daddy beyblader...

Hi,

I've been lurking for quite some time, as I had no time to splurge myself back into beyblades since I got married and had 3 kids. So, now Im back, having 3 sons, eldest is 5yrs old, next is 2yrs old and youngest is still 8 months...

I played beyblade back as a teenager, back when wolborg was unbeatable...

My eldest "enzo" got into beyblading pretty late as he loved toy cars and didn't knew anything about beyblading, until one weekend I got so bored, so I went to the a general merchendise store near my house just to buy stuff. I found these beyblades in the store, they were very cheap. So yeah, they were fake ones, and I've known about these new metal fight beyblades since Im seeing them aired in the TV, and I've been seeing them in Toy stores, (which I visit regularly). So I bought 2 fake sets, and brought them back home, introduced it to my eldest "enzo" and my 2yrs old "kaiser" these toys, and guess what they loved them!

HAHA! great, I did thought at first that these beys are kinda smaller that the ones I used to have, and the parts are quite simple compared the the parts and gimmicks of beys of my era. Also, I did thought this was kinda corny that these beys are now actually smashing with the metal ring, which was only used for weights before....

Later, found out that MFB series is quite technical as well, and customization is actually more fun on this series, since Takara had made the parts balanced in a way that each combo has a weakness... like playing MTG, there was no BEST Bey of all, unlike the ZOMBIES that ruled over my era...

so with my wife's approval, my salary now has a budget for BEYS! hehehe... so "enzo" has been playing for 2+ months already, joining local tournaments here in the Philippines, every weekends. Now we own alot of beys, sometimes I buy 2-3 of each bey or set... because I like testing stuff and collecting as well...

I still buy fake ones, but just for fun and testing, and some monstrous, crazy, frankenstein mods, I have customized several launchers already in the span of 2 months... basically did a High RPM brushless motorized launcher... and yeah also bought lots of techie geeky gadgets like contactless tachometer, electronic scale, HIGH SPEED Cameras...

so I am also into PHYSICS stuff, and Ill try to put it in lay mans terms, with Video/animation and photo representation along with uncut test videos...

yeah, basically you'll be hearing lots of me... and probably contribute to this forum as well... So i'll be like the Philippines' "AkirasDaddy" (if you know him)

Why Screwpapa? I just love the Screw Metal wheel.
[Image: exq.png]

we got a mom,and now we got a dad......parents this days...

EDIT: oh look,he isnt just a dad,he is a Filipino dad.mabuhay ang pilipinas!(it means long live the philippines)
Wecome to the WBO Im New Here Too
And I Agree That MFB Beys Are Smaller Them Plastic Ones
(May. 23, 2011  2:11 PM)quetzacoatl Wrote: [Image: exq.png]

we got a mom,and now we got a dad......parents this days...

EDIT: oh look,he isnt just a dad,he is a Filipino dad.mabuhay ang pilipinas!(it means long live the philippines)

Hahaha, kids are lucky to have parents like us actually who spend on their toys. My parents didnt care about my beyblading at all when I was a teenager... I had to save my allowance to buy toys and make excuses to join tourneys...

In the Philippines, kids here dont usually own more than 50+ beyblades and accessories, and most of them dont get them in just a span of 2 months.

so you see!? hehehe
Welcome to the WBO! I hope you enjoy staying here! I'm also Filipino just like my friend, quetzacoatl! Kapag may tanong po kayo tungkol sa Beyblade o may problema, PM nyo lang ako! (If you have any questions about Beyblade or if you have a problem, just PM me!)
Welcome to the WBO fellow Pinoy! Have fun here!

Here's our Philippines tournaments discussion if your wondering how Filipinos communicate with each other: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Philippi...lear-rules.
welcome to the WBO
(May. 23, 2011  4:20 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Welcome to the WBO! I hope you enjoy staying here! I'm also Filipino just like my friend, quetzacoatl! Kapag may tanong po kayo tungkol sa Beyblade o may problema, PM nyo lang ako! (If you have any questions about Beyblade or if you have a problem, just PM me!)
You have to speak English in the English section. Lips_sealed

If you're from the Philippines, you should start a Pinoy beyday tournament!
Hope you enjoy the WBO
Thanks for the welcome guys (or gals)

Im kinda also looking for other "bey-parents" such as me
shadekitty is a bey-mom.....
Dude, you are awesome. I hope one day I can be as cool as you.

My money aside from the general saving "NEVER EVER TOUCH THIS ASIDE FROM MAKING MORE WITH IT!" fund, goes primarily towards paintball, boat (one day, I will have my Skeeter) and Beyblade. I have to spread it out mostly so I don't buy all the food ever...

Have fun at WBO!
Welcome to the WBO! *hands out a bowl of cereal*
(May. 23, 2011  2:04 PM)screwpapa Wrote: yeah, basically you'll be hearing lots of me... and probably contribute to this forum as well... So i'll be like the Philippines' "AkirasDaddy" (if you know him)

hard to be him. he is the BEST
I remember beyblade started way back 2002. Well, I was already 22 then.

My son loves beyblades and he is the only child. So we have lots of play time together.

=)
i cant belive your a dad and still like beyblades1(lol actualy i can)
I envy you and you need to ask your wife to buy beys?! lol its like asking a mom
anyways enjoy WBO
Smile