"Your Creations" Forum [Sub-Section Appeal]

Poll: What do you think should happen?

Leave the forum as it is.
2.86%
Create sub-sections!
97.14%
Total: 100% 35 vote(s)
The "Your Creations" Forum

The most creative section on the WBO ...

Well, this section is always bustling with activity. From stories to graphics and everything in between. Actually, there is so much activity, we think it needs to be a bit more organized and therefore should have sub-categories.

This is a request to the WBO, a request from a lot of the avid users of this section. A request to sub-categorize the forum. The main reason being that many of the threads are GFX shops. They (naturally) are the ones that receive the most replies and hence stay at the top of the page. While others have to dig through the threads to find stories. And as such, the story writers (in order to get more attention) have to indirectly "bump" their threads.

So, we should have some sort of a sub-category put in place. My idea is the following:
  • GFX Shops + Graphics
  • Writing (stories)
  • Other
It is just a vague list, as I did not want to suggest too many categories.

Please vote for what you think should be done Cute
I think this should happen, because I see a lot of people who write stories that are always sort of "bumping" they're threads because nobody gets the chance to read them. it seems like the section is unorganized, with all the new threads being created. EDIT: Didn't read entire OP.

I would also add a Drawings and Photography area there, too. (Since a lot of those are appearing Wink)
(Jul. 24, 2012  7:36 AM)Tech Wrote: I would also add a Drawings and Photography area there, too. (Since a lot of those are appearing Wink)

In my opinion, those should be grouped together. In something like a "visual" group XD

I think they would want as few sub-sections as possible, so I kept them generic. Unless we can have more sections, then we can be even more efficient and group things better Eee
I agree,this is a good idea. There are also threads about youtube accounts. My idea is pretty much the same as yours,Insomniac.
It think it should be like this:
GFX Shops & Graphics
Writing(Stories)
Visuals(Photography,drawings)
Other(Youtube,etc..)
I agree too this is a good.
I think it should like this
GFX Shops & Graphics
Writing (Stories, etc.)
Photography Or Drawings
Video or Other
Can people keep in mind that we have always been a message board avoiding to have too many forums and sub-forums ?
(Jul. 24, 2012  11:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Can people keep in mind that we have always been a message board avoiding to have too many forums and sub-forums ?

I said that :\ Unless you meant something else XD

(Jul. 24, 2012  7:39 AM)Insomniac Wrote: I think they would want as few sub-sections as possible ...
When people suggest four sub-forums, I do not think they understand the idea ...
(Jul. 24, 2012  11:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: When people suggest four sub-forums, I do not think they understand the idea ...

I see, that is why I think three should be the maximum.

But you can defintely fit four, so why not? Hahaha XD
[Image: dQNXk.png]

I didn't mean it like this though ...
[Image: 23890409.jpg]
I personally agree with Insomniac here. I have a story here, and when I post a new chapter it get's engulfed by photography threads and GFX shops. Then Either I beg someone to post on it (which is greedy), or bump it myself (which gets annoying to the creator). I would think that they should at least be split into three (GFX/Photography, Stories/Drawings, OTHER), but that's just me...
(Jul. 24, 2012  12:13 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I beg someone to post on it

So I'm not alone, hahaha XD
(Jul. 24, 2012  12:28 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2012  12:13 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I beg someone to post on it

So I'm not alone, hahaha XD

You too? I don't but when I go to sleep on christmas eve I ask santa fot repies.
Jk but still XDDDD
(Jul. 24, 2012  12:46 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: You too? I don't but when I go to sleep on christmas eve ...

You'd have to wait a year, for replies. Haha XD
[art]-Post your drawings, GFX, pictures, etc, here!
[writing]-Fan-fictions, short stories...all of it goes here!
[other]-Anything that doesn't belong in the other two categories goes here!

^That's what I'd have it look like. Although part of me feels it's dumb that a message board centered around spinning tops would use its time to make sub forums for "off-topic" things (As much as I'd love a separate writing sub-forum Grin). I think it would be wise to put a moderator in place for it, since there will be a lot of misplacement of thread, and therefore a lot of mini-modding. But once again, dumb to have a moderator for off topic things...

The whole thing doesn't look nice either way you slice it. Either it stays cluttered and impossible to navigate, or it becomes cleaner but starts to take away from the point of this being the WBO and not the WCO. Eh.

But by the way Insomniac, you always have the neatest and most well-written OP's haha.
I personally am in favor of this. I have been looking for a sig for a long time, and I cna't get one.
(Jul. 24, 2012  7:59 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: I personally am in favor of this. I have been looking for a sig for a long time, and I cna't get one.

That's...
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-FREE-Shi...amped-OPEN
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-FREE-Tet...-Shop-OPEN
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-SERVICE-...98%85-OPEN
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Remaster...phics-Shop
All on the first page. That's just laziness if you couldn't find one...the one thing I'll say is that it is somewhat of a battle trying to bump your thread without 'bumping' and fighting to be on that first page. It'd probably be a lot easier for people if everything was divided up. That being said, I still stand by my earlier point...
(Jul. 24, 2012  7:45 PM)Sparta Wrote: But by the way Insomniac, you always have the neatest and most well-written OP's haha.

Thanks Cute

(Jul. 24, 2012  7:59 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: I personally am in favor of this. I have been looking for a sig for a long time, and I cna't get one.

This is what we are trying to campaign against ...

There are TOO many sig shops cluttering the front page! The stories get "bumped" down.

(Jul. 24, 2012  7:45 PM)Sparta Wrote: Although part of me feels it's dumb that a message board centered around spinning tops would use its time to make sub forums for "off-topic" things (As much as I'd love a separate writing sub-forum Grin)

We have a section already. I don't see what is wrong in trying to organize it Gasp
Im in favor of insomniac here Stupid. Dont worry youre not alone palJoyful_2!
(Jul. 25, 2012  12:42 AM)Bald Eagle Wrote: Dont worry youre not alone palJoyful_2!

I know I am not alone. I messaged like 15+ people before making this thread. Just to see if my opinion was widely agreed upon.

It would make me seem really stupid making a thread like this and receiving no interest ...
Ok then back to the general discusion of youre thread now have fun!Stupid
(Jul. 25, 2012  12:42 AM)Bald Eagle Wrote: Im in favor of insomniac here Stupid. Dont worry youre not alone palJoyful_2!

If you're in favor of making sub-forums, why are you the only one who voted to keep it the same??
(Jul. 25, 2012  12:50 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2012  12:42 AM)Bald Eagle Wrote: Im in favor of insomniac here Stupid. Dont worry youre not alone palJoyful_2!

If you're in favor of making sub-forums, why are you the only one who voted to keep it the same??

I didn't see that, haha. If I did, I would've delivered my personal rage package to his front door.
This is a great idea. I hate using the search function just to find stories/ Graphic shops. I wouldnt be very vauge in catagorizing. Here is my idea:
Graphic Shops
Drawings
Photos
Storys:Beyblade
StorysGaspther

Correct me if it should be worded diffrently.
(Jul. 25, 2012  1:12 AM)Trainer Red Wrote: This is a great idea. I hate using the search function just to find stories/ Graphic shops. I wouldnt be very vauge in catagorizing. Here is my idea:
Graphic Shops
Drawings
Photos
Storys:Beyblade
StorysGaspther

Correct me if it should be worded diffrently.

TOO many categories XD. I feel "stories" should all be lumped together.

I think Sparta's outline is the best so far.
Yes, I agree with Sparta. Drawings and Graphics should go together somehow. It could be called "Graphics/Art".

Why do I post, I don't know nothin, lawl.