do you like TT or hasbro better?

TT is 100% better, although I'll (grudgingly) give Hasbro credit for branching out and experimenting, as well as being largely responsible for Beyblade as a whole being known in the west.
i like tt better
the really annoying thing about hasbro stadiums is they have srupid holes in them. thats why i filled up the holes with bumpers.

(Feb. 26, 2021  5:39 AM)eggblader Wrote: the really annoying thing about hasbro stadiums is they have srupid holes in them. thats why i filled up the holes with bumpers.

link here-->

(Feb. 26, 2021  5:39 AM)eggblader Wrote: the really annoying thing about hasbro stadiums is they have srupid holes in them. thats why i filled up the holes with bumpers.

link here--> [Image: 4kQczxg9NcNgRbx28]
I prefer Takara Tomy. I have a Dread Bahamut in both TT and Hasbro, and the difference is like apples and oranges. Can't even keep the gimmicks.

Though I will give credit to Hasbro for two things: Their stadiums, while they may flop sometimes, at least they're actively trying new things instead of releasing the same old same old.

And that for the lols, you can battle with just the driver and chip. No layer, no forge disc, nothing but two parts.
I actually burst someone's bey doing that.
(Feb. 26, 2021  6:38 AM)NuclearCommando Wrote: I prefer Takara Tomy. I have a Dread Bahamut in both TT and Hasbro, and the difference is like apples and oranges. Can't even keep the gimmicks.

Though I will give credit to Hasbro for two things: Their stadiums, while they may flop sometimes, at least they're actively trying new things instead of releasing the same old same old.

And that for the lols, you can battle with just the driver and chip. No layer, no forge disc, nothing but two parts.
I actually burst someone's bey doing that.

i agree
(Feb. 26, 2021  3:22 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  12:55 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: They both have their ups and downs. Tarkra Tomy is more expensive, but you get better beys that will last longer and honestly have better battles. Hasbro is cheaper, but it's considered the "less official" brand even though I think it's more official, but it's mostly plastic and wont last as long. I have 16 Hasbro beys and 1 TT bey, and I am starting to collect TT instead. Also the reason TT beys are more overpriced, besides better quality, is that they are more on the collecting side of things while Hasbro beys provide pure fun.

That’s not really accurate. I don’t know anyone who considers Hasbro to be the less official brand, only people who considers Hasbro to be the less competitive brand. TT Beys aren’t more expensive because they’re made for collecting, they’re more expensive because better quality, and also because most people get them online, so the sellers price them higher to make profit.

Hasbro has some snazzy stuff for Limited and Classic, Standard not so much. They had Balkesh in the meta, a few like me used Legend Spryzen to exploit the spin change acceptance on it (at the time) and the tight spring on Bearing.

Anyways I generally prefer TT right now, Hasbeys from SwitchStrike and below are cool though, and the new stuff is fun to mess around with, not something I wanna spend my money on.

But most of it is accurate. I did state that TT beys were worth more because of the better quality, and WBBA does not consider Hasbro to be offical. I admit it didn't really make sense when I said "people" thought it was less official, I was thinking about WBBA.
Hasbro. where most of us started. doesn't matter where I ended up, its the journey that counts.

r/Im14andthisisdeep
(Feb. 26, 2021  12:55 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: They both have their ups and downs. Tarkra Tomy is more expensive, but you get better beys that will last longer and honestly have better battles. Hasbro is cheaper, but it's considered the "less official" brand even though I think it's more official, but it's mostly plastic and wont last as long. I have 16 Hasbro beys and 1 TT bey, and I am starting to collect TT instead. Also the reason TT beys are more overpriced, besides better quality, is that they are more on the collecting side of things while Hasbro beys provide pure fun.

same, i am trying to get into collecting TT because when I was younger I didnt know the difference, I just saw a Beyblade at a store and BOOM my parents bought it
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:43 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  12:55 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: They both have their ups and downs. Tarkra Tomy is more expensive, but you get better beys that will last longer and honestly have better battles. Hasbro is cheaper, but it's considered the "less official" brand even though I think it's more official, but it's mostly plastic and wont last as long. I have 16 Hasbro beys and 1 TT bey, and I am starting to collect TT instead. Also the reason TT beys are more overpriced, besides better quality, is that they are more on the collecting side of things while Hasbro beys provide pure fun.

same, i am trying to get into collecting TT because when I was younger I didnt know the difference, I just saw a Beyblade at a store and BOOM my parents bought it

