iTouch as a gaming platform.

Poll: Is the iTouch a valid gaming platform?

Yes
42.86%
No
57.14%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
you wouldn't have to make the post period. if it really was/is that bad, a mod will tell me/warn me. no need for you to backseat mod
Cut it out
I have a Itouch 2nd gen. I think it could very well be a gaming platform. The games are very fun considering you can touch the screen ^^. I reeeeaaally like how you can play music and a game without sound at the same time. I spend alot of time playing the games.

I like Bounce On so far its my favorite game.
(Jun. 07, 2009  1:07 AM)NeekAlert Wrote: I wouldn't have to make the post if you didnt' SPAM in the first place, two wrongs don't make a right. I was only saying because posts like that will get you warnings.

SK has been around a lot longer than you, so I'd watch it ...
Screw the iPod Touch. Palm Pre is Java based. It's going to kill this in game apps.
For the record, the 2nd gen iTouch actually does have a better/faster processor than the iPhone 3G.

Just thought I'd add that. lol
(Jun. 07, 2009  3:44 AM)Roan Wrote: For the record, the 2nd gen iTouch actually does have a better/faster processor than the iPhone 3G.

Just thought I'd add that. lol

that's really dumb
(Jun. 07, 2009  3:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that's really dumb

Yeah I know. I don't know the reasoning for it either honestly. Maybe because the iTouch was released a while after the iPhone 3G? Who knows.
Thanks. I have heard of Spore, of course. But the iDevice is a really good platform for it.
(Jun. 06, 2009  9:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: A gaming system can't work without tactile feedback.
what? explain
I love gaming on my iPhone.

I play more games on that than I do anything else, because I like the way the games are designed. They aren't meant to be these huge time sinks like console games are, they're created to occupy 10-15 minutes of your time.

Seeing as how I don't have the time nor the motivation to sit down with even a 10-12 hour game on a console, I think games on the iPhone are perfect and they're obviously a huuuuuge market as well. The price for the games on the platform is also perfect. I don't have the money nor the desire to drop $60 on a console game that I'll play through once and never touch again.
(Jun. 08, 2009  3:32 AM)Roan Wrote: I love gaming on my iPhone.

I play more games on that than I do anything else, because I like the way the games are designed. They aren't meant to be these huge time sinks like console games are, they're created to occupy 10-15 minutes of your time.

Seeing as how I don't have the time nor the motivation to sit down with even a 10-12 hour game on a console, I think games on the iPhone are perfect and they're obviously a huuuuuge market as well. The price for the games on the platform is also perfect. I don't have the money nor the desire to drop $60 on a console game that I'll play through once and never touch again.
you could rent a game that you'll never touch after playing through for 7 dollars
Yeah but that requires driving back and forth to the rental place, which requires gas, which is pricey as well. Wink
Actually I'm the opposite. I don't game that much, but when I do I want an immersive experience. So I do want to play the 10-15h. The last game I played however was during X'mas and that was POP (Which was totally worth it mind you)
I have an iphone but I dont really use it as a phone. I got heaps of cool games like tap tap,tap tap coldplay and jellycar
I love Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders on the iTouch! If I get one, I'm gonna get that game for sure Smile
(Jun. 08, 2009  3:32 AM)Roan Wrote: I love gaming on my iPhone.

Kei?
lmao get out

I don't think the iPhone is the best thing that's ever happened to gaming, and the amount of carp games completely overwhelms the amount of good ones, but I just like the idea of small games being delivered via digital distribution and the low barrier of entry for smaller developers.

There are a lot of super artsy/creative games that are really good on the iPhone and I think that pretty much justifies it as a gaming platform.

This whole argument is kinda redundant. Obviously it's a valid gaming platform otherwise good games wouldn't exist for it. Sure it has its own set of limits and constraints, but every piece of gaming hardware has that does it not?
its kinda fun to play with it. one of my friends gets his iTouch and we start playing multi player touching games in it.
but games in it are just for when you are bored or something. i wont ever give my ds away for one of those..
It's just an accessory on a device, surely something isn't a games console unless it's primary function is to play games :\?
It is distributed under the iPod brand because that will sell. However when you pooknat the adds for it they are fpcussed on gaming, not music.
(Jun. 09, 2009  12:07 AM)Giga Wrote: It is distributed under the iPod brand because that will sell. However when you pooknat the adds for it they are fpcussed on gaming, not music.

lol are you serious?
Yes. Go watch some adds for it.
Yes, I've seen ads for the iPod Touch. To claim that it's primarily a gaming console because the ads focus on games is ridiculous. Before that, there were ads highlighting its ability to work as a GPS, and yes, find restaurants. Does that mean that the iPod Touch was primarily a GPS and a restaurant locator at those times?

Gaming is booming on the Touch now and that's why you're seeing ads targeting it. The iPod Touch is still a general multimedia device, but everyone knows the iPod Touch plays music -- duh -- so why bother advertising its primary function when you can show all the other cool stuff it can do?

The success of the iPod Touch as a gaming machine has been largely coincidental. When they designed the Touch they didn't think, "Yes, this is what will finally break us into the video game market!" However, with such a large install base game developers simply couldn't afford to ignore it.

The iPod Touch is no more a gaming device than it is a music player, video player, web browser, and all the other stuff it can do. The fact that you're saying all this based on one of many of the Touch's ad campaigns shows naivete.
A d the fact jobs keeps saying that he wants tonsee it grow as a games machine.