Your Re-paints And Special Customisations

(Feb. 13, 2010  11:20 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: Actually, this is only a black Pegasis clear wheel in the Wind Aquario Booster and the clear Pegasis face from the Coco in Hong Kong. I call this as Black Pegasis!

Dang it! I was gonna do this with my pegasis but I was going to spray the metal wheel gold.
(Jun. 07, 2010  9:41 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: 'Gloss aluminium' Storm Wolf

That's actually not too shabby.
What are you doing for the bottom?

Assuming that now we can actually back up posts since we currently keep resetting and losing every post made since 4 days ago, I'll try this again.

Black Galaxy Pegasis:
[Image: blackgalaxypegasis.png]
The Galaxy wheel was sprayed with two coats of gunmetal spray, and a single clear cloat.
The clear wheel, track, and bottom were all dyed black using RIT dye.
I just spray the CW, MW aand track.
(Jun. 07, 2010  2:37 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Black Galaxy Pegasis:
The Galaxy wheel was sprayed with two coats of gunmetal spray, and a single clear cloat.

Which did you spray first, gunmetal or clear coat?
(Jun. 07, 2010  2:37 PM)theflightyellz Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2010  9:41 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: 'Gloss aluminium' Storm Wolf

That's actually not too shabby.
What are you doing for the bottom?

Assuming that now we can actually back up posts since we currently keep resetting and losing every post made since 4 days ago, I'll try this again.

I had a question about this too. Do you just spray the metal or do you use self etching primer before hand?
Of course you spray the gunmetal before the clear coat : /
Old version of Black Pegasis:
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=1660]

Gunmetal Pegasis comes:

A painted my Rock Leone few month ago, always forget to post it:

Finally the Rock Leone banner, the background isn't too good:

A higher quality:

^ It looks neat, but I think you should paint the wheel black! Or even white. The gray takes away from the color.
Im pretty sure he just made it to look like the rock Leone from MFB, so that wouldnt make sense
(Jun. 23, 2010  4:04 AM)Jsc Wrote: Im pretty sure he just made it to look like the rock Leone from MFB, so that wouldnt make sense

That's true...plus the paint would probably just scratch off anyways...
It wouldn't scratch off....
I have painted it for months...
(Jun. 23, 2010  10:39 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: It wouldn't scratch off....
I have painted it for months...
I think +Bell meant that the paint will scratch off after a few battles. :\
After painting, I'm still using the Leone clear wheel
(Jun. 23, 2010  10:53 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: After painting, I'm still using the Leone clear wheel

(Jun. 22, 2010  12:47 PM)+Bell Wrote: ^ It looks neat, but I think you should paint the wheel black! Or even white. The gray takes away from the color.
The Metal Wheel is the only part of your re-colored Rock that is grey, so I suppose he meant the paint scratching off the Metal Wheel. :\
Anyone have any idea why the paint on my wheels are still chipping off even though I've used lacquer? I'm a noob with painting my beys...
I doubt you'd be able to apply a layer which is completely resistant to chipping, considering the momentum and speed the Wheels are moving and making contact with each other.
it would have to be transparent with a greater density than the metal the wheels are made of..
In basic terms, unless you have clear spray on plastic to hand, then no finish will ever be completely chip resistant.
Ok thanks. All that effort just to have 2 flames chip each other's paint off immediately...

Tired
(Jun. 23, 2010  10:58 AM)Climax Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2010  10:53 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: After painting, I'm still using the Leone clear wheel

(Jun. 22, 2010  12:47 PM)+Bell Wrote: ^ It looks neat, but I think you should paint the wheel black! Or even white. The gray takes away from the color.
The Metal Wheel is the only part of your re-colored Rock that is grey, so I suppose he meant the paint scratching off the Metal Wheel. :\

Metal wheel is what I meant to say. Sorry. I just always thought Rock Leone was kinda boring with just the gray and green.
When they are new it looks better because the metal wheel is shiny, but they dont stay new even if you dont use it Unhappy
I would spend so much money for that CW... What was the exact color of acrylic paint did you use, RエスコルピオT125JB?
(Jun. 22, 2010  8:47 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: A painted my Rock Leone few month ago, always forget to post it:

Finally the Rock Leone banner, the background isn't too good:

A higher quality:

You should do more to it or paint it a different colour you painted the wheel dosn't really stand out next to the normal version(Took me a few minutes to realize what you'd actually done.
[Image: DSC02460.png]

Always wanted to strip the paint from Galaxy ... Now I can't find a good Clear Wheel to match it! D: