Your Biggest Phobia

(Jun. 18, 2012  3:50 AM)Vortex-S Wrote: Why wouldn't they love you? You feed them, groom them, play with 'em and give them shelter...

No, most dogs love you without even having interacted with you besides a physical encounter.

I also have no idea why people get dogs that just look mean or ugly. The therapy is not in getting an animal that looks even worse than you to reassure yourself that you are not the ugliest being ever : you need a companion.
A dog's behaviour is pretty much down to the owner. Most dogs that are aggressive have been raised that way. My dog, Caesar, is a white German Shepherd and people are terrified of him. He runs at them menacingly, teeth bared and leaps ferociously at them... then starts jumping up at them and trying to lick them whilst whining the whole time. I remember one time he hid behind me when a chihuahua started yapping at him... it was pretty embarrassing.
Agrophobia: 'nuff said. My palms get sweaty, my heart rate increases, it's like I'm in a state of stupor and duress combined.
(Jun. 18, 2012  4:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:50 AM)Vortex-S Wrote: Why wouldn't they love you? You feed them, groom them, play with 'em and give them shelter...

No, most dogs love you without even having interacted with you besides a physical encounter.

I also have no idea why people get dogs that just look mean or ugly. The therapy is not in getting an animal that looks even worse than you to reassure yourself that you are not the ugliest being ever : you need a companion.

I'm allergic to animals so I really can't judge because I haven't handled a dog before. So basically my argument is invalid, ha.

I do however agree that people needn't get Bulldogs or other menacing looking dogs. Its probably just to look cool...?
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You should not be scared of all dogs though ... Some are clearly not mad.

After a dog attack that left my neck bloody and gave me mild trouble breathing, at the age of four, I was extremely skittish around dogs of every orientation for several years - even my own dogs.

Now I simply don't like dogs, but for a completely unrelated reason.
My Phobia would probably be a fear of water, Mainly for the reason that I cannot swim, And I almost drowned once due to me going underwater and panicking.

Also I am scared to think about the inevitability of death, Just the thought of it makes me scared.
Germs and most insects. I generally keep my phobias as under-raps as possible, for the benefit of myself and those around me, but *shivers

I am not afraid, so much as they bother me to the point were I can't deal with it. So I ethier stress, have someone else solve the issue, avoid the issue entirly, or as a last resort, carefuly take care of it myself, but only when needed.
I honestly feel bad for people who have bad experiences with bad dogs...the number of good dogs and positive things about dogs far outweigh the bad. But alot of dog related fears are understandable with most dog-fearers, given the types of unfortunate incidents some people experience, especialy at a younger age. I was actualy able to get one of my neighbors over his irrational fear of dogs, and now I think he has one himself (a small dog though)
edit key isnt working...

anyway as a child I used to be terrified of death. But somewhere along the way I learned to accept it as part of lide. Besides, when I die, i get to see what comes/what doesn't come next, so thats one spin on it.

The price of living is death, so while we are alive, our goals should be to improve the quality of life for those around us, and for those who will come after us. That is my resolve anyway
(Jun. 18, 2012  12:13 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You should not be scared of all dogs though ... Some are clearly not mad.

After a dog attack that left my neck bloody and gave me mild trouble breathing, at the age of four, I was extremely skittish around dogs of every orientation for several years - even my own dogs.

Now I simply don't like dogs, but for a completely unrelated reason.
Dogs can be nice, they usually would attack you for a reason. Like once I was petting a dog and i accidently touched a cut or something and it tried to nip at me but instead biting be right in the face.

My phobias: Water I can-not see in, doors unlocked *at my house only*. And many others.

The water thing probably comes from my dad, he used to throw me in the deep end and tell me to swim back to him.
My Phobia was that When I was A kid. I was afraid of Loud Sound .. like Lightening Sound..
My Brother Helped me to be Face any type of loud sound... I think I am afraid of Height too. Tongue_out
Apiphobia. Since I was a kid, I've had a terrible fear of bees. Especially when they fly right past your ear. AHHH!
I'm scared of death, fear, and lonelyness. Especially that middle one
Scared of fear.

Uroboros.
I`m scared of Ghosts.
What was so annoying though is that my friend scared me using this video
P.S if you don`t like to get scared don`t watch this
I am Claustrophobic. Being in closed cramped places just makes me feel suffocated.
I'm scared of deep water, heights, but my main phobia is aichmaphobia. I never use anything sharper than a butter knife for anything. I used a pizza cutter twice but even that freaked me out. I also get uneasy when any kind of knife or scissors are pointed at me whether someone is holding them or not. I'm really paranoid XD
Sharp Objects, Stairs, and my house...
I mean come on, my house is seriously creepy.
You would not like it.
The only thing I'm not afraid of that regular people fear is fire...
I get scared of big spiders (i snatch the small ones lol..) and some creepy ugly insects. I am not afraid of animals though, may it be a lion or lioness.. Also i get scared of dark (not that i scream), it just haunts me and heights (but when i was small i was not afraid about it)
Not sure of anything else,
I'm afraid of spiders,large or small enclosed spaces,darkness,YO FACE!,heights,dying,bugs.
Yeah im a teen and im still afraid of these things.So if u are cruel and misunderstanding of me...well just go die in a hole Tired
i start to sweat(a ton!!),hyperventilate,i will also faint,start screaming my head off,going completely INSANE!!
im serious,i've had to take medication because of this.
Apparently I've become chlostrophobic. I never used to be until recently which is weird.

I was in my game room playing the wii (which still has many boxes from the move) and when I tried playing, I freaked out and started kicking the boxes away. I didn't exactly freak and scream, I just couldn't handle it.
I am extremely afraid of aliens. I saw an advert on CBBC for something like doctor who and after that, I was constantly checking the dark. I am also slightly afraid of anyting hitting the veins on my wrist.
Im not sure, I really never got tht scared over anything
It took me a while but im a little scared of breaking a bone tht cant be healed like break my knee cap i cant walk anymore, and sometimes abused animals getting hurt
Crimes they make me feel like everyone is out to get you
Actually, I just realized I'm deathly afraid of growing up. I sorta knew it before but never really thought about it. That's actually my number one fear.