Yugioh General Discussion

This is the episode I've been waiting for all season; no matter which one of them wins, I'll be happy. Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype
used to watch this show, but i don't anymore, because of Arc V. What the actual carp was going on? srsly, can someone explain it? I've seen complicated plots but this one was needlessly insane. I legit don't know what Yugioh is anymore, cause Arc V changed so much carp in the multiverse, and I don't know what to think anymore. Plz i need help
(May. 15, 2021  4:14 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: used to watch this show, but i don't anymore, because of Arc V. What the actual carp was going on? srsly, can someone explain it? I've seen complicated plots but this one was needlessly insane. I legit don't know what Yugioh is anymore, cause Arc V changed so much carp in the multiverse, and I don't know what to think anymore. Plz i need help

Agreed lol, ARC-V's plot is a hot mess. Basically, the different dimensions are an Alternate Universe from each of the previous spin-offs' universes, which explains the existence of the Legacy Characters (despite the difference in timelines) and the differences in their personas compared to the original counterparts.

Also VRAINS is a whole other universe, and so is SEVENS (probably?)
I liked arc v despite the rushed ending.
Ok so, I think I want to start watching this show. I know nothing about it except that they battle with cards. So, could you guys tell me where I should start watching, if anything is better skipped, and the like?
(May. 15, 2021  5:30 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Ok so, I think I want to start watching this show. I know nothing about it except that they battle with cards. So, could you guys tell me where I should start watching, if anything is better skipped, and the like?

Welcome aboard pal!

So YuGiOh has seven series up until now: The original series (Duel Monsters) and its six spinoffs. Each series has a whole different cast and focuses on a different plot, so you can watch them in any order (well the first 3 are in the same timeline so you might want to watch them ordered in that case). The series are:

1- Duel Monsters (the original). You should at least know the key points of the series if you want some stuff in the next 2 to make sense, but IMO it sucks and is better skipped (don't take my word for granted tho, I'm being very biased here)

2- GX (set 10 years after DM). Seasons 1 and 2 have tons and tons of filler (some is fun, some is cringe as flip) and they only get serious halfway through. It gets darker and much more serious in Seasons 3 and 4 tho, and is one of the best series out of them all.

3- 5Ds (a couple decades after GX). The plot is fairly tight (but there's some filler here and there because well, it's a shounen anime) and it has 2 seasons. Kind of a mixed bag, but it's leaning more towards being good.

4- ZEXAL (completely different timeline). Season 1 is downright horrible with only a few good points near the end, Season 2 is much better and has a great plot ( beware the filler at the start tho).

5- ARC-V (technically AU of all previous spinoffs). My personal favorite series: Season 1 is amazing, Season 2 starts off well....but things go downhill halfway through (tho there are still some golden stuff in-between). Season 3 is a literal trainwreck and the ending is rushed as all hell (it's kinda the YuGiOh equivalent of the Dead Gran arc), but again, there are some golden stuff here and there.

6- VRAINS (different universe). Tight plot, almost no filler (but it has a lot of recap episodes which is equally if not more annoying), most peeps like how serious it is compared to the pther series but I honestly hate how bland 90% of the characters are (Ai being the only notable exception). Worth a shot, but not the absolute best.

7- SEVENS (idk but probably different universe). This one's still ongoing (Season 1 is wrapping up in 5 episodes), uses a completely different format of Duels and has a new art style (it's also mainly directed towards children). This series gets the most hate out of them all (possibly only second to ARC-V but I'd say SEVENS is more hated), but really, it has the best characterization and the plot is very well-written, even tho they could work on their villains. Side characters get decent focus, females can actually hold their own and don't need to be saved all the time, there's a lot of fun interactions and tons of humor (it gets strangely cringy at times tho), and is overall nice to watch if you ignore the rather weak Duels and how there's only 4 serious episodes for every 13.
(May. 15, 2021  6:23 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(May. 15, 2021  5:30 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Ok so, I think I want to start watching this show. I know nothing about it except that they battle with cards. So, could you guys tell me where I should start watching, if anything is better skipped, and the like?

Welcome aboard pal!

So YuGiOh has seven series up until now: The original series (Duel Monsters) and its six spinoffs. Each series has a whole different cast and focuses on a different plot, so you can watch them in any order (well the first 3 are in the same timeline so you might want to watch them ordered in that case). The series are:

1- Duel Monsters (the original). You should at least know the key points of the series if you want some stuff in the next 2 to make sense, but IMO it sucks and is better skipped (don't take my word for granted tho, I'm being very biased here)

2- GX (set 10 years after DM). Seasons 1 and 2 have tons and tons of filler (some is fun, some is cringe as flip) and they only get serious halfway through. It gets darker and much more serious in Seasons 3 and 4 tho, and is one of the best series out of them all.

