energy drinks (post whatever the carp you want)

(Sep. 01, 2008  11:23 PM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Just drink some black tea, it's healthier.

k ill give it a try Smile
I like tea too =P though I also like energy drinks. I personally like Chai tea with some splenda and cream. It's very tasty and super smooth!
I never understood energy drinks. Tried one before and didn't notice much difference.
(Sep. 02, 2008  3:05 AM)Nic Wrote: I never understood energy drinks. Tried one before and didn't notice much difference.

Honestly I think its all psychological.
i wouldnt say that...ive had a sip of one once, and it hurt my chest for a long time after that
Energy drinks taste really bad, but if i had to choose the best one I've ever tasted....I'd choose Monster.
(Sep. 02, 2008  3:41 AM)Artie Wrote: i wouldnt say that...ive had a sip of one once, and it hurt my chest for a long time after that

Hurting your chest and actually giving you an energy boost are two very different things.
saying that the effects are only psychological implies you're saying the product is ineffective in what it's doing. obviously it's doing something in there (like chest pain)

but i think we both agree the carp isnt good for you, regardless
(Sep. 02, 2008  4:07 AM)Artie Wrote: saying that the effects are only psychological implies you're saying the product is ineffective in what it's doing. obviously it's doing something in there (like chest pain)

but i think we both agree the carp isnt good for you, regardless

If it isn't doing what it's SUPPOSED to do, it's probably ineffective. Hmm I have a friend who uses them for long hours of studying, though.
I have a bit of a problem with these things. I got really addicted to caffeine through them Pinching_eyes weening myself off of it. Down to like 2-3 a week.
Yeah im going of these as of tomorrow, I felt really weird today drinking one, felt very light headed, sorta felt like I was going to faint or something like that, im converting back to Ice Tea now.
starbucks bottled frapuccinos are way better anyway
(Sep. 02, 2008  11:23 AM)Sega Wrote: Yeah im going of these as of tomorrow, I felt really weird today drinking one, felt very light headed, sorta felt like I was going to faint or something like that, im converting back to Ice Tea now.

Just make your own tea at home ad carry it with you. Waay cheaper, and none of that nasty HFCS.
I never drink them for being active or something. I just like the taste sometimes. It doesn't really work for me anyway, I once drank a whole bottle of 1,5l of one standart energy drink and half an hour later, I slept in just like every evening. Generally, it's a proof that caffeine and taurin work different in each and every body. There are even people that need their coffee to sleep well.
no thanks.
way too much carp sugar, and they always make you crash after shortly afterwords

i prefer coffee
(Sep. 01, 2008  7:43 PM)bugturtles Wrote: water and gatorade are probably the best things ever for me. rehydration especially.

for energy and i feel thirsty, i use frs. probably more healthy than the rest imo.

*cackles to self* If you've ever seen The Water Boy you'd probably get why I'm giggling aside from the fact that i'm easily amused.

My favourite: Relentless.
It's bright green and sends me nuts, works fantastically because I suffer from hypoglycaemia (Think, Opposite of diabetes, where the body produces too much insulin instead and shoots your sugar level down)
(Sep. 01, 2008  9:06 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
Quote:But don't all these sugary drinks end up destroying your taste buds?

Sour things destroy your taste buds a lot more. Ever had those really sour sweets they sell that say "DO NOT CONSUME MORE THAN ONE IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME" on the back? Yeah, that says it for a reason. I doubt sugary things do much for your taste buds anyways though.

I hardly drink these because they're like £1 (probably about $2) so it's hardly worth it. Those 17 pence panda pop drinks are where it's really at! =D

EDIT: The energy drinks can be bad for you because as always, caffeine is a drug and you get highs and then much larger lows after a while. Might recommend them to athletes or whatever but that's about all.

You can still get panda pops?!?!? Where?!?! *looks around frantically* I loved Rasberry flavour as a kid D:
Propel. I drink Propel.

It's not even an energy drink, I hate those. I go with sports drinks, or soda. That's my energy. *thumbs up sign*

And I guess I don't like energy drinks because they're more like "fool your brain into thinking it has energy so you don't feel tired" drinks

...cause that's seriously what they do, they don't give you energy, I think that's impossible
i don't drink energy drinks

closest thing to energy drinks i drink is enchanced water with "5 times as much oxygen" as regular water
(Sep. 02, 2008  2:41 PM)SK Wrote: i don't drink energy drinks

closest thing to energy drinks i drink is enchanced water with "5 times as much oxygen" as regular water

you drink steam?
Quote:You can still get panda pops?!?!? Where?!?! *looks around frantically* I loved Rasberry flavour as a kid D:

Well they sell them in a shop near my school so I'd say most places. It's a threshers that sells like beer and stuff and it's in with the coca cola.

They sell them in corner shops too near where I live. As far as I can tell they're only water, sugar and a drop of food colouring that has been carbonated, else they'd charge more for them lol.
(Sep. 02, 2008  6:41 PM)AnnieDuck Wrote:

you drink steam?

what? you mean steam-steam? or is there a energy drink in north america called steam? lol
(Sep. 02, 2008  9:26 PM)SK Wrote:

you drink steam?

what? you mean steam-steam? or is there a energy drink in north america called steam? lol
I'm fairly sure that there is no energy drink in NA called "steam."
(Sep. 02, 2008  11:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: starbucks bottled frapuccinos are way better anyway

Too damn expensive for a coffee.

you drink steam?

It's when you take water, and you add a lot of heat.
(Sep. 03, 2008  2:18 PM)Nic Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2008  11:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: starbucks bottled frapuccinos are way better anyway

you drink steam?

yeah i know what steam is lol, i thought there was a drink named steam in us
(Sep. 03, 2008  2:18 PM)Nic Wrote:

you drink steam?

yeah i know what steam is lol, i thought there was a drink named steam in us
(Sep. 02, 2008  8:29 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
Quote:You can still get panda pops?!?!? Where?!?! *looks around frantically* I loved Rasberry flavour as a kid D:

Well they sell them in a shop near my school so I'd say most places. It's a threshers that sells like beer and stuff and it's in with the coca cola.

They sell them in corner shops too near where I live. As far as I can tell they're only water, sugar and a drop of food colouring that has been carbonated, else they'd charge more for them lol.

I think the shop by my college sells them Gasp *zooms out to buy some*