age scale in the hobby

I started collecting towards the end of Metal Fusion/beginning of Metal Masters, so I think I was, like, 10?
I'm almost 16 now haha. Time really flies.
I was twelve and was helping my mom babysit my nephews at the time I got introduced to it. I was really clueless to what was going on at the time (It was the middle of Metal Masters, so I had no idea what was going on prior to what I had seen. Just imagine trying to figure out why some random character was yelling about Hamburgers.). It was shortly thereafter that I started to watch the series on my own, and then collect. Both the friend who watched it with me and my nephew grew out of it, but I didn't. So, that meant I got all of their beys. Haha! Smile
I'm 16. 17 in just over a month. I started back with plastic gen. Plastic gen is my life!! xD My first beys were fakes. I kept buying fake Driger V's and Draciel S'. I forgot about Beyblade until like 3 years ago. Up until then I thought there were only ever 12 episodes, then I found out that there were 52 in the first season. Then 2 years ago I found out that there are 2 more seasons xD I found out that metal saga existed about 4 years ago when I saw a starter set in Toys 'R' Us, although I never really looked into it until last year. I watched all of MFB up to synchrome, because I felt like it would kinda ruin metal saga for me.... and here I am now.. I may have rambled on for too long. I also started collecting a lot of the GENUINE plastics xD and I buy bursts. I don't buy metal saga beys, because this hobby is too expensive as it is xD
I'm 12 as well though I started when I was 4
My cousin told me bout them so yeah
(Nov. 16, 2016  12:43 PM)Leo Burst Wrote: OMG I'm not the only 30 year old!!

(Nov. 12, 2016  6:43 PM)Leo Burst Wrote: I'm... I'm 34... and not from the Plastics generation. I just randomly bought some Burst Beys for my son and wound up so addicted that I now own every Bey in the series, and multiples of most...

41, got into metal fight after getting some for my son in 2010.  Son doesn't play anymore, but my daughter's do.  We were playing with the old metal fight beys a couple months ago and discovered burst while searching for Christmas beys for my daughter's.  Liked the idea of burst, and in last week have picked up all the Hasbro stuff and b-33 stadium, I like burst better than metal fight.  Anybody older than 41? ^_^
44. Been a fan pretty much since the beginning. Was working at TRU when they were released & between that & the show I was hooked. My girlfriend is a big fan too(& supportive/a saint when it comes to me buying pricey plastics & rare beys online, lol) as are alot of younger players at the comic shop I work at now, so I've always pretty much been around it...Smile
Wow! I never expected to see such a wide range of ages on here! Joyful_3 That's awesome! Grin
(Jan. 02, 2017  11:23 PM)Hurrijak Wrote: 44. Been a fan pretty much since the beginning. Was working at TRU when they were released & between that & the show I was hooked. My girlfriend is a big fan too(& supportive/a saint when it comes to me buying pricey plastics & rare beys online, lol) as are alot of younger players at the comic shop I work at now, so I've always pretty much been around it...Smile

I'm 19 but I'm in the same boat, I work at TRU right now and we just got Burst in, I grabbed some for me and my little brother, (he's 11) and we're having a blast and I'm gonna start importing some Tomy ones now.
18 I came around when metal fusion came out
27, started with Driger F when the 1st season of 1gen came out in Poland. Woha, it's been fifteen years, I think.
When I was 12, all my friends were into competitive Beyblade and I never was. I watched a bit of the anime but I didn't participate with them.

Now that they see me playing competitive Beyblade at 27 they think it's HILARIOUS that I picked up their favourite game when I became an adult! They can't believe I'm so serious about it. I need to get them all to join the WBO and get back in the game, clearly.

I started late: first picked it up at 25 for the emergence of Burst. New generation seemed like the time to do it!
11 started playing at either 4-6. Metal Fight.
17 turning 18 first started when metal fight hit stores pretty sure I'm 11 or 12
I'm currently buying Rock Giraffe just to complete that feeling I had as a kid/pre-teen when I really wanted Rock Giraffe but couldn't get it.
I'm 18 and I started when Metal Fusion came out now i can't help but search everywhere i go for beyblades lol
27, started with dragoon s and driger f. Wasnt a huge fan of the metal series but came back for burst.
By the way guys, there was already a topic about Members' ages in the General Discussion forum where people have been replying for years now.
I mean, I'm 20 and still pretty consistent with how much I like Beyblade. Been playing and collective since the air of the original Beyblade in America. However recently with Burst and Burst God, I've noticed the only thing that really keeps me invested in the show is base nostalgia. I can go months at a time without watching an episode and won't tune back in until a new bey design peaks my interest.
I'm 18, I'll be 19 in January, and I've been playing since I was like 5-6 years old. For a small hobby, it's impacted my life in more ways that I can explain, with experiences and choices I've made mainly.
I'm 12, and I will be 13 next month. I started blading when I was 5.
Im..................... 12 yrs old and i started beyblade at 2012
Started blading since the pre - Hybrid Mfb times! (6) am twelve now!
I am 12, and I started playing burst at the beginning of 2017.