ANUBIS
Why are you 'warning' people of impending off-topic-ness.
It won't save you from being reprimanded.
I've told a few of my friends that I'm starting to get into beyblading again. I've only brought it up to the ones that I knew would think it was kind of cool in a "lol those things were so cool when I was a kid" kind of way. But I wouldn't have a problem telling the rest of my friends if it came up. They're good enough friends and we're all dorky enough that they wouldn't care XD And no offense to anyone by the latter statement. I usually use words like "dork" and "weird" as compliments. But I would encourage all of you who're afraid to tell their friends to tell them with confidence, and be able to laugh at yourself for it. As long as you don't make a big deal about it and don't talk about it all the time, they shouldn't care. And if they start being jerks and it goes beyond some playful teasing, then it's likely you need to get new friends. And trust me...popularity doesn't matter XD at all. And I think most of the other 16+ year olds on here will tell you the same thing. Unless you have absolutely zero good friends irl, conformity isn't worth it.
i started blading way back when the original show started all my friends knew i was just a kid and i didnt know much but as i got older i saw friends giving up on beyblading but it didnt stop me i practised everyday the show finished and went on hiatus for 3 years and i launched at least once everyday in those three years i already knew the metalfight/fusion was coming out and still used my old beys and iv got a friend who disapeared from the beyworld for a while to return and battle with me and my leone i have loads but leone is my favourite i dont care how much people think of me if i like something il do it if people call me childish il tell them to look at them selfs and because im 17 now alot of people call me childish but that doesnt bother me il still be doing this probably into my 30s because this is more than just a game to me its a journey!.
I'm considered lucky to some of you. My really close friend ( close as in friendship and distance ) plays Beyblade along with his brother. So we usually talk about it on the bus. Other him only a few people know (3-4). So I'm in between.
Usually these issues happen in school life , when everyone grows up & go to colleges everyone [ at least here in india ] don't try to be popular , they only try to show smartness to impress a boy or a girl , but i have no probs expressing my bey love , last week me n my bey hater friend went to a mall to see a movie , i kept him waiting to just check out a toy store to see which beys they have , when i came out he didn't seem to mind & we continued on discussing other topics , another friend i have seems to be a bit afraid to express his bey love , nevertheless i don't even mind expressing i love beyblade if someday i am told you will be fired for having childish hobbies [ hypothetically speaking of course ] i am not doing any jobs currently
The other half of me is like celeb talk and music.
You know all those things in teen magazines.
Part of it is just school.
Everyone knows that I enjoy playing beyblade, but no one talks about me for playing it(I kinda grew a reputation at school for people being scared of me when I haven't even done anything to them.)
(May. 02, 2011  7:08 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: (I kinda grew a reputation at school for people being scared of me when I haven't even done anything to them.)

(May. 02, 2011  6:24 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Now I want to bite you to death.

I said that it would solve almost every problem. Somebody should try it, your fist can be very handy when you come across a person that wants trouble. That's why it's my greatest possession.

I can't imagine why.
Vongola, you're getting owned on so many levels. Don't mess with Brad. But some of my friends know I play, one of mine still plays but he's not talking to me since my Basalt and Meteo came because he's jealous of me. Another of my friends played during the V series, and likes launching my beys now, and the others are okay with it. I mostly just call my beys 'tops' when I'm around others that I know wouldn't approve, like my English teacher. XD
(May. 02, 2011  8:16 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Vongola, you're getting owned on so many levels. Don't mess with Brad. But some of my friends know I play, one of mine still plays but he's not talking to me since my Basalt and Meteo came because he's jealous of me. Another of my friends played during the V series, and likes launching my beys now, and the others are okay with it. I mostly just call my beys 'tops' when I'm around others that I know wouldn't approve, like my English teacher. XD

I didn't get owned and I didn't mess with Bey Brad.
I was referring to the second quote dude, where you wanted to bite him to death. In most people's books, that counts as messing with someone.
(Oct. 21, 2010  1:21 AM)stormaries8862 Wrote: my beyblade life is not known to my friends,my friends would think its dorky and laugh at me...i really wish they werent such jerks Unhappy

correct dude i also have same prob and my school friends tease me tooUnhappy
they're not friends then
its not hidden.
Everyone knows I Beyblade. My girlfriend hates it, actually. She tells me to stop being a dork all the time. I tell her to love me for who I am and what I do or find a new lover.
Hah, my girlfriend tolerates it. I'm pretty much reiterating what I've said before but I'm open about it with my friends, and quite a few of them play with me every now and again. However a few do find it really childish, but they just laugh it off really.
well its been like a year since i got on WBO and i want to say a year later everyone know i collect beyblades and play with them, and there cool with it. lifes funner when you have more blader friends!
Nobody except three of my friends know that I blade, and they think they are cool. I haven't thought about telling others, but I'm not sure if I will.
I keep it hidden, but I keep going on some of my WBO friend's facebook profile during free time for some reason.
i used to do the same cookies^^, well i thought of it in to ways, one people will laugh at you, or two they wont care. its a risk but i ended up fine so lucky me!