That's how it was for me... the first 2 secs. When I get into something, I watch YouTube for 89 days straight and soak up all the knowledge possible.
TT. It has better quality overall in my opinion
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:49 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:43 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote: same, i am trying to get into collecting TT because when I was younger I didnt know the difference, I just saw a Beyblade at a store and BOOM my parents bought it

That's how it was for me... the first 2 secs. When I get into something, I watch YouTube for 89 days straight and soak up all the knowledge possible.

lol, I didn't have access to it as a kid I was like 7 so I was more into watching gameplay tutorials and laughing at the people playing it, in retrospect, I was a stupid child

(Feb. 26, 2021  8:00 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:49 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: That's how it was for me... the first 2 secs. When I get into something, I watch YouTube for 89 days straight and soak up all the knowledge possible.

lol, I didn't have access to it as a kid I was like 7 so I was more into watching gameplay tutorials and laughing at the people playing it, in retrospect, I was a stupid child

my parents put restrictions on it so I could only watch stuff for 4 and under vids
(Feb. 26, 2021  8:00 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:49 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: That's how it was for me... the first 2 secs. When I get into something, I watch YouTube for 89 days straight and soak up all the knowledge possible.

(Feb. 26, 2021  8:00 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote: lol, I didn't have access to it as a kid I was like 7 so I was more into watching gameplay tutorials and laughing at the people playing it, in retrospect, I was a stupid child

my parents put restrictions on it so I could only watch stuff for 4 and under vids

Kids' YouTube stuff is dumb so oof for you
(Feb. 26, 2021  8:40 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  8:00 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote: lol, I didn't have access to it as a kid I was like 7 so I was more into watching gameplay tutorials and laughing at the people playing it, in retrospect, I was a stupid child

Kids' YouTube stuff is dumb so oof for you

OOF indeed SMH oof indeed
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:49 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  7:43 PM)Fshy InstinctYT Wrote: same, i am trying to get into collecting TT because when I was younger I didnt know the difference, I just saw a Beyblade at a store and BOOM my parents bought it

i probably only got back into beyblades a month ago and during that time, i soaked up all the knowledge i could.
Hasbro is definitely inferior to TT. We usually have TT only tourneys where I'm at. Plus, we can't get Hasbro Beyblades anywhere in our country.
tt is higher quallity but that means nothing if you and your friends have hasbro and have fun with each other
(Feb. 25, 2021  11:49 PM)eggblader Wrote: personally i'd go for TT even thought i Dont even have any. they're supposed to be higher quality

exact same story here bro but yeah i'd go for TT because their turbo valkries turbo wings actually do stop it from bursting
TT is no doubt better. Speedstorm definitely is a cool system but I don't think I'll ever forgive the mistake that was Hypersphere. And dont even get me started on Pro Series.
I like Hasbro much better no doubt. TT has too much power creep in it’s game.
Takaratomy without doubt due to its better quality regardless of its price. It does have a variety of tech in it.
(Feb. 26, 2021  1:05 AM)eggblader Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  1:05 AM)eggblader Wrote: hey theres an offbrand stadium that ive been wanting. its good for at home and its an anime size too. its pretty expensive tho

link herehttps://www.amazon.com/Beyblade-Large-St...832&sr=8-1

I have this stadium. Trust me it’s EPIC
Overall? Takara Tomy. No question.

But, let's compare (IMO):

Single Layer (TT) vs. Single Layer (Hasbro):

Takara Tomy had teeth wear issues in the beginning, but the difference in aesthetic is insane. Single Layer Beyblades for TT are some of the most simple but gorgeous Beyblades and Hasbro does not do them justice, at all. The best Hasbro single layer (from an aesthetic standpoint) being E1 and the worst being Y1. Hasbro also had the worst stadiums humanely possible during this time while TT had the standard competitive stuff.

Winner: TT

Dual Layer (TT) vs. Dual Layer (Hasbro):

TT had some breakage issues, particularly in Valkyrie and Xcalibur. The quality of Hasbro's also went up and some of them were quite nice, particularly the recolours. However, they cheapened their releases by changing parts (e.g., E2 having Edge, W2 not having Orbit, etc.). Hasbro had some very cool exclusives, as well. However, the quality of plastic for TT was still higher. The launchers for Hasbro were TERRIBLE outside of the Gold Xcalius (which is a single layer), which I quite liked. Hasbro's stadiums were still terrible, too.

