(answered) A question about burst classic part legality

Ok so as the thread name states I have a question about parts legality. Specifically are hasbro single and dual layers legal if you remove the qr code chips at their centers? Without the codes they are functionally the same as their tt counterparts so I would assume not, but there are a couple of rules that kinda say otherwise. This one specifically is what made me ask this question: "Swapping Layer Components/Disassembling Layers: Disassembling Layers or swapping components between them in any way is not permitted. Note: removing a God Chip does not constitute “disassembly” in this context, but one must be used in battle as described below.If this rule does make it illegal then I propose a revision about removing the QR code chips for burst classic specifically or at the very least have trusted members test their performance to see if there is any noticeable effect on its performance that would validate it being not allowed. also sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I don't use here much and this is my first actual post I've made so apologies.
[Image: IMG_20220225_033056.jpg?width=824&height=618]
I think this is honestly the first time this has come up. No one up to this point has removed that bit of plastic in the middle. Not in a very long time, at least.

As the rules stand, No, you would not be able to use these in Classic. You took a piece of the layer off, and now you want to use it in a WBO tournament. No.

"Without the codes they are functionally the same as their tt counterparts" No, they still have Slopes instead of Teeth, even if you remove that bit of plastic in the middle. Which alters the weight of the layer. Which again, No.

We don't need a rule exemption for this because No One Does This because Why Would Anyone Do This.

Why did you do this?
(Feb. 25, 2022  9:23 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I think this is honestly the first time this has come up. No one up to this point has removed that bit of plastic in the middle. Not in a very long time, at least.

As the rules stand, No, you would not be able to use these in Classic. You took a piece of the layer off, and now you want to use it in a WBO tournament. No.

"Without the codes they are functionally the same as their tt counterparts" No, they still have Slopes instead of Teeth, even if you remove that bit of plastic in the middle. Which alters the weight of the layer. Which again, No.

We don't need a rule exemption for this because No One Does This because Why Would Anyone Do This.

Why did you do this?

I actually weighted these with and without the chips and it didn't even register on the scale.
I'd also like to note that I mentioned if weight is a concerning issue then people should test the validity of the proposed impact to performance the removal of the chip would cause.

I did this because I thought that hasbro removing the ability to see the color of the driver ruined the intended aesthetics of the layer. Like tt put the clear top layer on single and dual layers specifically so you could see the driver underneath. This as a modification has or should have no impact on actual performance and is completely aesthetically oriented.
You removed the thing Hasbro put in there for aesthetic purposes. Okay. Well, just don't bring those parts to WBO tournaments! Feel free to bring any layers you haven't tampered with.

If we set a precedent that bladers can arbitrarily remove bits of layers for aesthetic purposes, we're going to get bladers wanting to add bits of layers for aesthetic purposes.
Please never come with parts that you modded for a tournament even locals play. Please ask your fellow wbo bladers(the people on the server) go into detail with the rules so you can have a fun time playing
(Feb. 25, 2022  11:30 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You removed the thing Hasbro put in there for aesthetic purposes. Okay. Well, just don't bring those parts to WBO tournaments! Feel free to bring any layers you haven't tampered with.

If we set a precedent that bladers can arbitrarily remove bits of layers for aesthetic purposes, we're going to get bladers wanting to add bits of layers for aesthetic purposes.

understandable