free fall method or running start method?

I've recently been introduced to the "free fall" method of ripping beys. How it works is, you fall from great height and pull the rip chord (at least 20ft rip chord is required) before you hit the ground. The force of the rip will cause the Bey to make a hole in the ring for the tip (I use a diamond tip, seems to work best), keeping the bey from being knocked out by the opponent's bey.

Now, I've seen this method used in action... but I'm not sure if it's better than the method I've been using, which is: running start method. I put a half mile of space between the bey ring and myself, then I run that distance and rip about 10ft away from the ring. With this method I've been able to shatter opponents beys before mine even hits the ring.

Which method do you think would be better for competitive play? Any input is welcome.
it really depends if you're bey is defense oriented or not.
you get a sturdy one it's best to free fall it, adding extra defensive stats to your blade. but with that diamond tip it sounds like you bey offensively, to which I would say the half mile start, while a little short, is much more aggressive blading and will lead to early victories
sorry but i don't understand what exactly you're trying to say. i think it's some sort of launching technique? but i could be wrong
Really depends if you rip vert or flatland. Also local geography comes into play. Out in the Arkansas scene you dont see much freefall. But go to Appalachia or Colorado and free fall is the go-to method.
(Mar. 28, 2016  11:39 PM)Rippin Jimmy Wrote: it really depends if you're bey is defense oriented or not.
you get a sturdy one it's best to free fall it, adding extra defensive stats to your blade. but with that diamond tip it sounds like you bey offensively, to which I would say the half mile start, while a little short, is much more aggressive blading and will lead to early victories

yeah, that's what I thought too. thanks for the input!!!

(Mar. 28, 2016  11:42 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: sorry but i don't understand what exactly you're trying to say. i think it's some sort of launching technique? but i could be wrong

I thought I was pretty clear in my OP? Let me know if you have any specific questions.
A 20 foot ripcord? How am I supposed to even pull that, and that doesn't even exist. If it does; definitely not legal. Also, a diamond tip? As in a real diamond on a tip or something diamond shaped? Either way, sounds very sharp, and sharp enough that you are breaking the stadium, since you are putting a hole in it.

Pretty sure this isn't tournament legal.
(Mar. 28, 2016  11:46 PM)Hato Wrote: A 20 foot ripcord? How am I supposed to even pull that, and that doesn't even exist. If it does; definitely not legal. Also, a diamond tip? As in a real diamond on a tip or something diamond shaped? Either way, sounds very sharp, and sharp enough that you are breaking the stadium, since you are putting a hole in it.

I'm not sure what tournaments you've been to (any?), but I've never been told that diamond tips are illegal in tourney play. I've actually won a few tournaments with the running start method.

And yes, you can't just buy a 20ft ripchord. You have to make it yourself, and yes, it's legal in tournament play and quite easy to use.
(Mar. 28, 2016  11:46 PM)Hato Wrote: A 20 foot ripcord? How am I supposed to even pull that, and that doesn't even exist. If it does; definitely not legal. Also, a diamond tip? As in a real diamond on a tip or something diamond shaped? Either way, sounds very sharp, and sharp enough that you are breaking the stadium, since you are putting a hole in it.

Legality varies scene-to-scene. As far as rippin 20 foot cords...I wasnt a believer at first but my rips have been fatter than ever. Its not hard once you get used to it. You just have to do a couple extra warm up stretches.
I would love to see pictures of these diamond tips and ripcords, they sound really cool
How do you even completely pull a 20 foot ripcord. I am 5 feet tall; that is 4 of me, and even larger than the width of my bedroom. Warm up stretches won't fix length I can pull something waaay longer than me, or just about anybody.
I'm actually quite partial to the "Waterfall method" myself. Not many people are able to do it, but once you train under the waterfall in the mountains, it's like muscle memory. With the Waterfall Method, I've been able to achieve the fattest rips of all time.
(Mar. 28, 2016  11:43 PM)yt152430 Wrote: Troll or not a troll?

Very legit question.

buru5, tournaments are tournaments, and there is no way you attended a real one, whether hosted by Hasbro or by the World Beyblade Organization, where there was even a possibility to run from half a mile away from the stadium. Plus, at our tournaments, you have to be right beside the stadium to launch anyway.

Plus, besides giving an additional vector of straight force to your Beyblade, that launching technique (used by Takao in the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade show and probably in the manga if I recall correctly, by the way) does nothing at all to help the spin velocity. That means that you have to be lucky and hit your opponent's Beyblade upon the first impact on the stadium, otherwise that launch is only bound to murder your own Beyblade's spin drastically from the start.
(Mar. 28, 2016  11:52 PM)Hato Wrote: How do you even completely pull a 20 foot ripcord. I am 5 feet tall; that is 4 of me, and even larger than the width of my bedroom. Warm up stretches won't fix length I can pull something waaay longer than me, or just about anybody.

Actually due to general relativity you can totally stretch your way to 20 ft rips. The fatter the rip the blader the bey, as they say.