3- 5Ds (a couple decades after GX). The plot is fairly tight (but there's some filler here and there because well, it's a shounen anime) and it has 2 seasons. Kind of a mixed bag, but it's leaning more towards being good.

4- ZEXAL (completely different timeline). Season 1 is downright horrible with only a few good points near the end, Season 2 is much better and has a great plot ( beware the filler at the start tho).

5- ARC-V (technically AU of all previous spinoffs). My personal favorite series: Season 1 is amazing, Season 2 starts off well....but things go downhill halfway through (tho there are still some golden stuff in-between). Season 3 is a literal trainwreck and the ending is rushed as all hell (it's kinda the YuGiOh equivalent of the Dead Gran arc), but again, there are some golden stuff here and there.

6- VRAINS (different universe). Tight plot, almost no filler (but it has a lot of recap episodes which is equally if not more annoying), most peeps like how serious it is compared to the pther series but I honestly hate how bland 90% of the characters are (Ai being the only notable exception). Worth a shot, but not the absolute best.

7- SEVENS (idk but probably different universe). This one's still ongoing (Season 1 is wrapping up in 5 episodes), uses a completely different format of Duels and has a new art style (it's also mainly directed towards children). This series gets the most hate out of them all (possibly only second to ARC-V but I'd say SEVENS is more hated), but really, it has the best characterization and the plot is very well-written, even tho they could work on their villains. Side characters get decent focus, females can actually hold their own and don't need to be saved all the time, there's a lot of fun interactions and tons of humor (it gets strangely cringy at times tho), and is overall nice to watch if you ignore the rather weak Duels and how there's only 4 serious episodes for every 13.

I think I'll start with the first timeline then. Do you think I should watch Duel Monsters or just spoil myself and move on to GX?
(May. 15, 2021  6:36 PM)i\m batman Wrote: I think I'll start with the first timeline then. Do you think I should watch Duel Monsters or just spoil myself and move on to GX?

IMO you're better off starting with GX.
(May. 15, 2021  6:40 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(May. 15, 2021  6:36 PM)i\m batman Wrote: I think I'll start with the first timeline then. Do you think I should watch Duel Monsters or just spoil myself and move on to GX?

IMO you're better off starting with GX.

(May. 15, 2021  6:40 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I started with GX.

That's what I'll be doing then. Thanks so much for the help!
Rush Duels are getting a new gimmick September 18.

The next major gimmick arrives in Rush, in September 2021!

エクストラ超越強化パック Extra Chouetsu Kyouka Pack (Extra Ultra Power-Up Pack)

The “Extra Ultra Power-Up Pack” has been confirmed for release on September 18th, 2021, which will include cards that support the latest gimmick to “Rush Duels” that will appear in the “Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS” animated series. This pack also comes with a strategy guide included, that explains the new gimmick in an easy to understand manner. Also, powerful “Legend” card(s), that are sopotent they are restricted to a single copy per Deck, are also included as Secret Rares!

“Extra Ultra Power-Up Pack”
Maker: Konami
Release Date: September 18th, 2021
Price: 165 Yen per 1 Pack of 5 Cards (Plus Tax)
15 Packs per Box
And yet we still don't get Quick-play Spells. Saaad.

Welcome aboard pal!

hold up. isn't 5D's a diff uni? according to arc 5, 5D's is a totally different universe. didn't yuma or yuya or whatever his name is duel there, with the antagonistic dim being the duel academy? or did duel academy exist prior to 5D's, meaning that the dimensions are separated by time? but the way it's narrated, its suggested they are separated by neither time nor space but resonance(I think that's the term, string theory carp). so what I'm getting at is: the dimensions all exist in the same place, yet vibrate at different frequencies(similar to the dc universe). buuuut, you just mentioned that duel academy exists in the same dimension as 5d's, which means that they are separated by time. which means zexal(idk you said different timeline) is in the other three universes. Idk if this is actually mentioned, but is zexal the universe that went to carp after the fire nation(sorry duel academy) attacked? this would mean that arc 5 is also somewhere in there, so there is just one dimension, going: DM, GX, 5D, ARC-V, Zexal. or zexal is somewhere different idk honestly

anywayssssssss, tldr:

did I miss smth? because the world building and the plot say different things, world says that it's all the same dim, just different times, and the plot says its all completely different dimensions. I have a feeling that they just make carp up for every season and don't expect people to read into it.
(May. 18, 2021  6:42 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: hold up. isn't 5D's a diff uni? according to arc 5, 5D's is a totally different universe. didn't yuma or yuya or whatever his name is duel there, with the antagonistic dim being the duel academy? or did duel academy exist prior to 5D's, meaning that the dimensions are separated by time? but the way it's narrated, its suggested they are separated by neither time nor space but resonance(I think that's the term, string theory carp). so what I'm getting at is: the dimensions all exist in the same place, yet vibrate at different frequencies(similar to the dc universe). buuuut, you just mentioned that duel academy exists in the same dimension as 5d's, which means that they are separated by time. which means zexal(idk you said different timeline) is in the other three universes. Idk if this is actually mentioned, but is zexal the universe that went to carp after the fire nation(sorry duel academy) attacked? this would mean that arc 5 is also somewhere in there, so there is just one dimension, going: DM, GX, 5D, ARC-V, Zexal. or zexal is somewhere different idk honestly

anywayssssssss, tldr:

did I miss smth? because the world building and the plot say different things, world says that it's all the same dim, just different times, and the plot says its all completely different dimensions. I have a feeling that they just make carp up for every season and don't expect people to read into it.

