"explosive" re-bounder

Before I left the beyblade community 4 years ago, I tested a lot of "re-bounder" combos. These combos were, and pretty much still are novelties. To my knowledge, they have never been widely used tournaments anywhere. In almost all arenas, they perform very dismally. Anything, even hard core attack types, can easilly outspin them. However, when re-bounder combos win, they win in a spectacular fashion, often throwing the other beyblade several feet or breaking the attack ring. Two things make a beyblade combo a re-bounder, an aggressive attack ring (high recoil is vital) and a rubber sharp tip. Every action creates an equal and opposite reaction, for this reason, both beyblades are hit with the same amount of force when they collide. When an agressive attack type hits a rebounder, a spectacular amount of force is transferred to both beyblades. This is most apparent when two beyblades with "smash" attack rings collide. This sort of impact often results in a double K.O. However, the rubber sharp tip on the rebounder often prevents it from being knocked out of the arena (or in the case of a hasbro arena, pocketed). In most arenas, these beyblades unreliable and using them is often a gamble. However , if a takara arena that is very small of has a lot of "open" space ever comes into widespread use, re-bounders could become very powerful.

This is my 5 layer rebounder combo

Bit chip: anything with a bit chip cover, because bit chip covers are bad-carp
Attack ring: poseidon
weight disk: wide defense
spin gear: left, heavy metal core
base: seaborg

poseidon's attack ring has absolutely beastly smash in left spin. It has so much re-coil, it is almost unusable. This is its only real use. Due to this recoil, poseidon attack rings in left spin are very prone to breaking. I had three, and after an hour or two of testing, was down to one. poseidon was from a random booster and is very hard to find now.
Master dragoon's attack ring is a good substitute, but is less agressive, substituting full on smash for upper attack.
Venus's attack ring is also a good substitute, but it is quite rare.
Hmm interesting concept, I'd love to test it...but currently I own no Rubber Sharps Pinching_eyes I think I'll be changing my Driger MS order to Advance Guardian so I test this.

How does this sound for an HMS Re-Bounder:

BP: 3rd Mold
AR: Metal Spring/Metal Shield
WD: CWD Defense Ring
RC: Grip Sharp Core
Evan, I think the AR Seagon Attacker would be good for this concept.

Also, TBTS isn't small enough?
carp, I forgot about the TBST!
Yes, the TBST is nearly ideal for rebounder combos.

However, the best arenas for rebounders are the old takara arenas from 1999-2000. They are tiny, about the same size as the TBST, but they have no tornado ridge, making it even easier to KO an attack type. I have one, but it is essentially ripped to shreads from repeated use. The early takara arenas are made of very flimsy plastic.

I think that the new restricted tournament format makes HMS rebounders viable for tournament use. However, they would only be useful in the TBST.
I'd still go with WB2 fixed shaft, slightly worn tip for this purpose. It handles the recoil better and you have the option of going aggressive with it, rather than just waiting for the other blade to hit you and get KOed because of the recoil, which might not even happen until later on when both have lost a considerable amount of spin already and it'd be less effective.
This is more for a OHKO/smash combo though, but I think it's more effective overall than a "re-bounder". I had tried some before as well, although with less aggressive ARs and it was cool, but the problem was that many times it'd take a while before the 2 blades even hit each other, so by the time they finally came into contact, the smash/recoil potential of the re-bounder had been decreased a lot with the loss in RPM. Small stadiums are really the best choice for these, but when you're relying on strong smash/high recoil, which usually goes along with tips that don't last long, you'll be looking to get the battle done in the first few seconds after you launched your combo.

Also, is Poseidon's smash that good in left spin? From the pictures I've seen, right spin looks more aggressive. How is it?
(Sep. 07, 2008  12:12 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: I'd still go with WB2 fixed shaft, slightly worn tip for this purpose. It handles the recoil better and you have the option of going aggressive with it, rather than just waiting for the other blade to hit you and get KOed because of the recoil, which might not even happen until later on when both have lost a considerable amount of spin already and it'd be less effective.
This is more for a OHKO/smash combo though, but I think it's more effective overall than a "re-bounder". I had tried some before as well, although with less aggressive ARs and it was cool, but the problem was that many times it'd take a while before the 2 blades even hit each other, so by the time they finally came into contact, the smash/recoil potential of the re-bounder had been decreased a lot with the loss in RPM. Small stadiums are really the best choice for these, but when you're relying on strong smash/high recoil, which usually goes along with tips that don't last long, you'll be looking to get the battle done in the first few seconds after you launched your combo.

I think the idea of this concept was to wait until it got attacked. If it moved, then it would be what we call an attacker.
I really want to do more testing on rebound type combinations. Holy carp, though. Poseidon's AR is so flimsy. x-x I lost one too.

And Bladehoarder, I think you mean right spin. Vector Trident is aggressive in right spin.
Hmm..I've been doing some testing today with this:

AR: Spike Dragon
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Version) w/ Wolborg 2's Tip
BB: Magne Flat Base

I've gotten awful results, probably due to the free spinning shaft absorbing much of the impact. I wish I had a rubber sharp tip to test this Pinching_eyes They seem really fun

The only thing that happened was the clip on the rebound combo flew off the third battle.
Recoil-tastic, Often does more damage to the opponent, Came up with it out of the blue because I thought it was funny and "Looked pretty":

AR: Upper Fox
RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Version)
WD: CWD Circle Attacker (Upside down)

Reason the Circle Attacker is upside down is because right side up, You can't put an AR on.
Only problem is that it's only good on left and if it doesn't finish the battle quickly, you're screwed.
(Sep. 07, 2008  7:20 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Recoil-tastic, Often does more damage to the opponent, Came up with it out of the blue because I thought it was funny and "Looked pretty":

Reason the Circle Attacker is upside down is because right side up, You can't put an AR on.
Only problem is that it's only good on left and if it doesn't finish the battle quickly, you're screwed.

