40.00%
Balance
6.67%
Zero-G Defense
13.33%
Attack
0%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Instead of looking at specific combinations which it would be hard to collect data on much less analyze a pattern in, I grouped combinations together based on their wheel/track/tip and their purpose. Ex: Right-Spin BGrin. Thus far, success has been reported with 28 different wheel/track/tip-purpose combinations. And 154 combinations used. However, grouping things into our four basic categories felt too basic for my purpose so I subdivided them into(along with the basics):

Attack: Designed to KO their opponent or OS it by destabalizing their opponent.
Stamina: Designed to outlast Stamina types.
Balance: Designed to be a combiantion of two or more of the basic types of Beyblade.
Zero-G attack: Designed to "sway" the opponent out by using a combination of immense weight and speed.
Zero-G defense: Designed to effectively outlast a Zero-G attacker.
Hybrid: A combination of two types of Beyblade.
F230: A combination utilizing F230.
Dragooon^2 TH170Q: Becuase I don't know where it should be placed.
Storm___ DF145RF: Becuase I don't know where it should be placed.

Next, allow us to look at the most popular custom pairings. Note: At this point, for an accurate count of uses add one to the displayed number:

And last, but certainly not least, an analysis of the most popular types:

Conclusions for people who don't want to look at the data themselves:

Even in a format designed for Zero-G attack, people are still too scared to use it, yet if anyone does wise up and use it they will dominate due to the overwhelming presence of stamina and absence of defense and few Zero-G defense customs.

The most popular part customs are, Right spin BGrin, Left-spin BGrin, Duo-Based Stamina, CF-Based F230, and GCF-Based F230.
I think you should just put top tier/almost top tier combos instead of adding those old combos too. Just an FYI That Q and SA165GCF are sway.
It would be difficult to determine what's "almost top tier". It's not really a complete meta analysis if it only has top tier Beys it just has top tier beys used really.

Q isn't really Zero-G attack(Not sway btw), becuase it doesn't circle around. But I'm not sure TBH.
Kyler, I don't understand i.
Time's doesn't have all the old nowadays useless combos that might have won a tournament back in the day.

Also by almost top tier I mean needs to be added by the next update. Not like Storm RF.
(Jun. 30, 2014  3:55 AM)Ocean Wrote: Kyler, I don't understand i.

...?

It's a complete list of every type of combo ever used in a Zero-G tournament, simply.

(Jun. 30, 2014  3:58 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Time's doesn't have all the old nowadays useless combos that might have won a tournament back in the day.

Also by almost top tier I mean needs to be added by the next update. Not like Storm RF.

Zero-G's been out for a year and a half I think. And Standard has been in force for about 6 years. It was used and placed with, so...
(Jun. 30, 2014  3:59 AM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2014  3:55 AM)Ocean Wrote: Kyler, I don't understand i.

...?

It's a complete list of every type of combo ever used in a Zero-G tournament, simply.

(Jun. 30, 2014  3:58 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Time's doesn't have all the old nowadays useless combos that might have won a tournament back in the day.

Zero-G's been out for a year and a half I think. And Standard has been in force for about 6 years. It was used and placed with, so...
Zero G is a lot more complicated. When people started doing tournaments not many people had the stadiums and used combos they assumed were decent/did good in other stadiums, so of course not only the person experienced could place, so the other people with not so good combos beat the people with worse combos and placed.
Echizen, I get it now. I must have seemed so dumb XD
A combo used frequently in the beginning was Dragooon BGrin. It was still being used long after.
No offense Kyler, but it looks like you just tried to copy the outline of what I'd done for the limited format in a format that has no where near as conclusive or substantial of data based on the number of tournaments of it that occurred. This is why I had not made this myself and why I attempted to gain data on standard through a poll. I understand the desire to become an advanced member, but maybe calm it down a little? It seems like you've posted ten threads in the last few days that aren't very detailed when it would have been better for your goal and for the community to construct a couple of very high quality threads.
I'm not sure what you mean by lack of data? It has all the data from a year and a half of tournaments.

Only 5. I've actually been working on this for about two weeks now actually. The draft took about a week. The testing thread was becuase I saw a lack of a thread for it. I did tons of testing for that combo, and it worked for me, so I posted it, not to just have it.
(Jun. 30, 2014  4:08 AM)Time Wrote: No offense Kyler, but it looks like you just tried to copy the outline of what I'd done for the limited format in a format that has no where near as conclusive or substantial of data based on the number of tournaments of it that occurred. This is why I had not made this myself and why I attempted to gain data on standard through a poll. I understand the desire to become an advanced member, but maybe calm it down a little? It seems like you've posted ten threads in the last few days that aren't very detailed when it would have been better for your goal and for the community to construct a couple of very high quality threads.

Only 5 actually.

EDIT: the ninja typer said it first.
By lack of data I meant in relativity to the number of zero-g tournaments that have occurred. When I was looking at all of this stuff a couple of months ago if memory serves there were winning combinations posted for approximately 80% of all limited tournaments and roughly 55% of standard and 45% of zero-g tournaments since posting winning combinations became mandatory. In simple speech, what this means is that more likely than not the data available is not an accurate reflection of the meta.
Even if copy and pasted, it is still valuable data and can be used to the benefit of others. More knowledgeable members could add onto this if need be. This list is certainly not final, but a good list nonetheless.
(Jun. 30, 2014  4:17 AM)Time Wrote: By lack of data I meant in relativity to the number of zero-g tournaments that have occurred. When I was looking at all of this stuff a couple of months ago if memory serves there were winning combinations posted for approximately 80% of all limited tournaments and roughly 55% of standard and 45% of zero-g tournaments since posting winning combinations became mandatory. In simple speech, what this means is that more likely than not the data available is not an accurate reflection of the meta.

Very true. You can try to become an advced member by helping others (not that I know everything). I feel the same way, but just wait a year or two. Stay on the path of creativity and helpfulness and you WILL become advanced.

Now, back on topic...
Attack is used more often in Zero G, but still Stamina remains one of the most used types. F230 isn't used as much due to Organizers pressuring participants not to use it, and besides that Dragooon Stamina is the way most participants win a tourney.
Guys i'm not sure what the problem is here, this threads good, so what are you guys talking about?Tongue_out and i don't know what this advanced member stuff is all about?
Ultimate BLAZE: it started with this post
(Jun. 30, 2014  4:08 AM)Time Wrote: No offense Kyler, but it looks like you just tried to copy the outline of what I'd done for the limited format in a format that has no where near as conclusive or substantial of data based on the number of tournaments of it that occurred. This is why I had not made this myself and why I attempted to gain data on standard through a poll. I understand the desire to become an advanced member, but maybe calm it down a little? It seems like you've posted ten threads in the last few days that aren't very detailed when it would have been better for your goal and for the community to construct a couple of very high quality threads.
(Jul. 11, 2014  4:23 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: i don't know what this advanced member stuff is all about?

Me neither.