Your reaction to bad christmas gifts

(Dec. 25, 2010  4:03 AM)♥ Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2010  4:00 AM)kidice Wrote: Man you guys are deep

it's not about being deep, more about not being a moron

Iceburn

I just had to do that. (Credits to Blah for teaching me. Wink)

Yeah, I'll just accept it and say thanks. It's a gift, it's for free. So take it.
Agreed, it's the thought that counts. Smile
(Dec. 25, 2010  3:53 PM)Diamond Wrote: When receiving 'disappointing' presents, such as a McDonald's Happy Meal toy, I would thank that person in a relatively cheerful tone, then immediately change the subject with something along the lines of "I like apples." in order to avoid further discussion on the disappointment.

Seriously though, I thank the person and appreciate his or her effort in getting/making the present.

Lol change of subject always works , i mean this also happens on birthdays to i have done this many times , the people just feels so happy when they see you liking their presents , but when i gift someone especially little bro's & sis's i just tend to give money a nice card & chocolates works everytime
i just accept it Smile
but what do you mean by a "bad" christmas gift? there arent any Smile
i would burn the bad presents and the tree lol
I would become a little sad but then God tells me to get over it because there are homless people out there.
Just don't be an carp about it.
(Dec. 25, 2010  4:54 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2010  3:53 PM)Diamond Wrote: When receiving 'disappointing' presents, such as a McDonald's Happy Meal toy, I would thank that person in a relatively cheerful tone, then immediately change the subject with something along the lines of "I like apples." in order to avoid further discussion on the disappointment.

Seriously though, I thank the person and appreciate his or her effort in getting/making the present.

Lol change of subject always works , i mean this also happens on birthdays to i have done this many times , the people just feels so happy when they see you liking their presents , but when i gift someone especially little bro's & sis's i just tend to give money a nice card & chocolates works everytime
i think a lot of people give money to avoid bad presents

but just dont be a spoiled brat and say thanks . plus after u leave u dont have an obligation to use it
I just accept them now. I mean when I was younger maybe I would have been sad or something but I would have thought most kids would find it hard to just smile and get on with it. Besides, the most thing I don't like people buying me is clothes since I like to get clothing myself where I can try them on and they know that know.

I will say that this year was pretty good and I loved what I got, even if there was a few things missing.
I just sit down,relax and read this STUPID PM that a noob sent me.
trust me it cheers you up.

darkwolf3518 Wrote:i reported him 10 min agoEee (He is talking about kai-V)
The worst I got in terms of Christmas presents was of my own stupid moves, getting mega blocks instead of Lego's. Ugh.
well i dont get bad christmas gifts but i have noticed this. since im the youngest of the family people think the youngest get the most. WRONG i got the least presents. but my reaction was i said thankyou and didnt act sad
Here's my reaction: I say thank you, smile politely, and (since my cousin & I normally share a party) tell him it's his turn, and just let it go. It's water under the bridge, right? Also, I think people will find a use for something, no matter what it is, eventually. (e.g. my cousin gave me a DSlite charger, but I didn't have a DSLite, but I got a DSLite in just over a year, or thereabouts.)
oh its false? well all im yrying to say is that alot of people are suffering you know.srry i got my info wrong
I think you should be happy with anything
Its free stuff
Hey, normally I get not-so-great presents from my somewhat clueless folks, but they tried, plus my mom got me a laptop, and I can use it if I got all A's, B's and C's. I die if she sees a D or F. Not only do I get a laptop, I also don't die! Bonus! So, I'm not complaining. Plus, my dad got me a Wolborg MS, DEMS, and a Dragoon MS. (I have no idea how he got those.) Just grin and keep goin'.
Well, there was once an incident when I was a toddler, I xried because I got an action figure and I hated it when my dad got free pens from oatients and then gave them to me. Once he went kverseas, and came back with a 2008 model mac. i do not really appreciate my gifts, i would politely acceptit, but i think thr impression ive made on everyone is, dont get me a gift...
Nothing is a bad gift to me, but if it's really really bad like a torn piece of paper into bits, then I would keep it in a collection called: Christmas Gifts.
I say thankyou and if it a close family member i hug them. i always try to be extra polite because once when i was little i was a carp because i got one present i didnt like.