queensland beyblader

We could have a tournament at Supanova Festival....
maybe in brisbane supernova
Yeah, I think thats around November 11 or something.
but ill be looking at all the shiny anime at NOVA we need some where less crowed aswell
Although if we have some where with people it will give beyblade publicity. Also people will be watching,which would be cool.
it good and bad in in a way, good: beyblades will get publicity. bad: it may get to crowd to move and play.
and also u still need to buy $30 to get in supernova and i volunteer for nova so it hard to find time to do anything
Oh ok. But we could just ask the organizers to mark off the area. Also you dont have to spend all of your time doing volunteering.
with bey day coming up you could host a free tourney somewhere i suppose we can do it at nova but the problem is the space we need in nova and are people willing to pay 30 dollars for nova to get to the tourney
it easier having a tourament at roma st parkland where it free then paying $30 for supernova
Thirty dollars is really a fraud.

It would just add to Australia's reputation though, hah.
(May. 12, 2012  4:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Thirty dollars is really a fraud.

It would just add to Australia's reputation though, hah.

Yeah, even I've considered hosting at a Convention but the entry fees are stupid, like everything in Australia.
I don't think hosting a tournament outside or inside Supanova is such a great idea. If the tournament is inside Supanova that means persons will need to pay an extra $30 just to get to the location of the event, let alone attend the tournament. As a consequence a person attending the tournament will need to pay $35 - $40 for the combined entry cost of both Supanova and the tournament, this is providing that the tournament entry fee is $5 -$10.

In extension the persons who will be attending don't have a large disposable income to begin with, by hosting the tournament inside the convention centre it will isolate a large majority of persons who would like to attend, simply due financial reasons. Keep in mind this isn't calculating costs of transport to and from the event and the cost of food.

This next point I'm not as sure about, you may want to look into it. I don't think you will be able to host the tournament in Supanova or outside on the grounds of the RNA showgrounds due to legal reasons. Even though you are simply hosting a Beyblade tournament, there will be an exchange of money with persons purchasing participation into the tournament. For this reason you probably won't be able to conduct the tournament on RNA showgrounds. Whilst if you would like the tournament to be hosted inside Supanova you will need to gain permission from event organizers or pay a fee.

I suggest a council park since you will be able to decrease you overheads.

Newbeyblader, if you do decide to host a tournament quite soon give me a message on facebook. Plus if you are in need of a proper stadium I can provide since I'm more than happy to help Smile
Usually, if a tournament is held at a convention and that it has such a high entry fee, the World Beyblade Organization's own entry fee does not exist.
Ever thought about Shopping centers? Like EB games at carandale, they had a yu-gi-oh tournament a while ago and it was set up by a small yu-gi-oh Facebook group
toyworld or toy r us would be the best places to do something like beyblade
(May. 23, 2012  7:18 AM)newbeyblader Wrote: toyworld or toy r us would be the best places to do something like beyblade

Toy world would be better
(May. 23, 2012  7:18 AM)newbeyblader Wrote: toyworld or toy r us would be the best places to do something like beyblade

They have things with Hasbro already, and those things would basically prevent them allowing the use of anything but Hasbro equipment, at least, I'm pretty sure of that.
I know the manager at capalaba Toyworld here in Brisbane and she said that if Toyworld was to host tourneys then they would have to order stadiums but most small touwptlds don't sells stadiums, only really big ones do
Lol what just happened? Toyworld*
(May. 23, 2012  10:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: They have things with Hasbro already, and those things would basically prevent them allowing the use of anything but Hasbro equipment, at least, I'm pretty sure of that.

They would actually not allow any tournaments outside of Hasbro's on their territory.
Well toy world hasn't hold tourneys yet so we might be able to do TT but we would probs have to set up the whole tourney and use our own BB-10s
We could get a bunch of Queenslanders to go to the toys r us tournament. Then we could crush the n0obs.
(Jun. 21, 2012  4:45 AM)Blazeburn Wrote: We could get a bunch of Queenslanders to go to the toys r us tournament. Then we could crush the n0obs.

Or kindly recruit them for a tournament.
I would really like a tournament in brisbane i would defiently go it would be my first one and i would help supply one ring =)
All i know is that i'm from Brisbane so yasss i need a tournament to show the world my power