1- No, YuGiOh 5D's is in the same timeline/universe as DM and GX.
2- The three dimensions that aren't Standard in ARC-V are based off the three previous spinoffs (GX for Fusion, 5D's for Synchro, and ZEXAL for Xyz), and it appears that the Original Dimension splitting screwed up the DM/GX/5D's timeline, and that's why both the Fusion Dimensions that has GX's Academia and the Synchro Dimension that has 5D's' Neo Domino City exist at the same time in ARC-V. The Xyz Dimension that has ZEXAL's Heartland City, however, is a complete different universe from the aforementioned timeline, but still exists alongside them.
Anyone plays this game still?
...Almost everyone who posted on this thread does, yes.
(May. 15, 2021  4:20 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(May. 15, 2021  4:14 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: used to watch this show, but i don't anymore, because of Arc V. What the actual carp was going on? srsly, can someone explain it? I've seen complicated plots but this one was needlessly insane. I legit don't know what Yugioh is anymore, cause Arc V changed so much carp in the multiverse, and I don't know what to think anymore. Plz i need help

Agreed lol, ARC-V's plot is a hot mess. Basically, the different dimensions are an Alternate Universe from each of the previous spin-offs' universes, which explains the existence of the Legacy Characters (despite the difference in timelines) and the differences in their personas compared to the original counterparts.

Also VRAINS is a whole other universe, and so is SEVENS (probably?)

Arc-v was good, but the rushed ending was kinda let's say ruined Arc-v. I need satisying endings.
Arc v is my favourite season followed by zexal. Just wish the ending was better.
(May. 18, 2021  7:02 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(May. 18, 2021  6:42 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: hold up. isn't 5D's a diff uni? according to arc 5, 5D's is a totally different universe. didn't yuma or yuya or whatever his name is duel there, with the antagonistic dim being the duel academy? or did duel academy exist prior to 5D's, meaning that the dimensions are separated by time? but the way it's narrated, its suggested they are separated by neither time nor space but resonance(I think that's the term, string theory carp). so what I'm getting at is: the dimensions all exist in the same place, yet vibrate at different frequencies(similar to the dc universe). buuuut, you just mentioned that duel academy exists in the same dimension as 5d's, which means that they are separated by time. which means zexal(idk you said different timeline) is in the other three universes. Idk if this is actually mentioned, but is zexal the universe that went to carp after the fire nation(sorry duel academy) attacked? this would mean that arc 5 is also somewhere in there, so there is just one dimension, going: DM, GX, 5D, ARC-V, Zexal. or zexal is somewhere different idk honestly

anywayssssssss, tldr:

1- No, YuGiOh 5D's is in the same timeline/universe as DM and GX.
2- The three dimensions that aren't Standard in ARC-V are based off the three previous spinoffs (GX for Fusion, 5D's for Synchro, and ZEXAL for Xyz), and it appears that the Original Dimension splitting screwed up the DM/GX/5D's timeline, and that's why both the Fusion Dimensions that has GX's Academia and the Synchro Dimension that has 5D's' Neo Domino City exist at the same time in ARC-V. The Xyz Dimension that has ZEXAL's Heartland City, however, is a complete different universe from the aforementioned timeline, but still exists alongside them.

my brain hurts
Idk if it's because ARC-V is that complicated or because I suck at explaining stuff (or a combination of both), but ya, understandable.
Hi guys, I am thinking of selling YuGiOh themed necklaces on my eBay store. So far, I have Millennium Eye pendants on my store (Gold and Silver). Here is my store:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m12390/m.html?_...ipg=&_from=

When you open the link, type in "YuGiOh " in the search bar, and the necklaces will appear.
New SEVENS news, spoilers of course!
(Jun. 05, 2021  9:03 PM)Instarez Wrote: New SEVENS news, spoilers of course!

You know, if that that theory of yours is correct, then that means Rook's winning the finals of the tournament by either:
A) Beating over Magiflag Ship with a new boss
B) Defeating Sevens Road Magicians with Dragears as a throwback to Episode 2
C) Something else entirely.
I personally think B is more likely, but hey, anything can happen and I wouldn't count Yuga out just yet.

Welcome aboard pal!

sooo should I watch it in this order-?