That's not the point of this. Try Rubber Grip Sharp. The point is to be stationary with lots of recoil.
(Sep. 07, 2008  12:33 PM)Nic Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2008  12:12 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: I'd still go with WB2 fixed shaft, slightly worn tip for this purpose. It handles the recoil better and you have the option of going aggressive with it, rather than just waiting for the other blade to hit you and get KOed because of the recoil, which might not even happen until later on when both have lost a considerable amount of spin already and it'd be less effective.

I think the idea of this concept was to wait until it got attacked. If it moved, then it would be what we call an attacker.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said going with an attacker would be better overall. By the time these types of combos get hit, they already lost a great amount of spin and don't really work as good as it would seem. I've tested a few combos like this before and it's cool if it does get hit early on. Otherwise, it's not so effective. For general purpose, smash attackers are still the better choice I think.
If these actually had better lasting ability and maintained a higher RPM throughout the battle, then it'd work better and recoil/smash potential would still be high enough later on, but since a rubber tip is needed for the concept and to lessen its own recoil, it looses its effectiveness quickly.

It's still cool against survival/endurance combos in Hasbro stadiums though.
(Sep. 07, 2008  9:29 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2008  7:20 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Recoil-tastic, Often does more damage to the opponent, Came up with it out of the blue because I thought it was funny and "Looked pretty":

That's not the point of this. Try Rubber Grip Sharp. The point is to be stationary with lots of recoil.

Just a suggestion Uncertain I just thought it would be good rebound-wise because whenever someone hits into it, it goes flying off the other way, so it kind of "Rebounds" off of it. But if that's not right, then, okay.
In my tests so far, I have found Sagittario145S (Starter) to have performed similar to what Shawn is describing. It doesn't win all the time, but when it does, it sends the other Bey flying out of nowhere.

Though, this is an odd occurrence because I don't think Sagittario's Wheel has any smash whatsoever.
Try shortening Sagittario (Sagittario105S or 125) And see if it works better at it. Oh and could some1 explain how rubber has more friction than plastic? because i always thought it was the opposite...
(Sep. 08, 2008  3:04 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Try shortening Sagittario (Sagittario105S or 125) And see if it works better at it. Oh and could some1 explain how rubber has more friction than plastic? because i always thought it was the opposite...

Get two pens. One with rubber on the grip and one without it. Which sticks to your fingers better? The rubber one, same goes for Beyblades.
(Sep. 08, 2008  3:04 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Try shortening Sagittario (Sagittario105S or 125) And see if it works better at it. Oh and could some1 explain how rubber has more friction than plastic? because i always thought it was the opposite...

There's a difference of material. Rubber has more friction because it's made of a softer and less denser material while plastic is just solid and smoother. This could probably be explained better by someone else.
I've tried this with the HMS combo posted above and I like the way it works, though, it barely ever pulls it off, when it does, its awesome. Thats mostly because my only takara stadium is the attack stadium, which isnt very small.

Rubber sticks better. It's pretty much just about the molecular structure.

It's a fact of life. It's like asking why water flows better than metal.
him i was just wondering. Because i always Thought Storm grip was supposed to be faster than Sg falt.
(Sep. 08, 2008  11:50 PM)Gotruto Wrote: him i was just wondering. Because i always Thought Storm grip was supposed to be faster than Sg falt.

It is.
(Sep. 08, 2008  11:50 PM)Gotruto Wrote: him i was just wondering. Because i always Thought Storm grip was supposed to be faster than Sg falt.

It has more friction. So it can "push off" against the stadium harder. Hmm do you jog? Or at least walk? It's really hard to pick up speed on a slippery floor, while if you have good running shoes, on a running track, you can kick off and run much faster.
OK so i made Saggitario125SF, it does the same thing, except for the less recoil on hit (You can also add a S instead of SF, it depends on which movement you want)

PS: if im on a slippery floor and want to be fast, i dont wear shoes. but yah with tennis shoes (I dont wear any other kind) it is easily to walk on concrete than a gym floor.
(Sep. 09, 2008  10:34 PM)Gotruto Wrote: OK so i made Saggitario125SF, it does the same thing, except for the less recoil on hit (You can also add a S instead of SF, it depends on which movement you want)

PS: if im on a slippery floor and want to be fast, i dont wear shoes. but yah with tennis shoes (I dont wear any other kind) it is easily to walk on concrete than a gym floor.

I'd use Leon, it seems to have more recoil. But so far, you can't make this with MFB, no rubber sharp
by "Less recoil i meant more, my bad. And still, it happens atleast once every time i use Sagittario125, and we usually both hit walls (Mainly because of hasbro stadium...)
It is impossible to make a "true" re-bounder with existant MF parts.

To make a rebounder, two things are essential, a rubber sharp tip and an agressive "smash" attack ring that concentrates weight around the outer perimeter of the beyblade.

While Leone's wheel seems to have good smash capabillity, but the metal is thicker in the middle of the wheel, making it looks to me to be more geared towards small, dense compact combos.

As a rule, rebounders have abyssmal endurance. In the plastic and hms generation, a wide defense was nessecary to prevent wobbling. It was also usefull to further concentrate weight towards the edge of the beyblade.

Because the wheel takes the place of both the attack ring and weight disk in the mf generation, more factors play into the effectiveness a wheel on a certain beyblade.