ds or psp

Poll: what do you like better ds or psp

ds
75.00%
psp
25.00%
Total: 100% 28 vote(s)
Last time I counted I was nearing 50 PSP games.

And I believe Chrono Trigger was my 30 DS game.

Hmmm...
(Apr. 02, 2009  10:02 PM)To Wrote: Last time I counted I was nearing 50 PSP games.

And I believe Chrono Trigger was my 30 DS game.

Hmmm...

I'm guessing by the fact that you have 50 PSP games that you dislike piracy? Good on you, not everyone has enough money/willpower to go against piracy. =]

Wow though, that's like... Almost £2000? *falls off chair* lol
I've had a PSP since launch. That's [sarcasm]only[/sarcasm] been like 4 years. My PS2 collection eats the PSP one by a lot though.
Wow, that is a lot of games. I'm like that with manga.......I couldn't manage with games though. Pinching_eyes_2 And cute plushies.
Well truth be told for me I buy many games when they hit the Greatest Hits collection, or are on super cheap sales (ie. Naruto, and Sonic games). The only games I tend to buy full price are games I suspect will not be a big seller, and will go out of print quickly (most NIS America, and Atlus games, and stuff like Jeanne D'Arc), or have heavy online components (Resistance Retribution, Killzone Liberation,etc.), or are part of a franchise I can never say no to (Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Daxter, LocoRoco, Patapon, etc.).
(Apr. 02, 2009  10:54 PM)To Wrote: Well truth be told for me I buy many games when they hit the Greatest Hits collection, or are on super cheap sales (ie. Naruto, and Sonic games). The only games I tend to buy full price are games I suspect will not be a big seller, and will go out of print quickly (most NIS America, and Atlus games, and stuff like Jeanne D'Arc), or have heavy online components (Resistance Retribution, Killzone Liberation,etc.), or are part of a franchise I can never say no to (Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Daxter, LocoRoco, Patapon, etc.).

Loco Roco was my favorite PSP game hands down. That and God of War.
LocoRoco 2 is a vastly superior game, you should try it.
I voted for the psp because its versatility has kept me using it almost daily since I got it over a year ago.
To if you don't mind would you name the five best psp games in your library?
IMO I think it mainly depends on two things; what type of games you like and whether your looking for an entertainment system or just a gaming system.

Nintendo DS - Mario-type games
- Has a lot more games (more focused on gaming)

PSP - Rated T/M type games (shooter, etc.)
- Less games (multi-entertainment system - music, movies, etc.)

I'm still undecided though Lips_sealed
I'd hate to choose five best, so I'll say my favourite ten Tongue_out :

1. LocoRoco 2 - A vastly superior game, that everyone should pick up.
2. God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - Do I really have to explain this one?
3. Resistance: Retribution - A refined Syphon Filter PSP engine with great online modes.
4. Hot Shots Golf: Open Tour 2 - a great timewaster that most likely neglect.
5. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Zack is my hero.
6. Patapon - For new buyers I'd wait for the May release of Patapon 2.
7. Daxter - My favourite video game franchise of all time represents itself well on the PSP with this sidekick's starring role.
8. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - A must have for any person who wants to fully get Metal Gear.
9. Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection - A beautiful fighting game that has everything a Tekken addict could want.
10. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - Much better on the PSP then on the PS2.

Of that top 10, only two are on other platforms (Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection was released a PS3 PSN game). With Ratchet the PSP version is the definitive version despite being released prior to the PS2 release.

My Top 10 Favourite PSP games you likely didn't play:

1. Dead Head Fred - The best PSP action game before God Of War was released. Sadly a sales bomb. VG Chartz has worldwide sales under 15k, but I'm sure it was undertracked. It also won a Writer's Guild Award for its' writing.

2. Jeanne D'arc - Joan Of Arc's story retold through with beautiful anime cutscenes, and developed by Level 5, of Professor Layton, Dragon Quest VIII, and Rogue Galaxy fame.

3. Killzone: Liberation - The true Killzone sequel that went largely ignored while its' PS3 brother got all the press.

4. Megaman: Powered Up! - Before Capcom decided to forget about PSP development they released what Megaman creator said was how he wanted Megaman to originally be all those years ago on the NES. Features exstensive DLC, that is still up, but is no longer being updated.

5. Megaman X: Maverick Hunters - The original Megaman X reborn in a swell 2.5D game!

6. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - A vastly superior remake of a PS1 legend that largely went ignored.

7. Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - The other stealth franchise on Sony creations is reborn! Gabe Logan is back!

8. Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - Possibley the end of the Syphon Filter saga (see the ending as to why)

9. Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - Another sidekick gets its' time in the limelight. A Disgaea spinoff.

10. Tales Of The World: Radiant Mythology - Non Tales fans need not apply to this action RPG.

I can do a top 5 for PSP PSN downloadable games if anyone wants...
Thanks for that list To, I'll ad some to my short list.
btw I'd recommend either Wipeout games they kick carp!

Anyway throwing this out cuz its relevant, read this comment on Gizmodo's DSi review:

weatherman
6:45 PM on Fri Apr 3 2009
Quote:@Nebetsu: well I agree with half your assessment, but when it comes to developers and games, I think we differ. I think the DS's lower price and relatively low capabilities (as well as limits set on retail price and ease of development) led to a crush of poor titles for the DS.

Here are some stats that support that argument; of the 606 titles available for the DS, just 139 are actually rated "good" or better. That works out to a 23% favorable rating. The PSP on the other hand has just 420 titles available, but 125 of them are "good" or better. That's a rate of 30% playable games.

So the DS has a few more good games overall (and arguably more "great" games") but the PSP has almost as many and a higher average quality of game, as well as having undeniably higher production quality.

I'm no PSP fanboy - in fact I just sold mine and actually pick up my DS for the first time in 6 months just so I could play a few titles that I'd missed (including Chinatown Wars). But I think it's undeniable that the two platforms have practically the same number of good games, but that there is a LOT more carp for the DS.

*all stats from metacritic.com
more even than I thought.
(Apr. 02, 2009  7:39 PM)Crimson Wrote: Yup, I've had a DSi since the first week of their Japanese release.

As for the camera quality, Look at basically every photo I ever post.
My pictures are pretty much always taken with the DSi Camera (Since I usually have my DS on me)
My TV
Sagittario 145S
Those are exactly the size photos are taken off of my SD card at, no editing.

as for my vote, easily DS.
[Image: HNI_0073.jpg]
That's not even my full DS collection, I can count my PSP games on one hand.
That is so win Grin
I'm a complete ninty fanboy, other game systems don't appeal to me very much. After owning both a PSP and DS I can easily say for me, the DS wins my vote.

(Apr. 02, 2009  7:39 PM)Crimson Wrote: [Image: HNI_0073.jpg]

ahah! Lickatounge :3
(Apr. 06, 2009  5:16 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: ahah! Lickatounge :3

AHAH! Lickilicky.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lickilicky
Oh, I could barely tell the difference.
I should know these things, being a Pokemon fan! XD
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:58 AM)Blue Wrote: Thanks for that list To, I'll ad some to my short list.
btw I'd recommend either Wipeout games they kick carp!

I have WipEout Pulse, but controlling it with the nub is very weird for me. I'd much rather play WipEout HD on my PS3.

Also, Twisted Metal is swell, so is Lemmings, MedEvil: Ressurection, and Parappa.
For the sake of Bleach HTS series and Final Fantasy(Crisis Core and Hopefully Dissidia) I like PSP, however, for the sake of Mario, Pokémon, Metroid and Zelda: Nintendo DS

Both has their useful parts, however, DS is more addicting, thus, Nintendo DS...

...and yes I own both.
i am posting this comment using my psp. the psp is better if you are creative. me and my freind have moded ours so we can use rom's, use windows software and watch youtube videos. when it comes to games the DS is the best but the psp has so much more cool stuff it can do. i get more use out of it than my DS.
you can also use roms on ds. tbh i always use them!
You can do many illegal things on practically every recent console. It's not new, and it isn't something you should be bragging about.
I like them both but I would have to go with the ds because I use it more
I done like both but as people have said, there are more games on the DS then on the PSP that I like so it is the DS for me, ontop of the fact that I don't have a PSP.

Also, the PSP is getting creamed here.
(Apr. 17, 2009  9:14 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Also, the PSP is getting creamed here.

There are a lot of PSP fans, it's not unpopular by any extent, however I believe nintendo has marketed the DS a LOT better and therefore has sold many more.

Plus, a lot of people simply stick up for "whichever one they bought". It's just a shame that I find that I'm never using the PSP for really what it was intended for. =/

(Sony is losing a lot of money right now due to the fact that they didn't exactly make piracy hard when they RELEASED FOR FREE the RAW FILES for PSone games to be EMULATED on PSP. -.-)
(Apr. 17, 2009  11:09 PM)Pikachao Wrote: There are a lot of PSP fans

I never said there wasn't.