nintendo DSi

dsi info
release: April 5,2009 US and Canada
April 3,2009 Europe
April 2,2009 Austraila

features: 2 0.3 megapixel cameras, improved speakers, new menu screen, dsi shop, larger touch screens, no gba slot, lighter design

colors: matte blue US and Canada only
matte black
matte white not avalible in US and Canada
(metalic blue)
(lime green)
(pink)

(color)= japan release only
possible release in other countries after april 3,5,or 2 according to which country you live in

prices
U.S. $169.99
Canada $199.99
U.K. £149.99
Austraila $299.99
the U.S has the cheapest price Australia has the most expiensive by far

i suggest reserving yours

check out my channel for more info animeboy1991
DSi's are a waste of money. But I guess, if your infatuated with camera's and Wii style interface, then go for it!
I might get one.
I'll just win this in a contest. Its too dull to waste my money on
I imported a DSi back in November.

100% worth the purchase for DSi Ware alone.
the 6 art style games ALONE are a fantastic use of the Shop service, with new games coming out each month. And it has Dr. Mario to download straight to the onboard memory, so I can play it anytime.

Plus the buttons are clicky (unlike the mushy Lite buttons). They feel really nice.

For most people, the DSi would be a waste, but considering that 95% of my time spent playing games is spent on the DS, it was worth it for me.
I don't really touch the Wii or 360 anymore, but my DS gets constant use, so I spring the cash to get the 'best'.

The only thing it needs is a decent homebrew scene. It has an SD card slot and onboard memory. That needs to be used to its full power!
(Mar. 11, 2009  11:18 PM)Crimson Wrote: Plus the buttons are clicky (unlike the mushy Lite buttons). They feel really nice.

i'm sold
DSi is still a waste. Atleast for people who don't always have extra money to spend on carp like this. (I'm just pissed they away the damned GBA slot!)
I'm going to hold back and see how DSiWare progresses before I decide if the DSi is worth the purchase.
i'm getting it because my ds lite broke a while ago and iv'e been borrowing my freind's (he has 2) and i need a good camera and the dsishop seems cool
(Mar. 12, 2009  1:14 AM)Artie Wrote: $170? lmaoooooo

yeah ok nintendo

at least it's not Australia $300!!!! omg
Not gonna lie I kind of want one of these. Been thinking about getting a DS again for a while now and if I'm going to buy one, might as well buy the newest version. *shrug*
(Mar. 12, 2009  4:02 AM)Roan Wrote: Not gonna lie I kind of want one of these. Been thinking about getting a DS again for a while now and I'm going to buy one, might as well buy the newest version. *shrug*

[Image: ekgdj7.png]
I could have swore everyone hated this last week.

I'm still using the lame original ds lol.
(Mar. 12, 2009  6:11 AM)SexyMichael Wrote: I could have swore everyone hated this last week.

I'm still using the lame original ds lol.

it's got clicky buttons, which was the main reason i didn't want a DS lite
Im just gonna stare at it in the shop
The original had clicky buttons. AND it was sturdier and had a GBA slot. That didn't stick out.

I'm still hating on it. Mind you, I was extremely scepticle of the DS when it first came out and now I go everywhere with it. So I guess anything could happen. Pinching_eyes_2
(Mar. 12, 2009  11:19 AM)Rocky Wrote: The original had clicky buttons. AND it was sturdier and had a GBA slot. That didn't stick out.

I'm still hating on it. Mind you, I was extremely scepticle of the DS when it first came out and now I go everywhere with it. So I guess anything could happen. Pinching_eyes_2

Same, the Wii too, and now I want it really bad.

Anyway, there really isn't much new stuff on here that adds to games at all, there are cameras(yay for more tacky, last-minute added minigames in the ds games soon -.-) and no gba slot, which many games were taking advantage of and won't be able to anymore. Finally, the fact that you can't play it as long makes it even worse. The things they added definitely don't outweigh the things they took away. (BTW, I won't be using the shop cuz I'm a poor person, too, so thats another reason why I hate it) XD

I still use the original ones too ( have 3, 2 broken ones >.>). They are good enough for me (still want a Lite so I can see what I'm playing better, though).

Oh, and they made it more expensive, WTF!!!!
(Mar. 12, 2009  10:05 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Same, the Wii too, and now I want it really bad.
Really? I'll admit the Wii is fun but I wouldn't want it as a console or anything.....I'd only play Mario Kart and Gamecube games. And being as I have two GCs and Mario Kart for the GC and DS.......I think I'll survive.

(Mar. 12, 2009  10:05 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: The things they added definitely don't outweigh the things they took away.
This so much. And it's not even like they took away a load of good things but then added some good things. Some of the things they added aren't as good anyways. 0.3 Megapixel camera? No thanks.

(Mar. 12, 2009  10:05 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: I still use the original ones too. They are good enough for me (still want a Lite so I can see what I'm playing better, though).
Yeah that's the only problem. Still, I can live though. If I can't see the screen, only 10% of the time it'll be because of the light. ^^; Plus although I'm pretty careful, I'd break a DS Lite in seconds. Pinching_eyes_2
1. Yeah, my bro and I are Nintendo Fanboys, I'd rebuy Twilight princess for the Wii, even though I've already beaten the GC version. Oh, and we want Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Mario, and couple others I can't remember. XD

2.Same

3. Same, again. I barely use my DS anyway. I've over played for 3-4 games I've had for it. (they need good new DS games already, or I need to be able to afford some) XD
(Mar. 11, 2009  11:18 PM)Crimson Wrote: I imported a DSi back in November.

100% worth the purchase for DSi Ware alone.
the 6 art style games ALONE are a fantastic use of the Shop service, with new games coming out each month. And it has Dr. Mario to download straight to the onboard memory, so I can play it anytime.

Plus the buttons are clicky (unlike the mushy Lite buttons). They feel really nice.

For most people, the DSi would be a waste, but considering that 95% of my time spent playing games is spent on the DS, it was worth it for me.
I don't really touch the Wii or 360 anymore, but my DS gets constant use, so I spring the cash to get the 'best'.

The only thing it needs is a decent homebrew scene. It has an SD card slot and onboard memory. That needs to be used to its full power!
Is homebrew possible? I assumed they would have put in some preventitive measures to stop that from happening.

(Mar. 12, 2009  12:11 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: DSi is still a waste. Atleast for people who don't always have extra money to spend on carp like this. (I'm just pissed they away the damned GBA slot!)

In the 4 some odd years I've owned a DS, I have used the GBA slot all of 4 or 5 times. I would way rather have them remove it to make room for new features. I still have 3 GBA's if I really want to play a GBA game.

The original DS was much more comfortable to use, albeit a bit chunky to lug around. I only got a DSlite because someone stole my blue DS and my boyfriend at the time bought me a lite. I recently sold that to buy the Zelda version of the lite. I can't see myself parting with it for many more years to come. Even more so now that I have a flash card for it.

Although nifty- 2 cameras seems a little unnecessary. Does the touch screen have dual point recognition? I always feel like Nintendo could push things just a little bit further than they do.
I've used the GBA slot more than I used the DS slot >.> GBA games were just that good.
(Mar. 13, 2009  1:18 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I've used the GBA slot more than I used the DS slot >.> GBA games were just that good.

I think you're just living in a nostalgic fog.

The GBA had quite a few good games, but most of them were trash.