God Layers (TT) vs. Switchstrike (Hasbro):

Probably the closest in terms of releases. The foggy plastic was still an issue, but I find it's not nearly as bad for Switchstrike. They also had some great unique releases, like the sword launcher, Snake Pit set, etc. Most of the releases were true to TT but in a much easier to obtain and cheaper package. Launcher/accessories were not comparable between the two, but the Switchstrike launcher/sword launcher was a significant step in the right direction. Also, competitive wise, Switchstrike is probably superior. I understand why some would like Switchstrike better than God (even if I still find it aesthetically inferior).

Winner: Hasbro

Cho-Z (TT) vs. Slingshock (Hasbro):

Slingshock was an embarrassment. I liked the exclusives quite a bit (for variety, but they're all gimmick-less) and some of the recolours (mostly released after the Turbo run) but God, from the lack of metal, poorly executed gimmicks, changed parts, and mediocre Stadium gimmick, it just doesn't compare. Turbo prime Hasbro cheapness. And I hate that they flooded the store with their releases. They're everywhere and nobody wants them.

GT (TT) vs. Hypersphere (Hasbro):

I really like Hypersphere and its gimmick. Some of the Stadiums were maximum creativity and they worked. Really, really well. Some of the releases had really nice recolours and I love that they continued many of their exclusives. However, the system was stripped away of all complexity. GT added a much needed boost in complexity to the game and while I think the Random Boosters for GT were frustrating (reusing chips) there was a lot to like. Hypersphere vs. GT is likely the biggest divide between complex vs. simple. It's truly as though Hypersphere was made for kids, while GT is far more engaging for all. 

Winner: Tie

Sparking (TT) vs. Speedstorm (Hasbro):

Sparking has been incredible, outside of the cheapness of a few Random Boosters and reused drivers. Speedstorm has been such a let-down and a step backward (in terms of gimmick) from Hypersphere. Beyblades are quickly destabilized, lots of gimmicks removed, and the releases are pretty linear (outside of 1, the exclusives are non-existent). I like the Dual Packs (Hypersphere vs. Speedstorm) but ehhhhh. Also, similarly to Speedstorm, the complexity of the Beyblades are nearly all removed/cheapened and Hasbro is reliving their Turbo days by reusing dual layers with a fresh coat of paint. It's still not over yet, so maybe I'll be impressed later on. Doubt it.

Winner: TT (so far)

TT also does some incredible exclusive sets, releases, recolours. Additionally, TT has Lottery releases, better accessories and launchers, Random Boosters/layers and gimmicks (with creativity). TT also has a consistent release model; you know which day their stuff is released and where to purchase them. Hasbro's stuff is easier to find (sometimes) and cheaper, but at the cost of quality and aesthetic. Additionally, their release pattern is so embarrassing (Beyblades could be released whenever, sometimes not at all, in specific countries. Sometimes, Beyblades will be released 4-5 months in places before others). They attempted to redeem themselves with Pro-Series, but quality of those are suspect, even though they're almost/just as expensive as TT. Finally, the Burst releases of old Beyblades are handled a million times (and more) better on TT's side; from gorgeous recolours, to exclusive sets, usable competitive parts and accurate stickers. Hasbro's are terrifying and should be used as target practice.
(Mar. 21, 2021  5:13 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I like Hasbro much better no doubt. TT has too much power creep in it’s game.

Which is truly worse: power creep, or the realization that you already have the most powerful releases from several years ago so nothing new can actually give you anything worthwhile?

Truth is power creep is necessary to make new releases viable. Balkesh B3 is still one of the absolute best Hasbro layers, and it came out in, what, late 2018? Basically none of the new Speedstorm layers are viable at all over things like this. At least TT can give you new options, but Hasbro simply can't.
(Mar. 21, 2021  11:24 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  5:13 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I like Hasbro much better no doubt. TT has too much power creep in it’s game.

Which is truly worse: power creep, or the realization that you already have the most powerful releases from several years ago so nothing new can actually give you anything worthwhile?

Truth is power creep is necessary to make new releases viable. Balkesh B3 is still one of the absolute best Hasbro layers, and it came out in, what, late 2018? Basically none of the new Speedstorm layers are viable at all over things like this. At least TT can give you new options, but Hasbro simply can't.

While I can certainly understand the appeal of being able to use your favorite layer and (for the most part) not being nerfed competitively, I sometimes can't help but wonder, "Why should I bother buying anything new, when the competitive scene effectively plateaued years ago?"

TT's notorious for power creep, but that does help keep the meta fresh and constantly changing. Hasbros design philosophy isn't too terrible, but from what I understand its had roughly the same metagame since it first released (with the exception of the high-LAD Hypersphere drivers).
At the moment I’m thinking of my answer.